“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gormanston
N IRELAND
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed here on the special one night break with evening meal as we were picking my daughter up from the airport on Saturday morning. Everything about the hotel was good. The staff were really friendly and helpful, they rang in the morning to check the flight time for me. The meal was delicious at night and the breakfast in the morning was second to none. There was a wedding on that night but we had no bother with noise at all. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and will definately be back.

Room Tip: We were in a room on floor 6 and had no problem with noise from the wedding if there was any.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Dublin
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The hotel is on a motor way, this makes for very easy access to the airport and Dublin City, but does create some noise from cars for rooms on the M1 side. (Ask for a room on the parking lot side)
Ardgillan Castle and other historic sites are only a short car ride away so it's a great base for day trips. The decor in the hotel restaurant is a bit bland but the food was lovely.

The room we stayed in was very clean and spacious. The ventilation system for the en-suite is not overpoweringly loud and the bed was very comfortable.
There was a 21st birthday party the night we stayed and some of guests got rowdy during the night and we ended up having to ring reception a few times because of the noise levels. The hotel staff responded quickly and were very clear to the rowdy guests that their behavior had to stop.

The receptionist was absolutely lovely the next morning and couldn’t have been more apologetic. I was very impressed with their handling of the matter and would have no hesitation whatsoever in staying at the City North Hotel again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Cork
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband and two young children stayed for two nights two weeks ago (Wed/Thurs). We booked it as we thought it would be quiet as it is obviously marketed for the business traveller. However, there was a wedding on the Thursday nite and the disco kept us a awake till 2am, we were on the 6th floor and it still disturbed our childrens sleep. We phoned down on several occassions to be told it would be turned down (It was not). We complained the next morning and were told that they had never had such a complaint before (if you read some of the reviews on here you will see that is not the case), the receptionist then continued to take incoming phonecalls whilst dealing with my feedback. The front of house need some retraining in customer service, I would not stay again.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Deirdre P, Manager at CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Dear Guest

Following your recent stay in Citynorth Hotel, please accept my sincere apologies for the very obvious disruption to the enjoyment of your stay with your family a few weeks ago due to noise from a wedding reception.

As manager of the hotel the comfort of my guests is of the upmost importance to me, and I am sorry that this matter was not brought to my attention prior to your departure from the hotel so that I could speak to you in person.

Perhaps you might contact me directly at the hotel to provide me with more details and allow me to at least be able to apologise to you to person.

With sincere regards

Deirdre Power
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We stayed 1 night and used the hotel bus and their car park to get to and from the airport. On the website it mentioned a coutesy bus for those staying along with free use of the car park, however we had to pay €2 per person for the use of the bus which I wasn't expecting and should be stated on their website. The bus service was very punctional and left on time and also collected us at the allotted time, driver was very friendly. Didn't use the hotel for meals as we arrived late and left early to go to the airport. Rooms was nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed in the City North last Friday night as we were attending an event in Dundalk and had to drive to Wexford the following morning. We chose it for it's convenient location, just off the M1. To be honest I wasn't really expecting much, but boy was I wrong!!
The staff on check-in were very friendly. Check-in took but a moment. We headed off to our room on the fifth floor to be totally blown away. I had booked an Executive Room but it was so cheap I wasn't expecting much. It was absolutely beautiful!! The room was huge, the bed was huge and there was a large flat screen tv on the table. It was immaculate from floor to ceiling. There was a table and chairs and a chaise longue and there was still loads of open floor space. The bathroom was clean and functional, just what you want. Cannot fault it at all!
There was a wedding on in the hotel that night but we didn't hear one bit of noise from our room.
The one thing that could be improved on is the breakfast. It was lovely, don't get me wrong. But there needs to be more selection of hot food. I prefer my food piping hot and it was only warm. Once again the staff in the restaurant couldn't do enough for us, very friendly!
Due to it's location, the hotel is more suited to people passing through, not staying in one place as there isn't much around the area but a beautiful hotel with lovely staff!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
drogheda
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed one night and had dinner. Long wait to check in manager of hotel pushed in by with no manners, not even excuse me not aknowledged at all. Dinner menu very poor, had the bar menu very basic bad value. Good room clean, beds just not bad plenty of noise from the motorway wont be going back not even for a drink. \nicest person I met was the young girl in the restaurant serving dinner from Laytown and a young man who had started work that day. poor bar service. Went to bed early no point staying up, a little music in the bar would have been welcome.

Room Tip: look for a room not on the motorway
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Lets just say the staff in the daytime need serious training in customer care and this includes front of house staff, theres only one manger with a perfect, caring attitude - Wayne you will go far

Room Tip: Go to the Braken court hotel court hotel it is far better
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Nat G
Dear Guest

I was very dissapointed to read about your recent experience in Citynorth Hotel and particularly so in relation to our Front Office team who are frequently commended by our guests for their help, courtesy and attention to detail in respect of the service provided to the hotel guests.

It was also good to hear your positive response to Wayne, who is a valued member of the hotel management team, and very dedicated to providing quality customer service.

As the satisfaction of our guests does matter very much to me and the team at the hotel, further training will be carried out in the area of customer service.

Thank you for your constructive feedback and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Citynorth Hotel again in the future.

With sincere regards

Deirdre Power
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gormanston
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Westcourt Hotel
#2 of 5 in Drogheda
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel

Been to CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!