“Staff are so rude”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gormanston
Wicklow, Ireland
“Staff are so rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I regularly attend a conference at this hotel and have never been overly impressed. The choice of food is not good, and the staff are very unhelpful. I have waited over 30mins for food which was featured on the carvery menu, and was not even offered an apology from the staff. This is a regular occurrence.

I called up recently to book in for a night to save me driving and spoke to the rudest receptionist I have ever come in contact with. She first tried to convince me that the conference was not on the night I was booking so was unable to get the special rate (that we had been told was available). She basically told me that she was "So Busy" and that the information I was giving her showed no conference. Too many of her sentences started with "Do you understand ...". She did eventually find that the conference was on (surprise, surprise) but instead of apologising, she continued to be rude. She wanted me to provide even more information, but after already spending 5 minutes listening to her being rude I had enough. I told her she was being unhelpful and I would not require accommodation. This led to a tirade of what I can only call abuse which I promptly hung up on. What disgusting behaviour from front of house staff.

It seems that this hotel is simply relying on the passing through trade, and see no need to put any value on good customer service. This is a pity as the hotel itself is quite nice and if fronted by the right people would be a nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank TravelChicaIrl
CityNorth, Director of Sales at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest
we are so very shocked and diappointed to read your review and would love the opportunity to chat with you about it. I would so very much appreciate if you would contact me directly at the hotel so that I can address and understand the issues that you have raised.

I genuinely hope to speak with you soon.

With kind regards
Andrea Cawley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night on business. Great staff, great service, great rooms, great food.....and all at a bargain price. Perfect location also if travelling north/south right next to the motorway. Brilliant!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CityNorth, Director of Sales at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest
thnak you so much for your wonderful review. We are indeed a great corporate hotel and we are so very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you for a return visit.

Kind regards
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel. From the moment we arrived the staff were excellent and welcoming. The room was great with plenty of space and facilities. We stayed on a deal booked through Living Social which was terrific value, the receptionist when booking was excellent and fully explained everything about this hotel and the exact location. This hotel is terrific and we were really pleased with the service, cleanliness and overall presentation of it. The hotel is about 30 minutes outside Dublin. Drogheda is close by and has good shopping and restaurants to keep you going through the day. We went to Dublin and were surprised by the car parking prices (4 Euro per hour in some places). Will go back to this hotel but wont go into Dublin itself. This hotel would be excellent for staying before travelling from Dublin Airport. A special mention must also go to the staff at breakfast time and the quality of food, which was beautiful. The food at the Tara Lounge was was exceptional and the service also very good. Overall an excellent stay and well worth the money. An added bonus is the free secure car parking.

Room Tip: This hotel caters for couples and families alike, I dont think there is anything you could request t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
it was just so lovely to read your kind review. Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback. I have passed on all your lovely comments to the team here at CityNorth.

We look so forward to welcoming you back very soon.
All the best
loughtee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights over the midterm break with our 4 and 3 year old. Everything was fantastic. The only thing I could comment on would be the service in the bar food area. Good was delicious but long waits and confusion with orders. It is a very busy hotel and I think from spectating that if they instated a manager specifically for the bar food so he or she could follow up on orders they'd probably be a lot more efficient. Breakfast also was delicious. A little cold but lovely and tasty. Again service wasn't great and our table was very badly set. We'd to grab cups spoons etc from another table and a waitress took my plate before it was finished while I turned around to see to one of the kids.
unfortunate as I was really enjoying it.
so overall fantastic stay and brilliant for children as it's so close to funtasia and tayto park and hotel offers so much for children but just maybe a few steps up in the service depth. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest
thank you so much for the excellent review. We are so delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay and also got to visit some of the great local attractions close by.

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding some issues regarding promptness of service. These comments are really appreciated in order for us to constantly improve service levels.

We hope to welcome you back really soon.
All the best
Andrea
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

First time staying in this hotel and I have to say Im impressed. The service in this hotel is amazing, especially Tom the bus driver/ receptionist/ bar man/ and bell boy!!!!! How he does it I don't know! I will be returning!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
simply loved your review! Have passed on your lovely comments to our valued member of the CityNorth team, Tom.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
All the very best
Ballymena, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here for a wee break, very nice on the inside, friendly and helpful staff,our room wasclean and tidy good location for anyone that wants to use a a base to visit local places of instrest or just to chill, other wise not a lot to do breakfast very good and good service only negative that we found was that there was no swimming pool.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
thank you so much for your kind comments - we are so very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the service levels to be really friendly and helpful and our location good.

We are so closely located to the beach for the summer months along with Funtasia Waterpark and other great activities close by,, whilst we do not have a swimming pool onsite, our gym and heritage trail walk for adults along with our children's play room and children's play ground there is lots to do.

We really hope to welcome you back soon.

Thanks again for your kind comments.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was an excellent hotel, really comfortable. I travel allot and this was only my second time visiting Ireland. I really enjoyed the experience, especially the very helpful bus driver Tom who was extremely friendly and resourceful. I will definitely be back again and recommend this hotel to anyone. The only issue was the location of the Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
thank you so much for your lovely review. We really appreciate your comments and have passed on your kind words to Tom.

We look so very much forward to welcoming you back for a return visit.

Kind regards
Andrea Cawley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gormanston
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Westcourt Hotel
#2 of 5 in Drogheda
Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown

Been to CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!