“Nice Place”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ozamiz City
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Nice Place”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

To be honest, I like this Hotel very much, in fact I will most certainly come back to visit. I had a good and relaxing stay at the Royal In less than five minutes after check-in I was on my way to my room. staff, food and sphere was totally right. The Hotel was clean and nice, with a big room. nice TV, Very professional & friendly people. The staff was without exception extremely friendly and helpful. WiFi was okay! It was only there for a two days, and it was everything I wanted. It was quiet, not many rooms, romantic and calm. Excellent service. I know this Hotel is probably better than most. This was my second trip to the Philippines. I would recommend this place and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Vincent P
RGH Team L, Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Mr. Vincent,

Thank you for making the Royal Garden Hotel your hotel of choice when visiting Ozamiz.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and in particular, the excellent service rendered by our dedicated staff. It is always a pleasure to hear from guests whose expectations are met on each of their stays and we would like to assure you that your positive feedback will be certainly shared amongst our team.

We look forward to welcoming you once more in our hotel and thank you once again for your kind comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hastings
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Second visit at this hotel - reputably the best here in Ozamis. Staff are hospitable however woman at reception certainly needs to learn to smile & greet staff - who booked us in, we felt distinctly unwelcome.

Rooms lack some necessities - A kettle would be nice & the provision of coffee & tea sachets useful so that we could at least enjoy a cuppa. I guess it is their way of extracting additional money, in fact later I found that they had put in a coffee lounge in reception area. Only one toilet roll provided & we had to ask twice to get a replacement !!

The hotel seems to have had a make over & definitely an improvement on last time, however not of the standard you might expect in larger cities.
The hotel now has a Restaurant called Hukad which serves great food at a very reasonable price & great service. This time around I give Royal Garden Hotel a 7.0

Free WIFI available.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kalboHastings
Clarin, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here twice in 1 week in May 2013. We occupied the imperial suite at 3995 peso a night. The suite was spacious and had a large living room with TV. The bedroom was separated by a sliding door and was large enough.

We left the aircon in the living room on overnight to be surprised with a large quantity of leaking water in the morning.

We were shocked when moving the rug in the living room to do some exercises to find 5 years worth of dust and dirt falling out of the rug which had obviously never been vacuumed or washed since it was installed in the room.

Generally the room is okay :) but the cleanliness and attention to detail is obviously lacking ..

Room Tip: get a room not facing the front
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Juurii R
Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Royal Garden Hotel is very clean and offered free Wi-fi, cable TV on an LCD TV and working elevator. I point these amenities out because a colleague mentioned that he had tried other hotels in the area and those were not able to provide these.

My stay was rather pleasant save for the following:

(1) I tried reserving online but the front desk would only reply to me 8pm or later. This made for an email conversation that was one email a day from both ends spanning 7 days. I just called them on the 7th day.

(2) Ads for the hotel, as well as the website, boasted free daily breakfast but there was none.

(3) Upon checking in, my room's air conditioner was making a terrible noise. I asked them to fix it then left for work. When I came back later, the same sound was being made by the air conditioner and when I asked the front desk to fix it, they sent up a bellboy who just fiddled with the remote and set the fan to low. I asked to have a room change but they were fully booked.
As I was staying only one night, I didn't make a fuss. The sound was easily overpowered by the TV or my iPod anyway.

All in all a decent hotel and apparently "the best in Ozamis". Then again, it's not that hard to be better than a hotel with termites and no elevator.

Room Tip: Most of the single occupancy rooms have not yet been renovated, ask for the double or suite.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Patag A
Newport Beach
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ozamiz City is a small southern Philippine town that has seen significant development in the past years. There's still no taxicabs. Public transportation is by motorcycle or pedicabs. Royal Gardens Hotel is one of the two best hotels in Ozamiz City. It has very good value - nice clean hotel, with very courteous and accommodating staff. It's very conveniently located in the city center and very thing is practically within walking distance. The hotel has no pool, or much of any view, but more than make up for the very reasonable price which is almost 1/2 that of the other equivalent hotel in the area. Best place for business traveller, or someone who plan to be out meeting people or sightseeing. The room is tastefully designed, adequately sized, relatively comfortable and clean, with flat screen LED TV. The standard single is too small for me and has no windows so I stayed in s standard double. I would rate the it better than many 31/2 - 4 star hotels in in center of Paris.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms facing the street, specially on the lower floors as it it very noisy due to mot...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank RandyLee
Voorburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just using the reviews of others, I decided to try this hotel in the centre of Ozamiz city. I was well surprised by the clean and modern lobby, check in went well and when I entered my corner room on the 3rd floor a good feeling took over. The room is not that big, but big enough for a comfortable stay. Free wifi, LCD TV, modern furniture, comfortable bed and small but adequate bathroom make a stay in this hotel very pleasant. The hotel does not offer breakfast, however a coffee or tea and cakes are available in the lobby area. Not far from the hotel are several restaurants, obviously this is not an international town, but ok, one will find enough choice in the immediate area to fill up again. Staff are very friendly and helpful, hotel is well maintained and clean. I would definitely stay here again if ever I get here in Ozamiz again.

Room Tip: I always want a room with a view. Typically filipino hotels often offer rooms without a window. So d...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert V
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed at the Royal Garden Hotel twice and both times I was very pleased with both the staff and with my room. For the price I was pleased with my room and will be happy to go there on my next stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
#1 of 14 in Ozamiz City
GV Hotel Pagadian City
GV Hotel Pagadian City
#1 of 12 in Pagadian City

Been to Royal Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!