Having read the reviews on here I was a bit unsure about what we would find. Just an over night stay, so we thought it would be OK.
On arrival we were greeted at the door and shown through to reception. Checkin with David was all good and informative and we were shown to our room by a nice friendly chap.
The team on the Cocktail bar Libby, Mel & Peter were fantastic very friendly nothing was too much trouble and this was consistent throughout the day, no matter how busy it was.
The refurbishment is fabulous the hotel looks fantastic. Rooms very nice, comfy beds, everything you need. Great salon style hair dryer which is important for us ladies & room Iron. One of the best power showers, which certainly woke me up this morning. Enough toiletries and plenty of tea & coffee etc. All Good - the only down side for me was the room was too hot but otherwise great.
Tried the Claret Jug for a couple for drinks - the drink my friend ordered was off, we spoke to the staff who were really good they changed it immediately, without the usual amount of 'it seems ok to me' arguments you might get in some bars. Again all the staff at this Bar were really attentive, professional, friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
In the evening we had dinner in the Carrington restaurant - great food and we were looked after by Annie who was simply lovely and made sure we had everything we needed.
A really nice experience until 5am when we were woken by some inconsiderate drunken idiot hammering on our door, with a force that sounded like he was going to come through it. Screaming and shouting running up and down the corridor. He was supposed to be in the room next door, this went on for about 30mins. The Hotel sent staff up to deal with it and they did a really good job under the circumstances. But it spoilt the night we were there to relax and chill out after an illness - so broken sleep wasn't great it was annoying. Not really the hotels fault but I did complain to Chloe on reception and I have to say this was handled really well by her.
Overall a really nice stay. I thought the staff were genuinely friendly & very professional. I had noticed earlier comments to say the staff weren't very good but I couldn't disagree more on my experience.
Thank you :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refreshed, Refined, Ready and Waiting.There's nowhere quite like it in Cheshire. The NEW Mottram takes its rightful place as Cheshire's finest golf and leisure resort. Play Championship standard golf all year round and relax in the brand new Claret Jug Clubhouse. Chill-out or work-out in the new state-of-the-art Mottram Hall Club & Spa. Dine on amazing local delicacies and reinventions of fine dining classics courtesy of new Executive Chef Ross Bootland. Finally retire blissfully to the beautifully appointed new style rooms and experience a new level of upgrades with a Chambre Unique bedroom. NEW is very much the order of the day. When it comes to dining, golf or relaxation, you should try something new too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Mottram Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel Mottram St. Andrew
- De Vere Collection
- Mottram Hall Mottram St. Andrew, Cheshire