“A nice Girlie Break”

Mottram Hall
Bramhall, United Kingdom
“A nice Girlie Break”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Having read the reviews on here I was a bit unsure about what we would find. Just an over night stay, so we thought it would be OK.

On arrival we were greeted at the door and shown through to reception. Checkin with David was all good and informative and we were shown to our room by a nice friendly chap.

The team on the Cocktail bar Libby, Mel & Peter were fantastic very friendly nothing was too much trouble and this was consistent throughout the day, no matter how busy it was.

The refurbishment is fabulous the hotel looks fantastic. Rooms very nice, comfy beds, everything you need. Great salon style hair dryer which is important for us ladies & room Iron. One of the best power showers, which certainly woke me up this morning. Enough toiletries and plenty of tea & coffee etc. All Good - the only down side for me was the room was too hot but otherwise great.

Tried the Claret Jug for a couple for drinks - the drink my friend ordered was off, we spoke to the staff who were really good they changed it immediately, without the usual amount of 'it seems ok to me' arguments you might get in some bars. Again all the staff at this Bar were really attentive, professional, friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

In the evening we had dinner in the Carrington restaurant - great food and we were looked after by Annie who was simply lovely and made sure we had everything we needed.

A really nice experience until 5am when we were woken by some inconsiderate drunken idiot hammering on our door, with a force that sounded like he was going to come through it. Screaming and shouting running up and down the corridor. He was supposed to be in the room next door, this went on for about 30mins. The Hotel sent staff up to deal with it and they did a really good job under the circumstances. But it spoilt the night we were there to relax and chill out after an illness - so broken sleep wasn't great it was annoying. Not really the hotels fault but I did complain to Chloe on reception and I have to say this was handled really well by her.

Overall a really nice stay. I thought the staff were genuinely friendly & very professional. I had noticed earlier comments to say the staff weren't very good but I couldn't disagree more on my experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Lisa_B556,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments regarding your recent visit and particularly our staff at Mottram Hall. I will certainly ensure that all staff mentioned will be made aware of your comments.
I do apologise about your 5am experience, any situations that do arise of this nature we do try to handle in a professional and courteous way so I am glad to hear that you thought that this situation was handled well.
I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Mottram Hall in the future.

James Stewart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Knutsford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I received a free day pass to try the new spa facilities.which online look amazing ! In fact having been to the spa in the past, a lot of the refurbishment was indeed badly needed. They have done a lovely job fitting high end fixtures and fittings in the foyer and changing areas, however what a shame they didnt update the very small pool which still looks tired and slightly grubby? the new outdoor spa experiences were ok, not as luxurious as the photos depict. The surprising thing was there was no drinking water supply in the pool/sauna area and sadly nowhere to get a relaxing drink or refreshments after or during the visit?????The staff were presentable and pleasant but I wont be changing to Mottram hall,feeling happier staying at my friendly ,accommodating spa where I can get a complimentary drink and fruit on request and actually feel at home in .

Room Tip: Sorry I didnt stay over at the hotel so cant comment
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elaine P
Dear Elaine P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about Mottram Hall on Tripadvisor.

I do apologise that you were not completely impressed with your recent visit to the spa. We are proud of our recent refurbishment in our spa and leisure club, but it is certainly good for us to know our guests views on what you would think would make more improvements.

With regards to the refreshments, the leisure club does offer Complimentary Orange Juice, water and complimentary apples. We also have a water fountain in between the indoor and outdoor facility so I do apologise if this wasn’t noticeable to you. I will ensure that the team are aware to make this apparent to all of our guests in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The rooms were beautifully decorated and lovely and fresh and clean. Lots of lovely little touches with books and magazines on the local area. The beds were very comfortable and there was plenty of space in the room for suitcases and cat swinging.

We had the spa to ourselves and it was beautifully clean and welcoming. The pool and Jacuzzi were very decadent.

We stayed at Mottram Hall during the terrible snow and so the hotel and restaurant were full, however this didn't stop some of the staff being wonderful and productive and other staff being rather slow and hopeless. Four of us attempted to eat dinner at the hotel restaurant and despite making reservations, were left waiting and then poorly seated in some form of no man's land that resulted in waiting another hour for orders to be taken and food served. When it arrived it was either wrong or cold. The waitress we finally managed to snare brought the manager over and both were very apologetic and helpful. The restaurant is reasonably expensive for what is on offer and when I'm paying over a fiver for 6 chips to accompany my almost twenty quid burger I would expect them to be warm and not served 30 minutes after the rest of meal has already been delivered. I understand the restaurant was newly opened and so this may be teething problems. As I said the staff, when made aware of the issues, were very sympathetic and helpful.

On our second night we had the misfortune of some rather noisy neighbours who despite numerous requests to respect the other guests' right to sleep, took to loudly racially abusing the night manager who had come up to deal with them. As I said to the duty manager in the morning - the night manager deserved a medal as he remained polite and courteous throughout the entire episode which considering what he faced must have been no small challenge. Its a shame you can't vet your guests

Breakfast was a great buffet affair, with plenty of choice that was refreshed on a regular basis. Lots of good healthy options and even more not as healthy but delicious Full English options.

That being said, I would return to Mottram Hall as it was a beautiful hotel, in a fabulous setting. I would thoroughly recommend the spa and would loved to have explored the beautiful grounds, but just couldn't face trekking through the snow.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear NatBr0wn,

Thank you for taking the time to add your review onto to Tripadvisor.

Whilst I am delighted that you will still consider returning to us in the future, please allow me to express my sincere apologies that you were disrupted during your visit. Our staff try to handle any situations that occur and in calm and respectful manner, so thank you for your feedback on our Night Manager and the way he handled the situation. We will ensure that he is informed of this.

With regards to the restaurant, I would like to make you aware that we have now employed a New Restaurant Manager who has made significant changes to the way the restaurant operates, so please can I assure you that instances such as the one you have mentioned are no longer an occurance.

Should you wish to discuss your stay in further detail, please contact our guest relations on Tom.Starey@devere-hotels.com

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

cheshire england
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed at the mottram hall on sat 28th april on a return visit after staying there last summer whilst the hotel was undergoing a re-furbishment. I must say what a fantastic job they have made of it. The decor in the rooms is fantastic and one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. Spa facilities are fabulous and hotel is in a picturesque location with wonderful staff who go out of their way to be friendly. Highly recommend this hotel, can't wait to return. Well done Devere!

Room Tip: The redmond suite - fantastic!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Marg67_11,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay on the 28th of April at the all new 'Mottram Hall’.

It is a delight to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that you approve of the recent refurbishment, it’s an honour to know that you feel that this is one of the nicest hotels which you have ever stayed in,

I cannot wait to welcome you back to Mottram Hall within the near future,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

An excellent hotel newly refurbished recently
Every taste caterered for
There is something to do for every member of a family. I would not hesitate to recommend it. The Staff were all very helpful and efficient.
It is always a pleasure to stay there.

Room Tip: Ground floor overlooking the terrace
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Janice O,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the all new 'Mottram Hall’.

I cannot wait to welcome you back to Mottram Hall within the near future,

Maidwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My wife and I booked two rooms at Mottram Hall on a special offer from De Vere following a refurbishment of the hotel and recent reopening. We were accompanied by her parents who are both in their mid 80s. Mottram Hall enjoys a magnificent park setting in a quiet part of Cheshire easily accessible from the M6 motorway. The reception areas of the hotel are impressive and the bar and lounge areas comfortable. The service throughout our stay was exceptional with the staff very willing to help and please. The adjacent championship golf course (attractive but not too testing) and the new and very impressive spa/pool/gym complex were all available to hotel residents. Food in the Carrington Grill was good but although the service was very good it was a little slow at times for elderly diners. Bar facilities were first rate with a good selection of Cuban cigars which could be enjoyed in the terrace/garden areas. The rooms were well equipped if a little small but our 'special offer price' meant that we were allocated the standard rooms. Free WiFi available throughout the complex. All in all very good value and a very comfortable base to explore the Cheshire countryside.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Andrew O,

It is a delight to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that you approve of the recent refurbishment. I am very happy to hear that you made full use of all our facilities including our new very impressive Health Club and Spa; thank you for your comments regarding your dinner within the Carrington Grill I will ensure that this feedback is passed onto the team.

Thank you once again for your kind and valuable feedback, I really hope to welcome you back to Mottram Hall within the near future,

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Golf break in a large group. Great dinner at The Claret Jug and average breakfast as part of package. Golf course was in good condition, but not memorable or challenging. Decent halfway house. Unhelpful hotel reception staff were sure our room would not be available until 3.30 without willing to check with housekeeping. My 12 year old son was asked to leave pool at 8.50 am as adult time only ended at 9 am. The spa manager felt comfortable behind the rules, without applying discretion that it was only 10 minutes and there were no other adults in the pool. Will therefore not recommend for families.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DocP251
Dear DocP251,

I sincerely apologise that your stay has not meet or exceeded your expectations on this occasion. There are clearly some issues which need addressing with regards to your recent stay with us.

We would really like to talk to you regarding your stay with us and request that you contact Thomas Starey within Guest Relations; you can email him through tom.starey@devere-hotels.com,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mottram St. Andrew
#1 of 2 in Alderley Edge
Kingsley Lodge
Kingsley Lodge
#1 of 5 in Wilmslow

Been to Mottram Hall? Share your experiences!