The Peacock Garden
$58
$47
  • Breakfast included
Vest Grand Suites(Tagbilaran City)
$27
$20
Kew Hotel(Tagbilaran City)
$46
Darunday Manor(Tagbilaran City)(Great Value!)
$25
$22
Hotels.com
$34
$30
Soledad Suites(Tagbilaran City)
$38
$34
GV Hotel Tagbilaran(Tagbilaran City)
$16
$12
Agoda.com
Wregent Plaza Hotel(Tagbilaran City)
$21
$20
  • Restaurant
Chriscentville Hotel(Tagbilaran City)
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsinfinity poolwine cellarspa experiencepeanut kissesping pongeuropean stylespa facilitieschocolate hillsluxury resortalona beachwatermelondeal grocerpanglao islandgerman chefl'occitane toiletriestagbilaran airportbreakfast buffet is
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My jaw dropped when I arrived at this resort. I have never seen a hotel with such grand and luxurious grounds. This was the case throughout, from the rooms with a choice of dressing gowns and L'Occitane bathroom minis to the spa with it's candlelit whirlpool bath and sublime treatments. The bathrooms were also fantastic - more like wet rooms.
I felt it would be wrong to sleep on the sunbeds (not really sunbeds in a broken plastic sense, more utterly comfortable garden furniture in a millionaires mansion) when the infinity pool and outdoor whirlpool were right in front of me to stare at. The grounds were beautifully maintained, full of little quirks like soft lighting on the trees in the evening.
My only slightly negative comment would be that this hotel was slightly formal. Outside of the women on reception and those who helped you plan your excursions etc, I felt that the staff may have been encouraged to 'be seen and not heard'. I personally would be more than comfortable to have the guys that tended the pool sit down in the shade during the day rather than feel they needed to stand. Especially as their service was impeccable anyway- I only had to blink and they'd got me a towel or changed my ashtray. A number of the staff also seemed to feel that they should leave the path that we were both walking on and wait for me to pass. I can assure them that this is not the case. NB. This is not a reflection on the staff at all, they were great!
I will also associate this hotel with one of the best mornings of my life on the Dolphin watching and snorkelling trip that they organised for me.
Things were slightly more expensive in the hotel than in the other places I stayed on the Island - but I'm talking just under £20 for a 90 minute massage as oppose to just under £10. And the spa and your surroundings made it worth it.
Menu was Germanic with a separate, smaller Filipino menu - food quality was great and it was a good combination although wouldn't have minded some more Filipino options.
Another plus point - free transfers to most places you need to get to and from.
All in all, I can't recommend this place highly enough but I hope they take note that whilst we've paid to stay in an amazing place, we don't need to be treated like royalty, just really really well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank goochie81
Reviewed October 16, 2013

There are not many places where I feel like they have taken the time to cover everything, but this is one of them. It's truly amazing what they owners have managed to do here on an island in the Philippines.

There are only 34 rooms, which means even if the place is fully booked it won't be as busy as most other hotels/resorts. A lot of planning went into this resort, and even more into staff training leaving nothing to chance - which made it a great place to stay.

The ratio of staff to guests is very high,meaning here is great service, but it's not just that, it's also the attentiveness of the staff which is amazing.

The amenities are great too. The infinity pool is a great size for proper swimming, and provides a great view from each room or from within. There are 2 table tennis tables, a pool table, darts & karaoke available for use.

The breakfast menu is quite extensive, and the fresh cook bread rolls which are served with each meal are delicious.

We went to a beach about 30 mins drive away, and when we wanted to return we just called reception & they sent a van for us (PHP500 cost).

It's well worth the price if you want somewhere to spend a few days in bliss.

They do however need to get a pillow menu or offer a few different types of pillows to guests as would other hotels/resorts of this calibre.

Room Tip: It seems as though all rooms have sea views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ddv73
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is located in a quite place, and only have 30 plus rooms. So there are few guests, but service is good.
I really enjoyed my vocation lying near the swimming pool.
But one thing, the bath room decoration is old.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We visited the hotel for lunch, and when we arrived, we were asked to pay 2,000 Php by the security guard. This was a consumable fee for use of the restaurant, but no receipt was issued for that. Sketchy. We specifically visited the restaurant because they boasted a vegetarian/vegan daily menu online. When we got to the restaurant, we were one of two tables there, and requested the vegan menu. We were informed that the chef had not created it yet, and were asked to wait. During the course of waiting for the menu, there were several awkward situations - including the chef yelling about us to the waitress, within our earshot, and the waiters talking about our table. After we finally received the menu, we were able to order, and the food was very good, but came after a 45 minute wait. The service was sooooooo slow, despite their being two tables and at least four waitresses. Advantage: we great bread for free, however, we had to remind them several times to bring it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank GingerVegan
Reviewed September 27, 2013

There's not much I can add to the other glowing reviews here. I'll explain why I haven't given 5 stars further down.
This place is a serious find and would cost 3 times the price pretty much anywhere else in the world.
The view is amazing, the staff professional, polite, and extremely helpful. Everywhere is spotlessly clean. The air conditioning in the room was quiet and powerful.
The games area is a nice touch, tucked away downstairs (outside but with a roof) with a pool table, two rather lumpy ping-pong tables, and two dart boards. An excellent place to drink cocktails and while away the time when it's too hot to be in or around the pool.
The food is very good. Tips? Try the coconut banana curry ice cream, it's amazing. Avoid the truly revolting 'Chefs Salad'. It comes completely drowned in a thick, super-vinegary sauce (yes, sauce, not dressing).

The reason this isn't a 5 star review? The worst kind of penny-pinching at the bar. Spirits are served in tiny 20ml (2cl) measures, but worst of all liqueurs are served in the same miniature measures. 20ml of Baileys barely covers the bottom of a glass!
Sort this and it's 5 stars.

Room Tip: Spend that little more and get a balcony room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple