“Best dining experience I've had this year”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durrus
Blairscove House & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Durrus
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Did not stay overnight....We had a family meal here on last Saturday night. Hav'nt been at Blairs cove for a while and its as good as ever. Magnificent selection on the starter and dessert buffet. Good selection of fish on the menu. The John Dory was perfect. The beef cooked on the open fire was a great feature. Great service-not too intrusive, just right.
Can't wait to go back !!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 25, 2011

Fabulous location and really beautiful accomodation. Breakfast was delicious and the ladt who brought the breakfast was very nice.
However, the owner was probably the most unwelcoming rude woman I have ever met. In total, we were giving E600 for 1 nights B&B. On top of that, she made us pay 2 more supplements. One of these was to make up a sofa bed! I dont expect someone to gush over me but a smile and a small bit of common decency is all I would like. Also, we are all watching the pennies and Blairs Cove could definately reduce their prices
I was disappointed leaving here as I was very much looking forward to staying. I will not be returning.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
24  Thank Corkgirl1979
Reviewed May 22, 2011

This was our third time to Ireland and our third stay in the apartment above the restaurant at Blair's. It's blissful in every way. Love the views, the privacy, the sense of our own space. Visitors must do the restaurant one night at least -- fabulous. Really a treat to have breakfast brought to your room every morning, and the homemade muesli is to die for. Great for day trips and pub visits for trad music nights in Baldehob

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mjarema
Reviewed May 4, 2011

This is my first review on Trip Advisor and I believe that Blairs Cove deserves to be commented on based on our experience. My wife and I stayed there on the last weekend in April in 2011. Firstly one cannot fault the accomodation for a very high standard of design , interior design and finish however it was the sort of place that even though it has all this going for it , it is being let down by proprieters that are very impersonal and unwelcoming. On arrival one would think that the owners would be excited to see new guests and show them to their accomodation however we were met with a sort of a stale ,cold welcome. The gentleman in charge when I offered to shake his hand to introduce myself didn't even get up off his chair and gave a half hearted handshake and not one mention of a 'welcome to our Blair's Cove we hope you have a pleasant stay'. We were given the key and asked which night we wanted dinner in a sort of glib manner also.When one is paying €400 for 2 nights one would expect a bit more hospitality . The restaurant is separate from the accomodation but I will include a comment on that here,as it is all on the same grounds.We basically sat and ordered a main course at the waiting area and then were moved to our table. When we said we didn't want a starter and would probably have a dessert instead there was a summit meeting between four staff members to see if it could be done. Eventually we were informed that they could bend the rules for us. Wow.!! €58 euro for starter, maincourse and dessert was one option or you could have starter and main course for €45. These were the options on the menu and one could not just order a main course. It was a bit steep in my opinion and I don t think it's much to ask for restaurants to offer a bit of flexibility in their menus. It was a nice meal and the desserts were delicious. It is worth mentioning that the breakfast served each morning to the self catering accomodation was also of a very good standard. Just on another note to finish, When we arrived at the reception area we were greeted by a barking black labrador and the owner . I said good morning and I was met with a finger pointing to a chair and the word 'SIT' . Nothing more nothing less. I didn't actually know if he was talking to the dog or me.A small bit of calculation on his part and a query on had we had any extra things in the room and the bill. Not one concern about whether we enjoyed our stay or if we had any comments or any problems. (Incidentally the shower was not working on the second morning and we had to go next door for a shower before we left but he didn t feel like he needed to apologise or explain,not a big deal at all but just another annoying moment) . Anyway all in all it is another classic case of very good accomodation and food etc but is left down badly by an owner who appeared ungrateful and uninterested. I don't feel like I'm being one bit unfair in saying this. When you give over €500 to a business in the hospitality Industry for two nights you expect a bit of hospitality! If this is the manner and style in which brings in the money , all the best to Blairs Cove and good luck to them. My advice to them is 'You have everything else right, just work on making people feel comfortable and welcome'. I didn't drive away saying I would like to go back and I will not be going back either.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
28  Thank sugruet
Reviewed September 22, 2010

My wife and I stayed in room 3 for 3 nights. The cleanliness was remarkable, the bed, bath and kitchen facilities impressively lavish and the peace and quiet allowed the best rest we have had in a long time. Walks on the beautiful beach and drives along the spectacular Sheep's Head Peninsula were a real treat.

It being our first time there, we mistakenly booked the room for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights. As the restaurant is closed Sunday and Monday we didn't find out how big a mistake that was until we had dinner there Tuesday. The starter buffet table was the most exotic we have ever seen. The dinner was delicious, the fish being the best we have ever eaten. The grand finale was the 3-course dessert (I'm not kidding), awe-inspiring in presentation and glorious to consume.

We have only been back home (Phoenix) for a week and already have made reservations to return. You should try Blairs Cove House. You'll love it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LucianPhoenix
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Everything about our one night stay in Blairs Cove was fabulous. Our small apartment over the restaurant (no 4) was gorgeous with fabulous views. Our meal in the restaurant was wonderful, with excellent service. Breakfast also was to die for. I couldn't recommend this place more highly.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AdaDublin
Reviewed August 18, 2010

our eigth year staying at blairs cove and each year the standard of this sublime location remains sky high. very comfortable and cosy in terms of accomadation. A perect location for relaxation nd i cannot recomend the restaurant highly enough for one of the best meals you will ever have. looking forward to next year.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank kevandgaynor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durrus
6 mi away
Casey's of Baltimore, Hotel
Liss Ard Estate
Liss Ard Estate
#3 of 12 in Skibbereen

Been to Blairscove House & Restaurant? Share your experiences!