Dunbrody Country House Hotel
Agoda.com
$142
$138
Travelocity
Waterford Marina Hotel(Waterford)(Great Value!)
$118
$192
$169
The Three Sisters Inn(Dunmore East)
$158
  • Restaurant
Granville Hotel(Waterford)
$170
$140
Dooley's Hotel Waterford(Waterford)(Great Value!)
$86
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewslocal pubtasting menukevin dundoncookery schoolfish and chipsoverlooking the gardenthe main houseupgraded to a suitecookery coursesmoked salmonuntil noonthe main dining roomhook headbar menuold houseafternoon teaa real treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited here last weekend for a special family celebration, while it was nice I had expected it to be a unique and special dining experience and unfortunately it did not live up to that expectation .
While the staff were in general pleasant , the food was good , not great .
We had travelled a couple of hours to get here but weren't really hugely impressed . Overall nice , but no wow factor here !

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Pennyle
dunbrody, General Manager at Dunbrody Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Pennyle,

Thank you for your recent review of your dining experience with us.

I appreciate your feedback and am sorry that you did not experience the "wow" factor while with us. I do appreciate your positive comments on the food and staff I would like to know what you felt was not up to your expectation.
Would it be possible for you to email me your details so I can get in touch to see where you feel we can improve? My email address is pmernagh@dunbrodyhouse.com.

Once again thank you for your review; I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Just back from this amazing hotel & I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms. This place is a must visit. We stayed in the Lodge & it's like stepping back in time to the 50's but with all the creature comforts of today. There were 25 of us in total spread out across the facility but all converged for dinner at once. The food is stunning, served promptly and is a taste sensation. Matt the barman is the most patient human I know! Well done the Dundon's!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear TurasNua,

Many thanks for your recent review of your stay with us last weekend.

I'm delighted that you had a great time with us and will pass your comments on to Matt regarding his patience!!

Hopefully we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to see us again soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

To say a big thank you to Paul, Robbie and all the staff at Dunbrody for a wonderful twenty-fours hours staying with you. All staff without exception, were so very friendly and attentive. Paul, even when I was nosey and peering into the kitchen, you very kindly invited me in, thank you. I ordered, for my main dish that night, monkfish - Robbie, it was to die for, thank you so much. I treated myself to a massage which was heavenly, from Laura. What I loved about this aspect of a treatment session, is that it is seperate from the house and nobody is walking around the house in a dressing gown - which I hate and would actually turn me off going to a place where clients go to the Spa area through the hotel/house.

Looking forward to a return visit

Yours sincerely
Anne

Room Tip: Booked into a superior room and upgraded to a junior suite, so spacious - no noise what-so-ever
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anne B

Dear Anne B,

We very much appreciated your lovely feedback regarding your stay with us last week.

Thank you very much for the positive comments; we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We visited Dunbrody for an afternoon and enjoyed a lovely lunch.
Service was excellent. Everyone went out of their way to be accommodating. The food was served in good time, was presented very well, in good portions and very tasty. And don't even talk about the deserts.
And if you have time, the grounds are just lovely and worth a look around.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Canonfan

Dear Canonfan,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

We are very pleased with your comments and thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to see us again soon and very much appreciate your custom.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I brought my wife here for a birthday present. We took advantage of the dinner, B+B package. This was excellent value. We had a great stay from start to finish. On arrival we were upgraded in our room. The room was beautiful and was true in maintain the character of such a country house.

We went for a drink before dinner and took our time examining the menus prior to going to our table. The food was excellent. The service was friendly and good. The dining room was full and this led to a very good atmosphere.

Breakfast again the next morning was excellent, we both went for the full Irish breakfast.

Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tosh12345

Dear Tosh12345,

Many thanks for the recent review of your stay here for your wife's birthday.

We appreciate the lovely comments and look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon!

Best Regards,