Cooneys Hotel
$103
$80
$77
Very Good 4/5
The Prince of Wales Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$58
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsthe ownerbar foodsteak sandwichwell worth a visitgreat foodthe pubbreakfast menufor sunday lunchmain streettop classexcellent hostsstayed one nightfollowing morninglambroom was spotlesssea bassa wonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2011

I stopped off at this hotel for lunch while on a long cross country trip. I had never been in it before. But from the moment I stepped inside the front door I felt at ease. I needed to use the restroom before I ordered lunch and was met by a very pleasant member of staff who asked if I was looking for the restrooms. On return and having found myself a lovely seat by the fire another very pleasant waitress dropped over a menu to me. To my surprise moments later she was back with a perfect pot of tea- perfect in that it arrived so quickly and was really hot, which I like. Minutes later my lunch arrived. I was so grateful for this quick service as I had a long journey ahead and didn't want to be delayed. Again the lunch was hot, tasty and fresh. All in all a most pleasant experience.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Fuchsia
Stephen C, General Manager at Cooneys Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Dear Fuchsia,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2010

Although we did not stay at Cooney's Hotel, my two old school pals from U.K, and I met up to have a little reunion, and we were recommended to try Cooney[s Hotel - so glad we did; the atmosphere, food and service were excellent. The Staff were so courteous and helpful, it was a most pleasant experience. Thank you Cooneys!

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends

Dear Sheila93,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience in the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

A nice country feel to the hotel. The staff were very friendly and the room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Good choice of food and no complaints about service.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

Dear Fincofour,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2010

Cooneys is a family run establishment and has a warm friendly environment. The bar food is excellent in particular the steak sandwich is superb. The hotal also has an a la carte restaurant which is also great and very good value for money. The surrounding village is great for a relaxing get away and very calm with some great little old fashioned pubs. The rooms are comfortable andthe reception area is lovely.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear NLirl,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great review and for recommending us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.