“Great Value!”

Weirs Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Weirs Bar & Restaurant, Multyfarnham, in County Westmeath is a charming old world, Award winning family run pub that serves some of the best food and drink in Ireland. Our specials for the day will represent fresh seasonal specialities that are available to us at any time. All our food is homemade, using as much local and organic produce as possible. We also have available speciality coffees and a full range of liqueurs. Weirs is famous for its bar and food, served in a relaxed, family friendly atmosphere. Our food is homemade on the premises, from our soups and sauces right through to our delicious desserts. Weirs premises are wheelchair friendly and if you have a special need, we will try our best to cater for you. Only the bar opens at 6pm Monday and Tuesday, Food is available Wednesday to Saturday from 12.30 To 8.30Pm. Sunday we serve lunch from 12.30 To 3.30 And a la carte menu until 8pm Bank Holiday Monday we serve a day menu from 12.30 To 6pm. Our team of skilled and qualified chefs can cater to your every need, whether it is a special party meal or buffet style evening we will select and prepare the style of food you require. We pride ourselves on the quality of our meats, using Irish Aberdeen Angus for our Sirloin Steaks and Irish Hereford for our fillet.
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I had a lovely meal and night in this quaint village for Valentine's. This friendly restaurant is very well run by the hosts Pat and Una and their attentive young staff who had a full house on the night with couples and parties. The little bar had a roaring fire and the locals were great fun to converse with. Multyfarnham is well worth a visit and we would recommend it and will be back.

1  Thank VikingshipMike

Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I decided to treat ourselves to a Valentines meal at Weirs on the recommendation of a friend. Thankfully, the experience was a wonderful one. The service was first class, the food was absolutely fabulous and there was plenty on the plate to fill a hungry man!
I described the meal I had to a friend, telling him that every mouthful of my food tasted better than the one before. It was that good!
My wife and I would normally pass a comment on whether we liked the food we were served in any restaurant. But that would be it. Nothing more. This time, we just couldn't stop talking about the food. Two days later and we are still talking about how good it was.
We are definitely returning back for another meal (or two) and will recommend to our friends that they treat themselves by eating at Weirs.
If you want good food, at reasonable prices, then Weirs is the place.

2  Thank deravarra
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I went here with my family for my confirmation.
Everything about Weirs is brilliant. The steak was gorgeous, melt in your mouth. The staff are fantastic. Mom & Dad were very happy too.
Thanks Pat & Una. We will be back.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

What a lovely pub &restaurant.Went with my husband to Weirs for lunch and were pleasantly surprized .Food ,atmosphere and service were just great. Multyfarnham is such a beautifull village.Would def go back.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

If its good enough for Johnny Depp,Great food..best place i have ever eaten in.Staff are lovely and building is gorgeous..Can't wait to get back...5 stars....

WeirsMultyfarnham, Owner at Weirs Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for your review, Short and sweet. Glad you like it here, and hope to see you soon again.