One of the many highlights of our trip to Thailand was a wonderful lunch at this absolutely stunning resort situated along a beautiful river. It was a buffet with a terrific selection of Thai foods that were all delicious. But sitting there looking out over fields, gardens and the river was just so incredibly breathtaking and peaceful. Could only think that this would be a wonderful place to stay for several days, but we were a long way from where we staying in Chiang Mai. Matching the terrific lunch experience was a long boat trip taken from a pier at this resort. We were the only boat on the river and it was the best boat trip we took in Thailand and probably in any of the other countries we have spent time in. The boat was carefully steered through many twists and obstacles through beautiful farmlands. Definitely a piece of paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is idyllically located on the banks of the Mae Kok River with sweeping views across the valley to the distance forested mountains. The peaceful, rural setting makes an ideal getaway for those wanting to escape the usual city tourist traps. The rooms are beautifully designed and the views from almost every part of the resort are stunning. There are numerous activities, tours and treks, which makes this a perfect location to explore the north. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Maekok River Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maekok River Village Hotel Mae Ai
- Hotel Maekok River Village
- Maekok River Village Resort Thaton, Thailand - Chiang Mai Province