Mottram Hall
Alderley Edge Hotel(Alderley Edge)
$99
$96
The Bridge Hotel(Prestbury)(Great Value!)
$80
$102
Priceline
Deanwater Hotel(Stockport)
$105
The Wilmslow Lodge(Wilmslow)(Great Value!)
$74
Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
$71
PremierInn.com
$91
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
$110
$83
Travelodge Macclesfield Adlington(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
Legh Arms(Prestbury)
1,746 results
All reviewsgolf courseclaret jugcocktail barspa facilitiesoutdoor jacuzziq hotelsspa breakgolf clubafternoon teaevening meallight lunchgarden roomwedding partylovely spamain restaurantsteam roomset menu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had not visited this hotel since it's refurbishment, we were not disappointed, each room and their colours were gorgeous. In addition, as it's so near Christmas, each area was decorated beautifully, each Christmas tree being a different colour and fabulously decorated, a bonus for us. The staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms spotless. as we love De Vere hotels, one of the things we look forward to is the breakfast, however on this occasion, disappointed, The cooked breakfasts were barely warm, informed the staff on our way out of restaurant, who said he would check it out. 2nd morning, sad to say, same experience. We thought going down at 9am, one would expect hot food. the scrambled eggs looked like custard, fried eggs hard, bacon hard. We again informed reception staff on checking out, they seemed surprised. would we visit De Vere again, probably,because of their surroundings, but would expect hot food.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Alibee1Wirral,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased that you continue to return to Mottram Hall. I do apologise about the breakfast, thank you for bringing it to my attention to ensure it is addressed.

We hope to welcome you back to Mottram Hall again in the near future.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed at mottram hall for a spa day and stay to surprise my mum. Arrived at 11am and went into use the spa facilities straight away, a lovely lady showed us around gave us dressing gowns and told us where our treatments would be. They have recently refurbished the spa and having been to mottram hall before the refurbishment I would say its been done to a very high standard. They have an outside Jacuzzi and two steam rooms on a deck, these weren't as hot as the indoor steam room but still lovely and relaxing. We then spent the rest of the time before our treatments relaxing round the pool on the lovely soft padded loungers. We then both had massages and facials which were both lovely and relaxing. To end the day we decided to eat in the club house instead of the restaurant , this would be my only gripe of the day as I think £12 is slightly expensive for a burger and fries ! From my past experience the restaurant is also extremely expensive, lesson learned I will eat off site next time ! The room itself is lovely, comfortable beds and clean. Although quite dark with only bedside lights and very hot with no visable temperature controls. Breakfast was lovely and quiet as it was a week day, lots of fresh fruit and pastries, cereals and full cooked breakfast all lovely and fresh. Would stay here again but will definitely eat elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Our room was a twin 333 and it looked over the hotel loading bay, didn't bother us too much as we weren't in there long but one to avoid if your there longer than one night and appreciate a view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nicki07
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Nicki07,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the spa and leisure facilities, we can appreciate that they are an asset to Mottram Hall.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mottram Hall in the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Mottram Hall on a great deal from spabreaks.com. We got two nights of accommodation, breakfast both days, a spa day with two treatments each, afternoon tea and dinner on the first night for £129 each. It felt like a very good deal.

The location and the hotel are beautiful and very relaxing. The food was decent, the staff were very pleasant and the spa facilities are second to none. This was counteracted by a very small and extremely noisy bedroom.

I would've been slightly disappointed had we been paying full price, but with the deal I was perfectly content. A great place for a spa break!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Kate B,

Thank you for your comments that you posted on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that the you were able to relax, enjoy the hotel and it’s facilities but am sorry you were disturbed by noise.

I hope that we would see you back at Mottram Hall in the near future

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Before I start this review - I have previously stayed at Mottram - last December, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

I booked a Chambre Unique room at Mottram Hall for last weekend, for me and my girlfriend. It's in a lovely area, and having visited before - I thought it'd nice to go back and have a relaxing night. Being a young couple, it is intimidating walking into the reception area - when the staff are looking at you like you're dirt, even though I have just paid £125 for 1 night!! The staff member in particular was quite patronizing, and although other guests (with less bags) were offered a porter to their rooms, we wasn't! She didn't even give us a clue as to where the room was! After putting up with that, we decided that we wasn't going to eat at their restaurant - and decided to eat out in Prestbury at Romulus (If you like Italian, you have to eat here - one of the best Italians I have had in England). The room was okay - if not stupidly overpriced. Nothing special for the extra money I had spent.

The next morning, we had to wait around for 15 minutes to get a table for breakfast - again, another annoyance.

After my previous stay, I really thought Mottram Hall would be a nice place to stay for the night, but I feel almost cheated out of such amount of money, as the service we received is something I would expect from a £30 Premier Inn (whose staff, infact - are very friendly and helpful).

Room Tip: Save your money, don't even bother
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mike W,

Thank you for your comments in regard to your recent stay at Mottram Hall. I am sorry that your felt the staff were not welcoming to you. We would like to discuss this further with you and would encourage you to contact Isara Fraser, Front Office Manager via email on isara.fraser@devere-hotels.com.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Everything perfect from booking to check out.
Rooms too small although they tried to charge £40.00 more to up grade the room within few minutes after the booking which was not good taste at all. The management or Arab ? owners have no respect for the customer by trying insulting them and BTW the hotel does not worth the up grade price at all.
Spa, dinner and breakfast was good as well as all the staff.
Victoria and Galoriela were very courteous and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms they offer first are very small, ask for large rooms on booking or check in. We did not then again we will not go again. Mere Spa is much better and value for money.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ali7744,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed the spa facilities that we have to offer and that the staff were friendly and courteous to you. I am sorry that you felt the rooms did not meet your expectation.

We hope you do choose to return to Mottram Hall in the future.