“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gormanston
Wexford
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed May 5, 2010

We needed to be in the area for work over the last week so picked this hotel for its location and great rate. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and very very clean. Reception staff are very friendly as are all staff in the hotel. Breakfast was good and great that it is served until 10:30 am on weekdays. This hotel really has everything you could need including lots of carparking and great wi-fi signal. Only thing I would say is the Barfood wasnt great but maybe its just what we ordered. We had Room service the second night which was alot better. I have stayed in a number of hotels in the area and this was by far the best. Thank you

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
LTallon, Manager at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 6, 2010
We appreciate your comments and thank you for your positive review. L Tallon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Reviewed May 4, 2010

The staff were very friendly. The room was big and had everything you could need ( flatscreen tv, hairdryer, iron and board etc). The bed was large and very comfortable, we had a great nights sleep in it! The bathroom was spotless and the shower was excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Delighted to read your nice review of your recent stay at CItyNorth Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon, L. Tallon
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a concert the hotel was easy to find the staff were really nice and friendly,I was going to a concert in the 02 and there is a bus provided from the hotel to take you to and from the 02. This hotel is ideal if you are just looking to go to the concert and have a few drinks as for shopping i think your bout 20mins or so away from dublin city centre so could cost you.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
LTallon, Business Development Manager at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 26, 2010
Thank you for your review. CityNorth Hotel operates a regular transfer service with Matthews coach company for all concerts & sporting events which take place in Dublins O2, RDS, Croke Park (now also, the Grand Canal Theatre) so we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Bray, Ireland
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Recently attended a wedding in CityNorth Hotel, coming from Wicklow would have have visited this hotel before. It was great, very easy to find, staff very attentive, food was great, and the bedrooms was lovely and comfortable. Planning a shopping trip to Belfast soon and will definitely stop at CityNorth for lunch/dinner to break the journey.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
AoganDunne, Business Development Manager at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Our team is very pleased to note your favourable comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to CityNorth Hotel during your forthcoming planned trip to Belfast.
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Stay and stop/meet at hotel frequently. Very friendly staff and good service.
Food is fast and good value for money and easy to get in and out of - hotel directly on junction and lots of car parking.
Would recommend it for people using the M1 and needing s place to stop for the night or for food that's way better value than typical motorwy/petrol station fare

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted to be favoured by you as a recommended location on the M1 to meet or enjoy a bite to eat.
Reviewed March 26, 2010

I had to meet a colleague at a location central to both of us so she suggested the City North Hotel. I hadn't been there in quite a while so I agreed. We met at 6pm and had coffee before we ordered our meal. I was quite surprised to find the bar area quite busy with business users.It's worth noting that the coffee was very good quality. This means a lot when you are at the end of a working day and have another few hours to do.

Our waiter was a polite and mannerly young man who was very helpful. My colleague and I needed to plug both our laptops in so we were given a multiplug extension lead which meant we could choose where to sit. We ordered our meal, the waiter told us how long we would be waiting for our food so we could get on with our work. When the food arrived it was hot and more importantly - top notch!

My colleague had the fish and I had the "Stamullen Beef Bangers with Champ." I would highly recommend it if you are hungry. We continued to work uninterrupted until 11pm (surprisingly enough), long after the other business people had moved on.

If you're looking for somewhere to meet colleagues or clients close to the M50 or certainly along the M1 - I would highly recommend you try this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Its a pleasure for us to read your lovely review and know that we have met both with your expectations and indeed the high standards we set ourselves. Looking forward to welcoming you back to CityNorth Hotel soon.
Ireland
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I did not even get to stay in this hotel. Passed by it lots of time but normally stay in Dundalk.

Thought, looks nice and would try it out to see if it was worth changing to this hotel.

I rang and asked the rate and was given €59 for the night. Rang back about and hour later with my credit card to book and was give a rate of €69.

I explained to the lady that I had just been given a rate of €59 and was told that was wrong it was €69. The lady was very forceful in that fact.

Got the impression she did not trust me.

Needless to say, I booked my normal hotel where I usual pay between €69 and €79.

The hotel needs to learn the lesson, if your front line staff come across rude to a customer over the phone then they are costing you in lost customers.

Sad, it might have become a regular for me.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank KilkennySean
AoganDunne, General Manager at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 19, 2010
I was very disappointed to read your review. I would like to sincerely apologise about the poor service you experienced during your phone call. I would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss this incident further with you and would be delighted if you could contact me. Regards,
Aogan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gormanston
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Westcourt Hotel
Westcourt Hotel
#3 of 5 in Drogheda
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown

Been to CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!