Although I am late in reviewing this visit, since was busy traveling :)
4 of us stayed in this hotel for 3 days in Feb 2013. I would say it met our expectations since we heard so much about this hotel from various people.
Located in secluded area in Bohol not only gives privacy you need but also has some brilliant view and romantic setup.
Booking Experience (4/5)
Booking experience was as smooth as it can be, 1 rating less as the on-ground staff at the hotel took some time to find our booking arrangement and discount we had availed, but that's not much of trouble.
Remember to book your rooms in advance to make sure your preferred rooms can be available.
Believe me during peak season this hotel gets jammed packed.
We were give 2nd floor room on the far end of main building (near Spa), which suited our preference of having privacy and peace.
Rooms are well equipped with all the necessary amenities like TV, Minibar etc.
Furniture in the Room as well as across the hotel gives some good European touch, very comfortable living.
Bathrooms are equipped with nice hot water shower and all the items like shampoo, soap etc has its own class.
TIP: Go for 2nd floor rooms if you really need some good privacy and peace. The one near pool is also good as it gives easy access to pool and you don't have to walk long for the restaurant
Staff is very nice and friendly, will go extra-mile to meet customer's need.
While the food range is mostly European range, we being Vegetarian had very few choices, most of the time we had to rely on the bread (well this is the price you pay sometimes for being Vegetarian)
One of the biggest challenge we had was no availability of any sort of food whatsoever after 11:00pm which is little surprising. If you are gone to the spa and taken the last slot you can forget the dinner as it will take about 2 hours in the spa and by the time you are out there is no food.
TIP: As staff to arrange for a table near the swimming pool, you will get nice romantic candle light dinner with your loved one with brilliant sun-set view
Way Around (4/5)
Since the hotel itself is little away from all the beach and attractions, you really need to plan your day very well to go around.
Nearest beach is about 45 mins drive, Chocolate hills takes about 2 hours, Fireflies watching is about 1 hours drive from the hotel.
Despite of such distances the hotel staff is very kind and helpful in arranging for a car for you and will make sure you get the driver who has local knowledge and not too expensive.
For the island hopping I suggest not to book through hotel as their contacts are little expensive and might have some prior bookings.
If you stay at this resort and not visit the Spa you will make a biggest mistake.
One of the best spa I have visited in the Philippines, Spa is equipped with nice special rooms, private Jacuzzi, Sauna and steam bath.
Spend at-least 2 hours in the spa to make most of it :)
Over all brilliant experience and I recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to visit with their loved ones and spend some romantic weekend together in peace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peacock Garden is a boutique hotel and spa located on the island of Bohol, featuring a distinct blend of Old World ambience and Filipino hospitality. An idyllic retreat - tucked away on a hilltop and spread over 11 hectares - welcomes guests to sprawling gardens, luxury rooms, and stunning views of the Bohol Sea. With its tranquil environment, the island's finest dining experience, natural spa treatments, and captivating sea views, The Peacock Garden is the ideal hideaway for a romantic holiday, wedding weekend, or special event. It is a 15-minute drive from Tagbilaran City, and eco-cultural, beach, and outdoor activities are offered nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your The Peacock Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peacock Garden Hotel Baclayon
- Peacock Garden Luxury Hotel
- The Peacock Garden Bohol Province/Baclayon