Ambraden Pond
$164
$132
$92
Thunderbird Motor Inn(Duncan)(Great Value!)
$68
Falcon Nest Motel(Duncan)(Great Value!)
$61
Villa Eyrie Resort(Malahat)(Great Value!)
$128
$125
Travelocity
$126
Travelocity
The Cedarwood Inn and Suites(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$110
The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$158
$147
The Sidney Pier
  • Restaurant
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$98
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsb bsmy husband and ibreakfast was deliciousvancouver islandglass of winecowichan valleywonderful hostsat homeamazing experiencelarge bathroomcomfy bedlaid backother guestsjoanluludogproperty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2011

My husband and I recently spent a weekend at Brentwood for our daughter's regatta. After combing through many online sites to find a place to stay we saw Ambraden Pond B&B. Their website is true to its word. Chris and Joan's B&B is so well run and beautiful. Joan has impeccable taste and the B&B portion of the house is professionally thought out so you don't feel like you're ever intruding on their privacy or vice versa. Our room was spacious and very clean. The bed was really comfortable. We enjoyed opening the windows at night to hear the frogs croaking to lull us to sleep. Joan's breakfasts were out of this world as well. It was a welcome oasis after two days with teens and crew races. I would definitely book there again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a single night to celebrate our anniversary. This B&B was recommended by the 2nd best place to eat on Vancouver Island. Because we appreciate excellent food, we took their advice and booked our stay at Ambraden Pond.

We booked in late afternoon, played a couple of small boardgames by a wood-burning fire overlooking the pond and the golf course beyond and enjoyed a glass of Merlot. Later, we took a taxi (approximately $40 each way) to Shawnagan Lake and enjoyed an elegant a 4 course dinner at Amuse Bistro http://www.amusebistro.com/.

The B&B hosts Joan and Chris were welcoming and very friendly. The rooms are clean and spacious with feather comforters and giant soaker tubs. Joan cooked a tasty breakfast of pear pancake, juicy sausages and supplied champagne and orange juice for our breakfast. The off season rates ($150 per night) are perfectly reasonable and well worth the stay.

Two lovely places to eat and to stay in the Cowichan Valley.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2010

My new husband and I found Ambraden Pond B&B on a listing of Cowichan Valley bed and breakfasts, and were immediately taken by the photos posted online and thought we'd try it out. Am I ever glad we did! Joan and Chris were so welcoming when we arrived to check in, and we were immediately made to feel right at home. Joan in particular was so excited for us about the wedding, it was really sweet! I spent the first night before the wedding at the B&B on my own so I could relax and prepare there for our big day. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the huge soaker tub was a perfect way to unwind before the big day. In the morning Joan had cooked me an amazing breakfast, which I ate overlooking the beautiful setting - even watching fish jump in the pond! I was able to get ready for the wedding (hair, makeup and into the dress) all at the B&B, which hugely helped to cut down the stress I may have otherwise been feeling. It really helped to be preparing at a place that felt like a home away from home.

After the wedding, my husband and I came back to the B&B and were treated to a bottle of champagne left chilling for us by Joan and Chris - so thoughtful! They had also left the fireplace going for us, so we sat by the fire in the beautiful living room with our champagne and wound down after our big day. What an amazing way to spend our first evening as a married couple! In the morning, Joan had cooked us another fantastic breakfast, and we again got to sit and take in the view - this time complete with a mom and baby deer grazing on the property!

There are not enough incredible things to say about this B&B and about Joan and Chris, the owners. We would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone looking for a quiet, romantic place to spend a weekend on Vancouver Island. And we will DEFINITELY be back!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We found Ambraden Pond on a list of B&B's our friends sent in an information package about their wedding. We stayed there for one night (after the wedding) and we couldn't have asked for a better stay.

Our hostess, Joan, was so kind when I told her we'd had car trouble and wouldn't be able to check in before the wedding. She was waiting up for us after the wedding festivities were over and we drove down the long, winding gravel road to their place in the pitch black and pouring rain.

The place was perfect - gorgeously decorated, serenely located (we saw the pond and peaceful surroundings in the daylight the next morning) and our bed was nice and comfy. Unfortunately I'm allergice to feathers so the down bedding wasn't ideal, but I would just bring my own pillow the next time (which I usually do but forgot to this time) and it would be perfect. The ensuite bathroom was huge and had a nice long, deep tub and separate shower, as well as a view of the pond.

Our breakfast was delicious - Joan is an incredible cook. And we had an intimate little table by the window (overlooking the pond, of course) and a cozy crackling fire beside us. We moved to the sofa to enjoy our coffee and tea while she set the table for the next couple (the bride and groom) and we saw that she'd cooked a completely different, and equally delicious-looking, breakfast for them!

We had such a nice time; we found the whole experience to be very tranquil and peaceful, and in the morning we headed back to the location of the wedding (Merridale Cideries) for our couples massage. A perfect romantic weekend!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Just a few weeks ago, my parents and I went to Victoria for my aunt's wedding. My family is from Michigan, so it was a very long trip. We love nature but aren't all that outdoorsy. For the most part, the three of us prefer nice hotels rather than bed and breakfasts, but we were absolutely amazed when we arrived at Ambraden Pond. We had to pick our jaws up off the ground.

The house is huge, modern, immaculate, stylish, urbane, chic, brand new, and totally amazing! My parents shared a bedroom in the main house, and Joan told me that I could stay in the adjoining coach house. There were rose petals leading from the foyer, all the way up the stairs, through the living room, to the bedroom, and onto the bed!!! Apparently, there was a honeymoon couple which had just left that morning.

There's also a lake right in front of the house, filled with rainbow trout. If you feed them you can see the fish jumping out of the water! Chris a Joan even built a peer that you can fish off of. Oh and they have pet ducks!!! They are completely tame but they are free to go wherever they want. You can even just walk up to them when they're sitting by the lake and pet them. I would have gone to Victoria just for that.

Breakfast was delicious too! The first morning we had some sort of English muffin with black forest ham and a single egg on top. The second morning we had the best french toast on earth. Chris and Joan are two of the most generous, good natured, and interesting people I've had the pleasure of meeting. When my father and I forgot our jackets for the wedding, Chris drove all the way to his brother's house to bring us some that we could borrow!

The area is full of farms, and there is an enormous golf course nearby. My family isn't even all that super fond of outdoor life, and we had a wonderful time. If you are interested in golfing, fishing, camping, agrotourism, photography, whatever, I can't even begin to imagine how much fun you'll have!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family