The Johnstown Estate Hotel & Spa
Hamlet Court Hotel(Enfield)(Great Value!)
$91
$100
$84
Agoda.com
$130
$126
Travelocity
Hotels.com
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club(Maynooth)(Great Value!)
$127
$247
The K Club(Straffan)
$302
1,434 results
All reviewsleisure centrebar foodrelaxation roomself cateringnext morningsalt restaurantcoach house barsteam roomoutdoor jacuzzipavilion restaurantfull body massagesaturday nightthermal suitehotel barrelaxing breakgroupon dealsteak
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My sister and I had a two nights stay in this hotel and it was perfect. We arrived at the same time as some wedding party guests arrived to check in , however everything was done very smoothly.

There was a conference, a wedding and a 50th birthday party on at the same time however I felt as if I was the only guest in the place, there was no fuss, a pleasant, patient, smiling, chatty lady at reception, took her time, no rush whatsoever. She was excellent
The room was very spacious, the bathroom was huge with bath and seperate shower, all spotless.
Tele was available with remote which was working, with a huge choice of stations, some which had to be paid for and others were free, plenty of entertainment for everyone. tea/coffee plenty of both,.
The food in the bar was excellent and very well priced, the breakfast was excellent with excellent service throughout our stay.
The service by everyone from the minute we walked in the door until we left was second to none.
everyone and I mean everyone was very nice and helpful.

Many families with small children were there and seemed to be enjoying it too

I can highly recommend it to anyone. We travelled to Newgrange on the second day, its about 80 mins away if not a little less. well worth the visit.
Enfield is a quiet town with little or no facilities.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was very unimpressed with this hotel. I would certainly not give it a 4 star rating and I would not return. One of the biggest problems with the hotel was that it is extremely understaffed. The poor staff that work in the hotel seem to be completely over worked and doing the job of two or three people. There was a wedding in the hotel the day I arrived and there were glasses everywhere for a long time after the wedding party left as there was nobody available to clean the area. I must commend one particular member of staff whose name was Emma. She worked in the bar as a waitress and she was very professional, efficient and friendly.
The spa is less than impressive. The first relaxation area room that I was shown was like the waiting room in a bus station. I was told that the 2nd relaxation area was a ‘quite room’ although everybody in it was talking. I would have appreciated it one of the three therapists that came into the room and say the noise could have asked them to respect the need for quiet. During my full body massage there were pipes rattling in the walls for the first half an hour of my treatment. When I asked what it was I was told that it was the air conditioning. It was extremely distracting. In order to get to the outdoor Jacuzzi we had to exit the spa, walk through the hotel lobby and go through separate changing rooms. Then when we got there I was very disappointed to see that there were no seats / lounges outside!
I would not go back to this hotel nor would I recommend it….Suggestion: Please hire more staff!

Room Tip: East facing rooms are very hot in the morning! Windows only open a tiny bit but maybe the windows on the ground floor open a bit more?
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MARION H
odhran l, General Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear MarionH,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel. We are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay and particularly with your comments on the spa. Our spa constantly receives excellent reviews and rest assured we will discuss your comments internally. On a positive note rest assured I will pass on your comments to Emma. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Johnstown House hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed one night as part of an Aer Lingus vacation package.
We arrived from the US at 5:30 AM and drove directly to the hotel. We were greeted by a very friendly woman. We were fortunate to get into our room in the morning and were able to take a quick nap to get acclimated to the time change. The room was average, the bath amenities were slightly better, but the shower backed up. We had breakfast at the buffet which was not very good, but to be fair it was a weekday and nobody was in the breakfast area. It would have been a waste to have so much food out there, perhaps they should do a cook to order breakfast when it is that slow? Something that would be hard for the hotel to control is a group of guests were being rowdy running up and down the halls screaming at 4:00 AM. But the rooms could use a bit of soundproofing from the hall anyway. The hotel was fine, but a bit off the path and not much to do around it. Again the reception people were great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FloridaPic

Dear FloridaPLC,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent experience at Johnstown House Hotel. While we are glad your overall experience was positive we note the issues you have raised. We will discuss your comments internally and see how we can improve our offering and service.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we trust you will visit Johnstown House Hotel should you return to Ireland.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Was here in early June at a conference. Unusually for Ireland the sum was blazing down and I did not stay the night and cannot comment on overnight faciities.

Found the conferencing facing and dining staff were top notch and the premises itself, despite being in trouble with its bankers for at least three years, is not showing any signs of lack of maintenance. It looks wonderful on a sunny day, very five star.

I would most certainly countanance a revisit, perhaps even an overnight next time with the notably sybaritic Mrs Muggkins who likes her spas and leisure facilities in tow.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Muggkins,

Thank you for taking the time to review Johnstown House Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and we thank you for your kind comments. Our spa is extremely popular and as it less than an hour from Dublin. Una and her team at the Spa provide an excellent service and they would be delighted to look after you on your next visit to Johnstown House Hotel.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

On Sunday 2 June 2013 we held a family function in Johnstown House, which had been booked in January. A clear contract was drawn up, identifying our requirements, however mixed experiences / reviews raised some concern, which we made known to the Hotel; reassurance was given that all would be as requested.
On arrival we found that all bedrooms were as requested and the small function room was clearly set aside for our use. It was laid out as requested, to facilitate adults in one part and children in the other - with complementary screen and projector made available for our use, as arranged.
The restaurant manager was most helpful in drawing up the children's menu and the adult menu had a good choice for each course - including steak option - [special dietary requirements were also fully facilitated with no fuss or bother]. Although the function room had been technically booked from 7 - 9pm, we were not asked to vacate it until we disbanded at midnight!
Breakfast the following morning was well organised and the staff members were most helpful in ensuring that some of the extended family could all sit together. They were personable and friendly yet managed a busy bank holiday morning efficiently.
Overall I cannot fault the planning and execution of our family event by Johnstown House staff. The children enjoyed the pool but the bar is perhaps somewhat understaffed e.g. mid-morning / lunchtime, but otherwise, we were very pleased. Clean throughout, friendly staff and the sun shone which helped to highlight the nice surrounds!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Patrice 2303

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our facilities excellent. While I appreciate your anxiety over comments on Trip Advisor it is important to note that we have over a thousand guests staying every week, the majority of whom are very happy. However, it is human nature that people will give you negative feedback rather than the positive.
With this in mind I really appreciate you taking the time to write your review and if I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.