“Maybe we have different ideas of 'luxury'”
Review of Healthfield Manor

Healthfield Manor
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Killurin
Healthfield Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Killurin
Maleny, Australia
“Maybe we have different ideas of 'luxury'”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I happened to see the review of an earlier guest and I would certainly agree with all that was mentioned, except that I don't recall any fake flowers or draughty bathroom and, as far as a paucity of 5 star luxury' goes, we couldn't have asked for more, finding comfortable bedding, warm thick blankets, soft pillows and duvets, great attention to detail by the owners and kindness shown to a weary Aussie mother and daughter who needed some time in quiet, comfortable surroundings - we found it with this home and its owners. Loreto made sure we were settled before returning with fresh juice and a tasty snack and the suggestion that we 'take it easy, rest up and sleep if you feel like it". They also recommended a local fish place as somewhere special to eat (and so it proved) and were actually considering coming out to look for us when we were late returning. This trip to Ireland dates back to 2003 as I recall but I'm certain that nothing has changed since then and that visitors are still being welcomed in this delightful place. My hsuband and I are heading back to Ireland later in the year and we hope to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009
3 Thank DOHADIVA

Couples
Solo
Business
bandon, county cork
Reviewed January 8, 2008

This accommodation is well worth a visit and must be so picturesque in summer! It is not well advertised on the web but don't let that put you off.

The owners, Mayler and Loreta are such charming people and can give you all sorts of tips about the surrounding area. This historic house was built in the 1820s and has fabulous views over the river Slaney. The bedrooms are very large and are decorated with a mix of antique and modern including fake flowers and a bit of kitsch here and there. This stay wasn't about luxury but instead about a place with character and two wonderful personalities to match! You could stay in countless hotels all over Ireland and never meet an Irish person so if you are from abroad, stay here for a truly welcoming experience.

My bathroom was across a corridor and a bit draughty. Don't stay here if you want five star luxury but if you are somebody like me who likes something a bit different, this will be a memorable experience. We had breakfast in front of a roaring fire which was such a great treat. The breakfast is wonderful - everything that you could possibly want!!

The charm of this place is that it is an historic house which oozes oldy worldy charm (aside from the plastic windows which I am not a fan of!!) with two adorable owners. The house is about 8 miles from the centre of Wexford so ideally located. If you are in this area, be sure to visit Johnstown Castle on your tour. We loved it!

• Liked — The owners
  • Disliked — Bathroom a bit dated and draughty
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank KilbroganHouse

Been to Healthfield Manor? Share your experiences!