“Good Cider and Great Lunch at La Pommeraie”

Merridale Gastropub
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Cobble Hill
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Merridale is a delicious destination in Cowichan —an apple orchard, craft cider house, small batch distillery, and wedding and event venue. Our authentic Vancouver Island restaurant combines cider and spirit pairings with a farm to table inspired menu, and our artisan bakery crafts fresh baked goods made with our cider leaven in brick ovens. Savour house-made delicacies such as sausages, cured meats, salad dressings, breads, and pies - then pick some up at the farmhouse store to take home! Enjoy a true island experience from your table on the covered deck overlooking the orchard and fresh herb and vegetable garden. Or join us for one of our special dinners – pizza nights with live music, mystery spirit cask dinners, and so much more.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Really enjoy coming to this place for lunch. Wood burner pizza is delicious as is the dessert (especially apple pie). I like the selection of cider and brandy, particularly the traditional and cyser.

2  Thank andyfromcanada

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We often go here for lunch especially if we have guests as it is a unique place to visit. If you like cider it is heaven. Also you can then wander around the extensive orchards and they now have yurts that you can stay in. If you visit in Spring it is stunning when the blossoms are out. The lunch menu is quite limited but I can always find something I like.

1  Thank yellow666
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Blossom time at Merridale is my favorite time to visit the Bistro! The peaceful, sunny dining room overlooks the orchard which is a lovely picture this time of the year. On a sunny day the bees work the bloosoms and evoke childhood memories of my father's fruit orchard.
The food is always spectacular, my favorite is the lamb burger, what could be better for a spring time lunch?
A glass of Traditional Cider completes the experience for me, but there are many options to choose from, my friend favours Cyser which is sweeter, with a hint of honey.

2  Thank mvanderburgh
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Best Cider I have ever had!!! I still have family bring it over when they visit and would purchase a case of Merri Berri at the drop of a hat. Plus it is a beuatiful place to walk around and see the cidery with their self guided tour.

3  Thank CJPixiePoodle
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This restaurant is small but very pleasant. Great food well served.
They have a range of ciders, I chose a pleasant scrumpy.
They also sell bottled produce. We loved the onion marmalade

3  Thank Gordon A