“What a lovely local restaurant”
Review of Osteria Mauro - CLOSED

Osteria Mauro
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Osteria Mauro is a rustic Italian family restaurant serving modern Italian cuisine in a fabulous country setting.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Visted last week - the usual excellent high standard. It was a last minute decision to go out on a Monday night. The Car Park was heaving, oh we thought, the restaurant must be full, to our delight it wasnt, there was a private party upstairs. The party didnt interfer with us or with the kitchen. The food was as good as ever - gosh I love the Veal Milanase! This is now becoming a firm favourite. EXCELLENT

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great food, great service, great price. What more can you ask for...oh and great atmosphere! I cannot wait to go back and play on your retro games machine!

1  Thank Charlo765
Reviewed November 7, 2012

What a gem! We went for a last minute dinner and were so pleasantly surprised. Food was excellent we had calamari followed by the chateaubriand. All was cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. The staff were welcoming and the service was impeccable. We will definitely return.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have regularly dined here over the past year, organised big family and staff parties too. Nothing is too much trouble for them to arrange. They regularly host theme days including a Formula 1 day when the Italian Gran Prix is held. The food is excellent value for money and there is an excellent wine list. You can just call in for a drink if you like, but I bet you can't resist eating!
I thoroughly recommend dining here.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Fantastico! Peter, thank you for making us so welcome and for the wonderful attention and food offered. My Mother and I both ordered Veal Milanase which was cooked to perfection. The zucchini frites were out of this world. The desserts were to die for. This is a delightful, local restaurant which never fails to wow. We have been going to Mauro's restaurants for many years, having eaten in Bollington all those years ago and Stock last week, we are now becoming firm regulars. Mum will be visiting on Saturday with her two grandsons for lunch so the kitchen had better watch out! Thank you once again for a delightful evening and looking forward to sharing more with you when I visit Cheshire again.