“Good value for money”
Review of Monastery Inn

Monastery Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Enfield
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: the monastery inn is located in the tiny village of clonard in county meath on the R148
Meath
“Good value for money”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I always enjoy visiting this pub, the atmosphere is welcoming, warm & cosy. Food is always good & feel you get what you pay for. I have returned here many times of the years and always go out of my way to visit just for the Brie.

Mullingar, Ireland
“Top marks to the Monastery”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I would like to say top marks and thanks to the staff at the monastery last Friday night.
We had a family gathering and the food was great it had lots to choose from to suit both young and old my three year old loved the pasta, service was excellent and v attentive. We were seated in the back room with a lovely burning stove - very private just what we wanted. The monastery is a special place with plenty of character a busy bustling atmosphere and the best steak in the midlands. We really enjoyed ourselves its not a place to visit if you prefer to eat in SILENCE!!!!!
We will be back

Kinnegad, Ireland
“Nice food, good service”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I recently visited the Inn, I was greeted by a lovely young lady, Emma, who proved to be an excellent hostess. My server was a lass named Neeve, I found her to be an excellent waitress. However, I found it baffling that I was not able to have "half and half" with my dinner, and I was asked to pay for separate portion of mash to accompany my meal. Neeve was very good with amusing my son and answering difficult questions by a 4 year old. :-)
I found that the decor needs completing around the bar and lounge area.
When passing through I would call in again on my travels.

Dublin, Ireland
“Mostly ok - shabby interior - clientele a bit rough”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

On my first visit to the Monastery Inn (Easter Sunday, 2013), I found the food to be very good (8/10), even if the other guests were a little loud, and the customer service rushed and perfunctory.
The 2nd visit I paid here was last week (3rd week in October), and to be honest I was unimpressed.
No suitable seating was available for our family group, just a table for 4 opposite the bathrooms (which we turned down), and another at the end of a freezing cold, oriental-themed annexe.
Eventually I accepted the annexe seating.
Accepting this table location was a mistake, for several reasons.
One of the chairs at our table was broken, but had not been removed.
It was freezing down there - no heating was on.
We were a long way from the service area, and staff.
We were seated beside an unappealing group who were very loud and disruptive.

The main course was uninspiring (however the puddings were excellent).
I asked for a Coke, and a can arrived at our table, unopened and warm.
Our bill was miscalculated, and we were asked to pay for wine which we never ordered.
This matter was resolved without incident.

The premises themselves are shabby, both inside and outside.
The path leading up the premises is scruffy, and overgrown with weeds.
Once you go inside you see a grubby looking fish tank, and a broken menu stand.
Friends of ours have also commented on the loud guests that frequent this establishment.
I will not be returning to the Monastery Inn.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank RLC846
Ireland
“Been so close and never knew”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This little gem is close to where I live and I found myself there recently. The food is excellent, even during a Sunday rush, the presentation, selection and service is second to none, well done all round to the staff....

• Visited October 2013