“Great service”

The Johnstown Estate Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I recently spent a night here with my boyfriend. The hotel itself has beautiful grounds and the interior is lovely but I think it does need a lick of paint. Our room was the same, it was lovely but maybe needs a little updating. We also had dinner in the hotel which was fantastic with great service, there was a great choice and all the food was excellent.
Although the hotel needs a little updating I would still highly reccommend it for a night away.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
conaatatu, General Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear CFarrell-McBride,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel and Spa. We are delighted you enjoyed your hen and rest assured that I have passed on your feedback to Marina. Marina is an excellent team member and we are delighted you signaled her out for special mention.

I trust that the wedding will be a wonderful occasions and we look forward to welcoming you back to Johnstown House hotel & Spa

Kind regards,

Odhran

Write a ReviewReviews (1,364)

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here as part of a Hen night and we had a most enjoyable stay. The rooms are beautiful, and we were greeted by lovely reception staff. The highlight of our trip was our encounter with Marina (Restaurant Manager), who went out of her way assisting to decorate our private dining area, helped us choose wines, suggested menu choices and provided excellent service to us all throughout the evening. She has an amazing personality and that was confirmed by her staff who hold her in such high esteem. Well done to all and we look forward to a return visit very shortly.

We would highly recommend Johnstown House Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Roverart,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House hotel & Spa. While we are delighted you enjoyed your stay there are some issues you have highlighted. Rest assured we will discuss your feedback internally and make the necessary changes.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Johnstown House Hotel.

Kind regards,

Odhran Lawlor

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Johnstown House, (on a 3 night for 2 offer with dinner) on the first weekend in February.
Throuhout the whole stay, I can honestly say that we found all the staff friendly and courteous.
The room and ensuite were excellent, the only gripe that I would have is that the room was too warm, but eventually the room did cool down. I would have expected a better quality television in a 4 star hotel, but if I wanted to watch TV, I should have stayed at home.
We ate in the main restaurant on the Sunday evening and the whole meal was of a high standard although I had to change my starter as my original choice was not available.
On all three mornings we had a late breakfast and could not fault what was on offer.
My wife used the leisure centre on two separate occasions and did not have a bad word to say about it.
On value for money, I thought that the bar prices were quite expensive, over €5 for a pint of Guinness and over €7 for a gin & tonic.
All in all, we had a very relaxing break and would not hesitate to return, or indeed recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My friend and I booked a spa break for 1 night in January. We arrived and were greeted by friendly reception staff and we had a lovel lunch in the bar. I was disappointed with my treatment which was included in the package for €155. I had he Elemis Specific Facial. It was advertised as 55 mins. I was picked up for my 6 O Clock apponintment at 6.10 and I was out in waiting area by 650. This also allowed me time to undress, consultation, dress and drink a glass of water. Duration of actual facial was about 30 - 35 mins. I was disappointed by this. We had also booked dinner for 9.00. When we arrived at restaurant our table was not ready. We had to wait 10 mins. Our waitress appeared to be very inexperienced. I asked for a rare steak and was told I could not have it rare. My friend ordered sea trout and was served salmon. I have been disappointed by the fact that I took time to complete the feedback form and handed it into reception and it is now over 2 weeks and I have heard nothing in relation to this. I would be reluctant to return to the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank UJenn
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights on a pigs back deal. The hotel is nice but is due a lick of paint.

On arrival we were quickly checked in and made our way to our room. On arrival in out room we found that the room even though we had asked for a quiet room was beside the entrance to the lobby / corridor and was an joined room. We sat for a moment then heard the next door neighbours arrive. It was as if they were in our room. Returned to reception and were assigned a new room on a quieter part of the hotel.

We then went for lunch in the bar. I ordered a Caesar salad with chicken and what arrived could only be described as scraps ( two lettuce butts included ). I returned the salad and it was replaced quickly with a nice but small dish.

Later on we had dinner and this was a far better experience. The food was great and the service was excellent. The waiter was very attentive but not over bearing. After the meal we wanted to tipp the waiter but were told that the hotel takes all tips and i individual staff members were not allowed to take them. Strange we thought.

We used the leisure center while here but not the gym. The leisure center was well appointed and very clean as was the gym from what we saw.

Overall I Would give this hotel 3 1/2 -4 but as I said i said the title it could do with a lick of paint. There were some bits of torn wall paper in our corridor and the bar area was a bit rough. The first foot was also worn and could do with a refresh.

Staff were good also.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Derek K
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed here in February 2012 for a function. The service is excellent, food is excellent, rooms are fabulous. This hotel in one word is excellent. Would definitely stay here again. I could not fault this hotel in any way in terms of quality, i.e quality of service which was excellent. Quality of hospitality again this was excellent from the time I made my booking until I checked both in and out. The sfaff are just really really helpful. Nothing is too much and I appreciated that. Rooms are cosy and spacious and are immaculately clean. The breakfast menu was also excellent.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Just returned from a lovely two night stay. We were upgraded to a suite which consisted of a dining area, seating area with a large sofa and two armchairs and separate large bedroom with spacious bathroom with separate shower and corner bath. Our package included one evening meal, this we ate on the first evening and it was delicious. I treated myself to a wonderful massage and facial in the spa before enjoying the swimming pool/jacuzzi/steam room. Family joined us for lunch in the bar and, apart from one meal needing to be heated a little more, they were extremely impressed. The staff throughout our stay were very helpful, friendly (especially our waiter in the restaurant, Gillian in the Spa and Gillian at breakfast) and nothing was too much trouble. The only disappointments were the long delay for food in the bar on one evening (one hour) but the staff apologised for this, the bill was incorrect on departure but this was rectified easily and the hot water had become cold by the evening so having a bath or shower wasn't enjoyable. We have stayed here on a few occasions and look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RISA10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
#1 of 2 in Enfield
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne

Been to The Johnstown Estate Hotel? Share your experiences!