We returned to Mottram having stayed prior to the refurb completion in 2012. We were warmly greeted by Abby on reception, she was very helpful throughout our stay. We had a snack in the cocktail bar on our first night and we were looked after by Phil who was very charmimg and pleasant.
We had a meal in the Carrington on our second evening, sorry Mottram but you still have not got the dining experience right, we were not overly impressed with either the a la carte or set menu, we felt both were expensive and could not understand the marriage of some of the dishes.....belly pork and crab??? but Marie was extremely helpful and apologetic. The breakfast is average, although good choice the food is at best luke warm!
We had dealt with Simon, as 20 ladies will be visiting Mottram next February and he has been extremely efficient and was able to organise an extra night for us in an upgraded room, thank you, our one night became three nights away.
The spa complex has to be experienced, absolutely fantastic, the outdoor jacuzzi is a must and the facilities on offer are excellent, the leisure staff we met were very helpful, looking forward to some treatments when I return in 2014!!
We did speak to Matt the resident manager and he explained that they were aware of certain issues........please please get the food in the Carrington sorted as to us it continues to let the hotel down, which is such a shame because your staff work very hard to ensure guests are made to feel welcome. Whilst we were there there were large groups staying on expenses so perhaps as they are not paying they don't complain, after all it is not their money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refreshed, Refined, Ready and Waiting.There's nowhere quite like it in Cheshire. The NEW Mottram takes its rightful place as Cheshire's finest golf and leisure resort. Play Championship standard golf all year round and relax in the brand new Claret Jug Clubhouse. Chill-out or work-out in the new state-of-the-art Mottram Hall Club & Spa. Dine on amazing local delicacies and reinventions of fine dining classics courtesy of new Executive Chef Ross Bootland. Finally retire blissfully to the beautifully appointed new style rooms and experience a new level of upgrades with a Chambre Unique bedroom. NEW is very much the order of the day. When it comes to dining, golf or relaxation, you should try something new too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mottram Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel Mottram St. Andrew
- De Vere Collection
- Mottram Hall Mottram St. Andrew, Cheshire