“Great Sunday Lunch. Customer service as it should be.”
Review of Monastery Inn

Monastery Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Enfield
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: the monastery inn is located in the tiny village of clonard in county meath on the R148
Province of Leinster, Ireland
“Great Sunday Lunch. Customer service as it should be.”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We called here hoping for a long , lingering Sunday lunch and when we explained this to the waitress she said that it was no problem. We could order our starters and our mains later when we were ready. Food was tasty and hot and served as requested. Altogether a very enjoyable Sunday afternoon lunch that didn't break the bank.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank macot_12

Dacula, Georgia
“Good Food”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is a pub restaurant in Clonard, which is off the M4 motorway. There is no exist from the M4 at Clonard. The nearest exits are Enfield if you're heading to the West and Kinnegad if you're heading to Dublin. Then just follow the road to Clonard and the Monastery Inn is right in the centre of the village opposite the Church.

I have family in the area and when I visit we usually head here to eat. The food is good and the portions are generous. On my recent visit, I had the special of the day, a Chicken and Mushroom pie which was very good. Other people in the group had Fish and Chips and Pasta Carbonara and the plates were cleaned. On previous visits, the steak, curry and stir fry have all received thumbs-up. As for dessert, I couldn't taste the sherry in the trifle, but it was good otherwise and the apple crumble would have been nicer if it was warmed (I'll have to remember that for next time). But I do recommend the profiteroles

The staff are alway friendly. Service is usually quick and efficient, but I've never felt rushed. Also during the day they have a 2 course meal special which is great value for Ireland. I'll definitely be back.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank IrishGirl285
Dublin
“Great pub grub”
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

I go here regularly, living ten miles away. I couldn't praise it more highly. The food is amazing, the lamb in particular. The staff are friendly and courteous. The food is cheap enough considering how great it is. The atmosphere is good, it's just an aul country pub with great grub.

2 Thank Sneijder24
Kinnegad, Ireland
“Approach with caution”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This pub/resteraunt is local to me and I went in for sunday lunch.We got pasta which didnt taste right,so we sent it back,the waitress was pleasant.When we went to the counter to pay for other food we were asked to pay for the pasta that was returned,when I said I wasnt paying for it the bar tender demanded the money,he then got the manager who was very rude and treated us like we were at fault.I paid for the food that was edible and left.

• Visited June 2012