Trevin Farms
Best Western Plus Ticonderoga Inn & Suites(Ticonderoga)(Great Value!)
$127
BestWestern.com
$80
$81
Hotels.com
$109
The Mountain Top Inn & Resort(Chittenden)(Great Value!)
$275
Courtyard Middlebury(Middlebury)
$143
Middlebury Inn(Middlebury)
$127
$123
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My Wife, and I, had a wonderful stay at Trevin Farms. Kevin was a friendly host who created excellent breakfasts and the best dinner we had in Vermont during our four night stay in the state. We opted for the cheese making stay and he showed us how to make goat cheese and incorporated it into the dinner on the second day. The animals at the farm are all very friendly, and you can interact with them as little, or as much, as you would like. We have two dogs of our own, and I still miss their Bull Mastiffs. If you ever find yourself in the south west area of Vermont, I highly recommend that you stay at this B & B. As a matter of fact, find a way to get there.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My fiance and I visited Trevin Farms for a romantic weekend away. The innkeepers were personable and great to talk to. We enjoyed breakfast. The grounds were lovely, the goats were really cool, and the milk and cheese were to die for. My favorite aspect were the two dogs, Zoey and Zeus, I think. They were absolutely lovable and really made the trip for me.
However, we are two extremely picky people when it comes to cleanliness. We got the suite for two nights. The room was a little dusty and the bathroom seemed to be in need of a deeper clean. It made me (paranoid as I am) wonder how well the shower had been cleaned since the last visitors left. Now, the innkeepers seemed to be responsible individuals who cared about their establishment, so my expectations may just be too high and I may just be too picky. I enjoy camping, a log a good log cabin. But when I'm in a home, I expect it to be spotless. I don't know what my hang-up is. Oh, also, we had about 5 minutes of hot water in the morning. This didn't bother me, but it may bother others.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank the2roadtrippers
Reviewed August 8, 2010

My fiance and I just got back from a week long visit to Vermont and we absolutely loved Trevin Farms. We visited 4 B&Bs over the week and Trevin Farms was our last stop. It was a very special and wonderful experience for us that we will always remember. We pulled up to the farm and Kevin (one of the innkeepers) was out front with the kids. Literally, the baby goats. They were running around eating things and being playful and immediately started licking our fingers and nuzzling our legs. We knew right then we'd be in for something special.

Being city dwellers it was incredibly rewarding and fun being on a working farm and getting to see and interact with all the animals. There were HUGE chickens running around the farm and two delightful horses grazing and stopping by to visit us by the fence. There were also numerous adult goats that we helped (very little!) to milk. Trevin Farms also has two giant dogs, Zoe and Zeus who were fun to play with. Zoe even followed us on a short walk and showed us a shortcut back to the farm (smart dog!). But we also got to see just how hard Kevin and Troy work on the farm and it impressed us to no end.

Our room was amazing and would not have been out of place in a luxury hotel. We had a huge room with beautiful furnishings and a private bathroom and balcony. Kevin cooked an amazing meal for us including a salad made from the garden, the freshest of goat cheese, and a host of other farmer's market meat and produce. We also got a packed lunch for the next day which featured a delicious roasted veggie wrap.

Perhaps the two most amazing experiences at the farm though were gazing at the incredible night sky from the balcony and feeding the kids with baby bottles. It was a truly an awesome visit and we hope to return to Trevin Farms again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed two nights in a lovely private suite which had all the comforts of home. We enjoyed a fabulous dinner prepared by chef/owner Kevin which included homemade banana cream pie and hearty breakfasts of fresh eggs from their chickens. The farm is located on 40 acres of beautiful green pasture with mountain views. Feeding the baby goats is an unforgettable experience and they will certainly let you know when it is feeding time! They are adorable and all have names. The family dogs Zeus and Zoey are friendly and spend most of their time sunning themselves on the decks. The farmhouse is quaint, very clean and tastfully decorated. The kitchen was my favorite room in the house where we learned how to make goat cheese from the goat's milk.
Trevin Farms is a wonderful place to visit for grownups and kids alike. I was sad to leave but can't wait to go back next year and see how "Mighty Joe" has grown!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We stayed here in February and loved it! The grounds are beautiful, and we learned a great deal about cheese making and farming while staying here. The hosts are very welcoming and made us feel at home. If you stay here, definitely opt for the dinner -- it was one of the best dinners we've ever had, absolutely perfect. The breakfasts were extremely good too. We were initially planning on going skiing while staying there, but decided to just hang out on the farm instead because we were having so much fun. We got to herd the goats and start a bon-fire, got to know all the animals by name, and play with the farm dogs, Zeus and Zoey. A perfect vermont stay!! The only way this place can improve is our room didn't have a door on it -- we found this a little bit strange, but probably something theyre working on. Would highly recommend this stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple