We were just here today June 3, we stayed for 2 nights. Like the previous review, it did feel like we were the only guests there. We saw about 4 people in the restaurant area and then 2 people in the pool when we got there. After that, we didn't see any other guests anymore. Kinda creepy but I guess it's good. I'd rather have it like that than have way too many people checked in.
Rooms were good, I liked the balcony and the bathroom. Huge room too. EXCEPT for one thing: for a boutique hotel they had crappy pillows. They're really thin, when you lay your head on it, it doesn't feel like there's a pillow. I also feel they could use thicker bed sheets for people like me who get cold easily. Also the hotel had neighbors who were having karaoke nights or something, we can hear them from our room. :|
Hotel staff were really nice though! All very friendly.
Restaurant was good too. I didn't like it that much but my partner did - they had a very German-oriented menu as I suppose it was owned by a German.
Must-try: their spa. It's one of the most beautiful spas I've seen! The masseuse though kept calling me "miss" haha. Pretty hilarious but it was a very relaxing experience anyway. (There was a tokay gecko while we were being massaged hahaha! It kept saying "tu-ko")
If you go there, try to look for the peacock! I was looking for it as it is after all, called the Peacock Garden. Turns out, it was just in front of our room! I didn't get to see it spread its tail feather though. There was no female peacock but maybe you'll get lucky!
Overall we highly recommend this place! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peacock Garden is a boutique hotel and spa located on the island of Bohol, featuring a distinct blend of Old World ambience and Filipino hospitality. An idyllic retreat - tucked away on a hilltop and spread over 11 hectares - welcomes guests to sprawling gardens, luxury rooms, and stunning views of the Bohol Sea. With its tranquil environment, the island's finest dining experience, natural spa treatments, and captivating sea views, The Peacock Garden is the ideal hideaway for a romantic holiday, wedding weekend, or special event. It is a 15-minute drive from Tagbilaran City, and eco-cultural, beach, and outdoor activities are offered nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Peacock Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peacock Garden Hotel Baclayon
- Peacock Garden Luxury Hotel
- The Peacock Garden Bohol Province/Baclayon