CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
1,036 results
All reviewsdublin airportgames roomshuttle buskids clubtayto parkclose to the airportnext morninglovely hotelfamily roomgreat selectionbar fooddouble roomwould highly recommend this hotelbreakfast was excellentfood was lovelyboth nightsstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and the second time I have reviewed it. It is still a great hotel. Decent sized and comfortable rooms. We were at a family function for about 60 people and the meal was a buffet. It was just great and different from most buffets. Lots of different starters. I had salmon for my main course. It was properly cooked and delicious in sharp contrast to a meal I had recently in a more prestigious hotel which I reviewed recently. The location of the hotel is a bit odd and you would need a car but there is a shuttle to and from the airport and I think they will also bring you to the local towns. Any time we have stayed there it has always seemed full which is a good sign. Staff were very mannerly and helpful. Forgot to mention the breakfast. Plenty of choice. I don't like 'the full Irish breakfast' and there was still lots for me to eat. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Look for a room facing out towards the sea.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cabraperson
CityNorth, Director of Sales at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Hello Cabraperson,

Thank-you for taking the time to submit a review and delighted to learn that it was your second stay with us!

We take great pride in the food we serve and prepare so I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your experience at the family function.

I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back for a third time soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Held a 50th party here and the Events Manager Suzanne Walker and General Manager Nigel Craughwell couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating, nothing was too much trouble.
The party room was great, we had a Prosecco reception and Canapés beforehand which was very impressive and beautifully set out. It gave a great opportunity for all the guests to meet and get into party mood! The food platters later in the night were also excellent. Perfect location for guests travelling from both Dublin, Drogheda and Belfast. Highly recommend as a party venue.

• Stayed: July 2014
CityNorth, Director of Sales at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Hello SueConnell,

Thank-you so much for submitting a review and delighted that you got to enjoy the 50th birthday party with us here at CityNorth

Hopefully we will get a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed here three times and every time the service is good, the rooms clean and large. The bed enormous and comfortable. Lovely main areas in the hotel and plenty of car parking. Close to the airport. Breakfast is good and plentiful. Would happily recommend this and stay on way to Dublin.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mise17

Hello Mise17,

Many thanks for submitting a review here on Trip Advisor.

We do have many repeat guests here at CityNorth Hotel and it is always nice to hear such positive comments. As well as being close to the airport, we do also operate a 24 hour shuttle. I am

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Myself and my husband stayed here with our 7 year old son. We used it as a base for Funtasia, the cinema and shopping in Drogheda and the Battle of the Boyne Visitor centre. All were within 10 minutes of the Hotel and very easy to get to. The hotel itself is just seconds of the M1. It was really really busy when we were there. They did have a kids club which ran from about 5-8.30pm where you can leave the kids for a few hours but we didn't get time to do this. On the first evening we ate in the bar and it was really really nice, I wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. The waitress Sarah was so nice, certainly the nicest waitress i have came across in a while. The rooms were clean, comfortable, modern and had all the usually toiletries and teas and coffees. The only bad remarks I could have about the hotel would be you can hear quite a lot of traffic, it sounded like the window was open a little but we didn't book into a country retreat so I wouldn't mind this too much plus its motorway traffic not loud reeving or beeping etc... We were on the 5th floor and the lifts were either broken or really really slow one day we waited nearly 10 minutes, we had the option to walk up the 5 flights of course but I am 8 months pregnant so this was a no go for me, but I would wonder about people in wheelchairs that really do need the lift. I rang reception twice before our arrival to book and appointment in the lavender suites but never got a call back. The breakfast was lovely, usual buffet, zero complaints. Overall the stay was great, location was perfect, music in the bar each night, lovely staff and we would return again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a lower level room if possible - the weekend we were there the lifts were terrible, no fun if you are on the 5th floor!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Emma1012013
CityNorth, Director of Sales at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Hello Emma1012013,

Thank-you for taking the time to submit a review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are a great base to explore Drogheda, Boyne Valley and for the Funtasia Water Park.

I do apologise that we had an issue with one of our lifts over those particular nights. This has now been fixed.

Hopefully we will get a chance to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel in County Meat 15 min away from Dublin airport . I really enjoyed my stay in here , friendly staff very helpful , food was ok Chicken winks could be more crispy and bit more spicy. Rooms was clean . If you want to have a good sleep you need to ask to get a room facing the car park . Over all a nice hotel . I will be back .

Stayed: June 2557, traveled as a couple

Hello Briatania1,

Thank-you for taking the time to submit your comments.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff helpful and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon