If you have plans to visit either Naples or Rome and are looking for some lazy time to spend in the countryside of Italy, I very highly recommend that you check out this place, "Italy Farm Stay". The name is a bit misleading, but in a good way. The location is on a farm, but Italian style. ...and the farm is atmosphere for you. You don't lift a finger for anything. Your job is to relax and enjoy the timelessness of the countryside and to be in awe of the Abruzzi mountains that you can see all around (Pescosolido is to the west of Abruzzo). And if you want to, you have the opportunity to learn to make pasta from scratch. Where else better to learn how to make pasta! If you are fascinated by the famous Pecorino cheese, you can visit the local shepherd and see how the cheese is made.
It is very relaxing and really amazing to wake up in the morning and to savor that beauty that is all around, to enjoy that Mediterranean sun on your skin and to breath such fresh air. You can lounge on the veranda, walk through the yard and pick fresh fruits from the orchard. And you can just chill having a family-style dinner with the other guests at the house. Yes, even a couple on vacation can enjoy such a visit to this location. There's always an option to socialize, but definitely privacy is respected as well. But for anyone that knows that they just want privacy more often than not, there is an alternative location available up the road under the same management, and that location is definitely less communal and is more private (but certainly with added cost, no doubt) with kitchen facilities to prepare your own meals instead.
I think that this is a great place to spend time enjoying nature. But since it is located in a somewhat remote location, obviously, you can not walk to a local cafe without walking about two miles, I think it was, to the town of Sora. There is a taxi service available, but you will never need it. Afterall, you are there to enjoy, so walking into town is very enjoyable and peaceful experience.
So in my opinion, this place offers an authentic taste of Italy. Yes, everyone goes to see Rome, and all the big Italian cities, but my high recommendation is to spend some time in the countryside where most people there are all Italians and hardly any tourists. I loved it! You'll even see herds of sheep crossing the road or nearby in their pasture. Tractors too. And even in the small town of Sora, fashion seems to be a high priority for the locals. Actually, when I was there, I sacrificed my time that I had to spend in Rome and spent most of it at the "Italy Farm Stay" for five days. Rome will always be there for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Real Italian agriturismo right between Rome and Naples in Abruzzi National Park. With fantastic activities to enjoy: horseback riding, cooking classes, day hike, overnight hike, visit to the cheese-making shepherd, Italian language classes, yoga. Well-served by bus and train from Rome and Naples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Italy Farm Stay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Italy Farm Stay Hotel Pescosolido
- Italy Farm Stay Pescosolido