“One of Ireland's hidden gems”
Review of Martinstown House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in The Curragh
Martinstown House
Ranked #1 of 2 The Curragh B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

What a great find, owned and run by Edward & Roisin Booth, we were warmly greeted by their son Andrew, from suggesting the best way to drive to a venue, to suggesting places to eat, nothing was a problem,
As someone once said I'll be back
Thank you Edward for all your help & make this trip a success, Robbie

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed with one of my sisters and 2 friends. We were warmly welcomed by Edward who proved to be the most hospitable of hosts. He accomodated our need to play bridge by providing us with a card table , 2 packs of cards and a scoring pad in the delightful Morning Room. The daffodils in the garden were so pretty.
Roisin proved to be an excellent cook and was assisted by son Andrew on the second night.
We were very lucky on the second night as a couple were tasting their wedding menu and what a feast it was. All the food is sourced with great care and we all thought the food was fantastic. Edward gave us excellent advice on which red wine to have with the beef- it went perfectly.
We loved our stay in this lovely , comfortable house with truly friendly and professional hosts.
Thank you , Edward, Roisin and Andrew

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2012

On 08th August this year, I had the most perfect day at Martinstown House. Not only is it a stunningly beautiful house surrounded by lush, gorgeous gardens, it is a SUPERBLY run establishment. I decided I wanted to have "afternoon tea" for my wedding reception and nothing was too much for Edward and Roisin. Everything was beautiful! The food - all homemade by the very talented Roisin - was to die for, what an exceptional baker she is, and everybody has raved about it since. Presentation was exquisite, dainty and elegant. I had an idea in my head beforehand of how I wanted it to be, and what I wanted it to look like...looking back on it, I must have had a very poor imagination as the magic that Edward & Roisin created was truly unsurpassable! I cannot recommend it more highly... If you are looking for somewhere to have a small, intimate wedding, stop looking. If you 've booked somewhere else for a small, intimate wedding - cancel it. Martinstown House is where you should go if, like me, you want a day of complete bliss and perfection!!!!!

Thank you again Edward & Roisin for making mine and Richie's day so unbelievably special and - at the risk of repeating myself - so perfect! Amy, x

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TheMrsSOC
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were greeted with a lovely warm welcome and warm comfy beds late on Friday night. =] lovely breakfast the next day, a great fry. we were recommended to go to Kilkenny for the day. had a nice trip down and had a great day at the castle.

Food Saturday night was amazing and we felt right at home. Roisin and Edward were fantastic hosts.

Was very sad to leave today. Can't wait to go back =]

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claire M
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Martinstown House. Edward and Roisin were extremely welcoming and accommodating, and catered for my every need. I was offered tea and biscuits on arrival, along with a friendly chat about the history of the house and recommendations of places to visit in the area. The house is immaculate, beautiful grounds and I was free to explore the farm and old stable yard. My bedroom was extremely comfortable and tastefully decorated in period fashion. Delicious breakfast. I highly recommend Martinstown House and can't wait to stay there again. Thoroughly relaxing!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank harley_sos
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Martinstown House is just as pretty as it looks on their website. The inside doesn't disappoint either - it is beautifully and appropriately decorated and encourages relaxation from the moment you step through the door. Edward was a marvelous host, putting us and our large group instantly at ease and catering for our every need. Our evening there felt very much like the perfect house party, with none of the stress. I particularly enjoyed the wonderful food, both for dinner and breakfast. Home-cooked and 'real' food (many of the veg had come from their own garden), done exceptionally well.

Compared to some run-of-the-mill hotels the price is not cheap but, much more importantly, it is very good value for such a unique and special experience. The overheads in running a place like this are very high, which people forgot when comparing to the recent prices offered by 'zombie hotels' (hotels offering below-cost rates so that they can continue to avail of tax breaks). It's so important that the public support genuine, family run hotels before we loose gems like this.

Rant over.... Martinstown House is completely charming and I cannot wait to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We broke our journey from Ballymaloe to Belfast for one night and it was a really enjoyable experience. Edward and his wife Roisin are excellent hosts. They couldn't have been more welcoming with tea and cakes on arrival and again when we came in at night. There was a blazing log fire in the grate and they encouraged the guests to be sociable in their cosy drawing room. The breakfast in the morning was excellent and the dining experience was reminiscent of old fashioned country house charm with genuine home cooking. The house and furnishings are lovely and the location is very convenient to Kildare Outlet Village, Japanese Gardens and National Stud. The downside is that it is hard to find but with the right co ordinates and a satnav you can drive straight to the door

Room Tip: Access to some rooms would be difficult for the physically challenged so it is essential to make tha...