“Interesting flavors”

Merridale Eatery
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Cobble Hill
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Merridale is a delicious destination in Cowichan —an apple orchard, craft cider house, small batch distillery, and wedding and event venue. Our authentic Vancouver Island restaurant combines cider and spirit pairings with a farm to table inspired menu, and our artisan bakery crafts fresh baked goods made with our cider leaven in brick ovens. Savour house-made delicacies such as sausages, cured meats, salad dressings, breads, and pies - then pick some up at the farm store to take home! Enjoy a true island experience from your table on the covered deck overlooking the orchard and fresh herb and vegetable garden. Or join us for one of our special dinners – pizza nights with live music, mystery spirit cask dinners, and so much more.
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I like the merridale cidar but there was not much choice that met my pallet. Just not that great in my books. Not very memorable considering the drive there.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

one of the BEST pizzas I have ever had, the crispy crust and the fresh cheese from the brick oven ,oh my goodness ,can't wait to go back for more. the service staff are delightful. Took a stroll aroung the grounds before we left what a fabulous way to end a evening

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This unique restaurant in a remote area of Cobble Hill offers wonderful food and good service. The menu is varied with something for everyone. Visit their outdoor kitchen and smoke oven to see how it is all done. The items in their bakery are all baked on site and are great to take home.

There is also a spa and spectacular area for weddings and family gatherings. The tour of the Ciderworks is worth the experience.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Though the menu is limited what is offered is always excellent quality! I love to have lunch there with my friends and regularly recommend it to tourists. The brick oven pizza and apple pie are very good!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Our reservations were at 1 pm. And it being Father's Day it was busy. We received our drinks right away and our waitress took our order shortly after. She didn't have much knowledge of the menu or the ciders and alot of the food on the menu was unavailable. We ended out waiting an hour and 20 minutes for our food. We were told by our waitress that she didn't really know why they were so behind - she thought maybe because it was so busy. My daughter and I ordered the salad, one of with chicken and one with salmon. The salad pieces where enormous and I had the heart of the lettuce in mine. They also forgot to put salad dressing on both of the salads - we had to ask for some and wait for this as well. So we definitely were not impressed. My husband's hamburger was a 5 out of 10 - nothing great. But my son said he enjoyed his meal - he had the Pulled Pork Pastie. Overall we were not impressed with the wait and 3 out of the 4 of us were not satisfied with the meal. Chances are we will not be visiting the restaurant or cidery again.

1  Thank Shelley K