“Really tasty food”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had a dinner at Tatobbe several times in June. Their salads were ok and their pastas were really good. My favorite was sahrami pasta which was excellent by first time and by second time I was disappointed with the same meal. They have both rosso and bianca pizzas, really delicious. The anti pasta was enough for two or three peoples. You will like the food and the service. It is a big restaurant, you might feel a little bit alone if you are the only people there.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Was looking for a restaurant to eat in Penne on a quiet Tuesday night and after walking around we came back to Tatobbe....We had the anti-pasta shared for two and it was simply great....lots of small plates with a mixture of hot and cold...be careful not to eat too much of the wonderful bread otherwise you will not manage your main course and maybe even your starter!We had a veal main which was well cooked and very tasty and a calzone which was just to much food....well almost! Nice restaurant that I would go back to without hesitation. Service polite and attentive without being obtrusive..Nice find.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great abruzzo food, 1st time in 5 years we have been coming to the area, can't believe we missed it! Food great, really clean want to go again. Best fillet in a long time. The girls were really friendly when serving.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We walked right past this on Monday when it was closed, and didn't even see it. Spotted it on Tuesday, and so glad we did.
Warning! We ordered antipasta, una per due, one for two (E15.00) and it ws enough to feed four!
Absolutely brilliant food, I can't remember how many courses, all superb.
We then had our mains arrive and could barely move, let alone eat!
Two glasses of house red (superb BTW), and we done in for the night.
Restaurant seemed new, much more modern than used to in Abruzzo but the food was very authentic.
Obligatory TV in the centre of the restaurtnat but enough nooks and crannies to be seated out of sight and earshot.
Service excellent.
Really great value for money and superb food.

1  Thank gillandderek44
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This restaurant is conveniently located in the centre of Penne and is probably one of the best among the ones I have tried there. It has a small, quiet area outdoors and a pleasantly decorated area inside, at a lower level, which is reached through stairs. I have been there already several times and each time I have been welcome with the same smiling and courteous attitude by the young lady running the restaurant and her staff. There is a small 'grotto' on one end with real stalactites and stalagmites. My favourite place is a corner to the left nicely dressed with curtains. Staff are kind and helpful. So, the atmosphere is nice. And what about food...? The first time, I tried and enjoyed their wide range of appetizers (‘antipasti’) and had to cancel the order for the main course after that, as they were plenty and I was really full! So, next time, I tried and enjoyed the main course without appetizers. This time, for a change, I ordered pizza. Their pizza has a thin crust and, although the restaurant is not a “pizzeria”, many like it. Having lived in Napoli for a few years, I would just say that it is a different pizza. The menu is very reasonably priced. For the pizza, we were charged E.10 per person, including beverages - mineral water or beer or wine. The nick name "Tatobbe" has been kept to show continuity with tradition and, in fact, attention is paid to try and prepare things the traditional way. Service time is average: if it were a little faster from the time of order to delivery to the table, that would be an added plus. Overall thumb up and I'm likely to return to Tatobbe again.

1  Thank ItaloRome