It's clear that weddings bring in big money for De Vere but they also can be a nightmare if you're just an 'ordinary' guest.
On Sunday night, 15th September, our sleep was shattered by drunken loutish behaviour by so many people it was an out and out disgrace.
I finally lost my cool at 3.30am when a drunk was banging on the room next door and shouting to be let in.
I opened my door and told him he should 'go elsewhere'. He just bleated that he wanted to be let in. I suggested again that he might find somewhere else to be.
When he was finally let in he and his mates in the room were then shouting and laughing for another hour before they, and us, finally got some sleep.
When I mentioned it to reception the girl said that we weren't the only ones to complain and that we really should have let reception know at the time as they would have done something about it.
Clearly that was garbage as if others had complained then they had been ignored as nothing at all was done to prevent the racket that had been going on for the best part of two hours.
The breakfast the following morning was one of rubber bacon and even more rubbery scrambled eggs... most likely laid by rubber chickens.
The revellers were also there in abundance looking completely at home shouting across the restaurant to each other.
The second night was better... must have been a better class of wedding!
The bedrooms were badly lit, bathrooms even worse. One small window - we did manage to avoid the rooms at the back overlooking the service area, but in hindsight maybe we'd have been better off there!
The bed was just a standard double - they do try and punt upgrades to you when you arrive though.
We won't be going back to any De Vere hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refreshed, Refined, Ready and Waiting.There's nowhere quite like it in Cheshire. The NEW Mottram takes its rightful place as Cheshire's finest golf and leisure resort. Play Championship standard golf all year round and relax in the brand new Claret Jug Clubhouse. Chill-out or work-out in the new state-of-the-art Mottram Hall Club & Spa. Dine on amazing local delicacies and reinventions of fine dining classics courtesy of new Executive Chef Ross Bootland. Finally retire blissfully to the beautifully appointed new style rooms and experience a new level of upgrades with a Chambre Unique bedroom. NEW is very much the order of the day. When it comes to dining, golf or relaxation, you should try something new too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Mottram Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel Mottram St. Andrew
- De Vere Collection
- Mottram Hall Mottram St. Andrew, Cheshire