Mottram Hall
Alderley Edge Hotel(Alderley Edge)
$101
$97
Travelocity
The Bridge Hotel(Prestbury)(Great Value!)
$82
Legh Arms(Prestbury)
$89
$67
Deanwater Hotel(Stockport)
$107
The Wilmslow Lodge(Wilmslow)(Great Value!)
$75
Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
$72
$84
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
1,746 results
All reviewsgolf courseclaret jugcocktail barspa facilitiesoutdoor jacuzziq hotelsspa breakgolf clubafternoon teaevening meallight lunchgarden roomwedding partylovely spamain restaurantsteam roomset menu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 8, 2013

we stayed for one night bed, breakfast and evening meal, added to this was 2 rounds of golf on their championship course.
the accommodation was good, evening meal was very good, service from the waiting staff was considerate and friendly, same as the rest of the hotel staff, you were made to feel welcome.
The golf course itself was in excellent condition, initial thoughts on the Friday afternoon was that we were going to be in for a 5 hour round but speed of play picked up on the second nine and was ok, course itself is testing and interesting, if you're an average golfer be prepared to loose a few balls, and take plenty with you, the pro shop is well stocked but as with most resort facilities prices are expensive.
but all this for £120 we considered we had a bargain and will look to book again next year, hopefully De Vere will be running similar offers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear swo781g,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your visit to us; the course can be very challenging but enjoyable.

I am delighted to hear that we will be welcoming you back again next year. We look forward to seeing you then. For the best prices, please do not hesitate to contact dmh.sales@devere-hotels.com who will be happy to quote you.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My son and his lovely bride held their afternoon and evening wedding reception here 30/8/13. It was exceptional. The whole event ran smoothly from start to finish. The guests all received a warm welcome, we were offered immediate assistance with our cases in the car park we were welcomed at the door and directed by warm friendly helpful staff. The champagne reception was excellent whilst the bride and groom were having their photos taken. The toastmaster Peter was lovely, very professional, took the time to know who was who so he could address us all personally for photos and indeed the whole proceedings. The food and wine selection was exactly as chosen , the food was hot when delivered to all tables, it was well presented and perfectly cooked. Special attention had been adhered to for children and vegetarians. The whole day ran smoothly aided again by Peter the toastmaster. The evening reception, disco and barbecue buffet were fabulous. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone. Many of the guests stayed over for one or 2 nights. As parents of the groom our room was fabulous, clean and comfortable for the small amount of time we spent in there. Some of the guests were a little less happy about their rooms which was disappointing but does not reflect our overall view of the event and facilities in general. Breakfast time was extremely busy with a large queue forming as we were leaving but overall It was a wonderful couple of days enjoyed by everyone who attended we couldn't have asked for anything more.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue S

Dear Sue S,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to tripadvisor about your recent visit.

I am delighted to hear that your Son and his new wife enjoyed their special day with us and that the wedding party did as well. Our team put their upmost effort into ensuring that the wedding’s we host run smoothly and effortlessly. It is nice to hear that the team have ensured that this was the case.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please pass on my congratulations to your Son and Daughter in Law.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I arrived at Mottram Hall after a 3.5 hour drive, and was keen to relax. Upon check in, everything was great - helpful staff, no issues. I popped to the gym (which is fantastic) and then went back to my room to have a shower and some food. It was not about 8.30pm so I was tired and hungry, and had some work to do for a big meeting the following day. Once back in my room I realised the door did not lock. The actual metal inner was bent back. I called down to reception, and someone came up to have a look. 15 mins later he was back with a screw to try and fix the problem. All the while I am soaking wet from using the gym, and getting hungrier! After trying to fix the door, he actually made things worse (not his fault) and the door would not even close. By this point I was desperate to get in the shower but had to wait for reception to move me. After another 15 mins and a phonce call down to reception to chase, I was advised someone would be up with a complementary drink and to help me move rooms. At this point I would like to note that I specifically requested a "quiet" room when booking.. I was moved a few doors down and the room looked out onto the kitchen extractor fan. I went down ro reception and asked for a quiet room as per my booking, as was assured the next room I was moving to was very quiet.By now it was 9.30pm, so I was fed up and just wanted to shower and order room service. This arrived promptly, and was very tasty, but the caesar salad was missing the soft boiled eggs it advertised. So, showered, fed and in bed - this is when the noise began. Firstly, my window would not close properly. Secondly - I was RIGHT ABOVE THE SERVICE ENTRANCE!!!!!! How this can be classed as quiet is beyond me. So by about midnight the door slamming, staff chatting and cars leaving finished. On a plus, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Happily snoozing away until 5.50am when the staff started arriving back to work, doors slamming, cars and chatting again. Then from 6.15am onwards the delivery vans began reversing up and unloading. (see my video). Then, to top this off, some workmen began ANGLE GRINDING AT 6.50AM!!!!!! I am sorry but this is totally unaceeptable in my opinion. I also never received my morning paper.
What should have been a relaxing night away to unwind and prepare for a big meeting left me feeling tired, stressed and dreading my meeting and my long drive home.
The staff on check out were incredibly helpful and understanding, but this really is not what I expect from a hotel of this standard, and will most definately not be returning.

Room Tip: Ask to be nowhere near the service entrance.....
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Poopypoo

Dear Poopypoo,

Please allow me to first express my sincere apologies for the issues that occurred during your recent stay with us.

There have clearly been some aspects of your stay that were certainly not the standard to which the hotel usually operates. I would be grateful if you would contact us to discuss this in more detail. If you could please contact our Front of House Manager on Samantha.surridge@devere-hotels.com she will be happy to discuss this with you.

It is only through constructive comments that we can continue to challenge and improve the service and product of the Hotel. Your help in this will be much appreciated.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

After booking our stay a while ago, we were very disheartened to read Mr_thompson100's review which put a doubt in our minds about our upcoming stay. However, we can gladly report that our stay was fantastic, we were greeted with smiling faces, both at reception and when using the spa facilities. We had dinner reservations for 8pm and we were promptly shown to our table. There was a huge wine selection (personally, my favourite was the argento Malbec) along with a good food menu. My partner and I both chose the sirloin which was cooked to perfection with barely any fat on it and we are very particular about our steak. All in all the service, menu and food were fantastic and we would like to personally thank Kim and her staff in the Carrington Grill and all of the spa and bar staff for their outstanding and friendly service. We would recommend this resort to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just home from another amazing stay at Mottram Hall. Used the conferencing facilities in the new hub (team meeting/ building event)

Conferencing team
Having used Mottram several times before i have to say the new conference hub is fabulous and has a everything you can want or need for a business meeting. On this occasion it was a small event of just 6 of us, the room we had for the 2 days was ample and the staff are very attentive, although not intrusive. They were friendly, professional and nothing was too much trouble. The hub is centred around a shared breakout area and whilst there was a number of other larger groups present in other meeting rooms we never found it busy or difficult to get a coffee, cold drink or a sugar fix (muffins, biscuits or sweets available)!

Rooms
I stayed in the spencer suite and have to say it was amazingly luxurious, with beautiful views over the main reception. All of our party had fabulous rooms and loved the Starbucks coffee machines and Espa mini products available in rooms. These little touches make all the difference when you're away from home.

Restaurant.
We had breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Carrington Grill, the quality, choice and service was second to none. Both breakfast and lunch were buffet style however, staff were attentive for drinks and clearing tables during visits. our evening meal was by far the best experience, the staff were very friendly, patient ( we had a couple of fussy eaters) and informative about the dishes and once again couldn't do enough for us.

I have to say a massive thanks to Emma Murray and Keith Shufflebottom for all your help in organising the event and Sam in the hub. From my first contact in organising I was made to feel like an individual, through to Sams assistance on the day despite having others large groups to look after we never once felt neglected.

Spa
I didn't get the opportunity to use it on this occasion however, it is stunning. The facilities and treatments on offer are excellent. I'm planning to come back for a Spa day/ overnight in October with family, can't wait to book in!

Amazing hotel, amazing staff, fabulous location and grounds, cannot recommend it highly enough.

Looking forward to my next visit :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Didge119,

Thank you for all of your kind comments on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with all of the aspects of Mottram Hall during your recent visit to us. Our team prides themselves in being as helpful as possible. It is wonderful to hear that they were all able to help you in anyway possible.

I will most certainly ensure that Emma, Kevin and Sam are aware of your comments about them. I am sure they will be pleased to hear that they were as helpful as possible for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.