“Very Quiet Resort”
Review of The Peacock Garden

The Peacock Garden
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Baclayon
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We were just here today June 3, we stayed for 2 nights. Like the previous review, it did feel like we were the only guests there. We saw about 4 people in the restaurant area and then 2 people in the pool when we got there. After that, we didn't see any other guests anymore. Kinda creepy but I guess it's good. I'd rather have it like that than have way too many people checked in.

Rooms were good, I liked the balcony and the bathroom. Huge room too. EXCEPT for one thing: for a boutique hotel they had crappy pillows. They're really thin, when you lay your head on it, it doesn't feel like there's a pillow. I also feel they could use thicker bed sheets for people like me who get cold easily. Also the hotel had neighbors who were having karaoke nights or something, we can hear them from our room. :|

Hotel staff were really nice though! All very friendly.

Restaurant was good too. I didn't like it that much but my partner did - they had a very German-oriented menu as I suppose it was owned by a German.

Must-try: their spa. It's one of the most beautiful spas I've seen! The masseuse though kept calling me "miss" haha. Pretty hilarious but it was a very relaxing experience anyway. (There was a tokay gecko while we were being massaged hahaha! It kept saying "tu-ko")

If you go there, try to look for the peacock! I was looking for it as it is after all, called the Peacock Garden. Turns out, it was just in front of our room! I didn't get to see it spread its tail feather though. There was no female peacock but maybe you'll get lucky!

Overall we highly recommend this place! :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 3, 2012

After going through the resort’s location, amenities, tour offerings and reviews, I found myself booking a weekend stay with Peacock. The reservation went smoothly; with Honey Lyn and Hazel assisting me with my every inquiry and request. The day before our flight, they sent me a text message informing me about our transportation details – with the name of the driver along with make / model of the van. So with much anticipation and excitement, we flew to Bohol to celebrate our anniversary.

As soon as we exited the airport, we saw someone holding a carved wooden sign board with my name on it. It really pops from the sea of makeshift signs. As soon as I was able to confirm that it was Ely, our driver, he immediately grabbed our bags and led us to a waiting shed, and hurriedly went to the van (and insisted that we do not walk with him to where it was parked because it was far).

By the way, the Tagbilaran airport is not as “organized” as the other airports, no air-conditioning, with only a few monobloc chairs to sit on while you’re waiting for your bags. Some may find it chaotic; but we were just up for anything, so no major expectations were shot down.

The 20-minute land trip to the hotel was uneventful - which was good - given the frenzy in the airport. Two beeps served as a signal for the guard on duty to open the wonderfully-accentuated gate of The Peacock Garden.

The façade was imposing. We were greeted by a lush garden, with several Roman-inspired statues and fountains. We were received very warmly. One of the wait staff welcomed us with cold towels and iced teas. As we arrived at 10am, we did not encounter any problems re: early check in. In fact, since they knew our flight schedule back to Manila, they even offered a late check out on our last day.

Cherry accompanied us to our room. We went through the main entrance, which was also the main entrance to the Old Heidelberg the resort's restaurant. We passed through the Patio, which extends until the Infinity pool. Our room was at the second floor of the third tower and the moment we entered the room, amongst everything that’s nice, the Lavender candles that I requested for were there.

The devil is in the details – and heck, Mr. Schoof sure made it a point to not miss a thing. From the intricate Coconut tree carvings on the bed, closet, lamp shade, and tables - down to the door screw of the closet, it was just really impressive. The effect of the main room light on the ceiling was just genius. Even the paint that they used is of quality. Never had the chance of meeting the owner as we were told that he was out for the weekend, but my partner and I would have loved to give our compliments to him personally.

For our first day, we had our lunch and dinner at the hotel. They make their own bread and it is best paired with their signature Herb Butter. We had Schnitzel “Vienna style” and Grilled Homemade Bratwurst for lunch, paired with beer. For Dinner, we had Chicken Cordon Bleu and Pork Tenderloin Medallion with Pommery Mustard Sauce, this time, paired with wine. Thumbs up, Chef Klaus.

But what made the experience really engaging is the Old Heidelberg staff. They were very knowledgeable about the menu, making informed recommendations every time.

After our first lunch in Peacock, we decided to stroll around with the aid of the detailed key card holder (with markings as to where the each amenity is at). A few moments later, we found ourselves playing Ping Pong at the Games Area. Never got to the Wine Cellar and the Disco; they were closed for the entire duration of our stay. We learned that there’s a DJ on Fridays and Saturdays, he was just out for that weekend. All’s good, we just headed to our room after wandering around and slept the entire afternoon away. As we make a living out of high-stress jobs, it was such a treat to have unadulterated rest.

For our second day, had our breakfast at the resto. The meal was very filling. Preferences vary but for us, the entire breakfast offering was really good.

After breakfast, we went on a “Bohol Tour” that we booked via the hotel. For 3,800 Php, it was well worth it. We had our own car / driver (Joseph), and we were accompanied by a DOT (Department of Tourism) - accredited tour guide (Agnes) for the whole day. You can settle the tour bill when you check out; and they give you all the receipts for all the places that you went to (Entrance Fees, Meal Stubs, Guide fee…) so you really know where your money went.

Our itinerary:
AM / Before Lunch:
- Tarsier Conservation Area in Loboc
- Chocolate Hills
- Simply Butterflies Conservation Center in Bilar
- Man – Made Forest in Bilar
PM / Lunch Time
- Loboc River Cruise (Village Floating Resto and Cruises)
- Baclayon Church
- Blood Compact Shrine
- Souvenir Shop (Make sure to get their Ube Kalamay and Peanut Kisses!)

We heard that Bohol also has its own version of “Chorizo”, so we decided to go and look for it. It was right in front of Baclayon Church, just by the water. Apart from the Chorizo, we got ourselves several barbeque sticks and “puso”. We saw locals eating all kinds of grilled meat, pairing it with beer. Bohol’s chorizo version was “ok”, we just think that Cebu’s Chorizo is still unbeaten in this meat category.

Seeing the locals drinking by the shore, I thought of getting myself a drink or two at the resort’s restaurant. The Harvery Wallbanger gave me a good hit; but the Long Island Ice Tea did the trick.

Full, giddy and satisfied, we went back to our room where we enjoyed chatting over a couple of beers. A few moments later, we ended up watching our favourite series, thanks to the awesome speed of their wifi that we were able to download the latest episode in a jiffy. We got our internet connection for no extra charge. The entire resort is wifi-enabled, though the connection is at its fastest in our room.

30 minutes since we pressed the play button - we just drifted to sleep. Wasn’t so hard to do you know, when the air-conditioning is good, and the bed proved to be therapeutic. Plus the pillows were just the way we wanted them to be – and they sure felt like they were stuffed with down feathers.

For three mornings I have been greeted by the captivating view of the sea, with the Pamilacan Island in sight. I couldn’t think of a better way to appreciate and marvel at such beauty while the sun sets than being in the Infinity Pool. This has got to be the best amenity Peacock has. We took a dip at the pool three times during our stay – and there was never a time that the life guard forgot to give us our towels. We knew he was in the area but he kept his distance. He was very attentive and mindful. That goes for the rest of the staff, actually.

It’s great to know that for four years, they haven’t let the magic fade away, which happens to most (if not all) establishments. True that this isn’t a beach front hotel and that there’s nothing much going on. But for some, simply watching the calm waters from the hilltop, or going on a staring game with someone you love is so much better than partying / frolicking on the beach.

I could personally say that the good reviews are true. That's why we'd definitely stay here again. :)

Room Tip: I'd still go for the Deluxe Sea View Room - It's not right in front of the Infinity Pool whe...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank EYLAH44
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This is going to be a long review and story, but it needs to be told to help others make a better judgment before booking a room here. Check my reviews, I don’t exaggerate, I tell it like it is and tell it for what I see. I have nothing invested to lie or stretch the truth in any of my reviews, if you read all of the review you will have plenty of information to make an educated decision to stay here or not. What I first have to say is that I am shocked by all the four and five stars this resort is getting on trip advisor. Has it become the norm to accept mediocre accommodations nowadays? For the cost of staying here, this resort does not deserve 4 or 5 stars for any reason. Nor is this a five star resort, they have a long way to go before we would even consider it as such. We don’t settle for mediocre.

There are very few high end places to stay in Bohol, and as I know this is the only one on the main island and it is very far from the city, about 30 minutes away by car. Overall the accommodations in Bohol seem so-so and not what you would get in other cities. This island is still developing it seems. However, for the money some of these resorts are pumping into their properties you would think they would do it right the first time, but no, they don’t. So on with the review…

Let me first start off with the positives of this resort.

Positives:

Resort Itself / Grounds:

Firstly the grounds of the resort are huge and quite beautiful and well maintained. The resort has its own security and so you should feel safe here. What you pay for is the security, with any large resort that is a part of the cost. People informed us that in Bohol there really isn’t any need for private security, but I would rather pay a little more to get it.

We walked around the resort the first day we got there, it probably took us an hour as we walked around taking photos and enjoying the peacefulness of the resort. We probably could have spent more time walking to other areas, but it was a bit too hot in the afternoon that day.

Pool:

The infinity pool is the best pool at any hotel I have ever seen. It is huge and it overlooks the ocean and lush vegetation in front of it. The main road actually passes in front of the water, but you can’t see it, nor can you hear any cars on the road, the hotel is pushed way back from the main road, I would say a good 2km from the main road. The pool is clean and well maintained.

Empty Resort:

The first day we were there, we swear we were the only guests at the hotel, we had the entire resort, including the pool to ourselves. The resort was empty. It could have been the time of year that the first group cleared out and we hit it at the right time/or wrong time, see the negatives below. The resort is peaceful and we couldn’t believe our luck, or was it unlucky, see negatives below. I don’t know, but anyway, on with positives for now.

Buggy Adventure:

This resort owns the buggies, it is easy to book them and a fun adventure. This was the most fun thing of our entire stay at this resort. The mud buggy adventure was fun. They are mud buggies, and if it rains and you do not want to get muddy do not drive fast. The guide may not let you drive fast either, I’m not sure, we didn’t go overly fast but it was still fun, it takes about 1-2 hours and you might get dirty. We had the hotel wash our pants for us as we did get somewhat muddy, the cost of having the wash the pants is reasonable and their service is good. The lady who helped us, and I wish I could remember her name, was very very nice. She had short hair, slightly older than some of the other staff, but a great person and a great service provider; she was really the only person we were pleased with during our stay. Before you can ride in the buggies you will need to sign a release that they are not responsible should something happen, make sure you have trip insurance that covers accidents before you do this. Honestly it is not that dangerous, there are a few sections that are a little tricky, but the road is big enough that you don’t really have to worry, to be honest we kind of laughed at what they considered dangerous when we got the point of the adventure where they said was dangerous, there was really nothing dangerous about it. But if you drive fast, if the road is wet, and you are not paying attention you could quite possibly roll the buggy down the hill and get severely hurt or even get killed, so pay attention during certain areas, other than that, it’s fun, don’t think too much, just do it!

Restaurant:

The restaurant is nice; it’s big and very well decorated. The one thing I can say is that decorations at the resort are beautiful, it was designed very elegantly with a touch of history involved, we enjoyed that part of it. The owner has a very nice collection of things from Germany that he shows off. He has a very nice collection of beer steins also. Impressive decorations. The chef seems to be able to cook just about anything, the food was pretty good, he even made me a birthday cake, that was nice of the hotel to do that and very much appreciated.

We met the owner on several occasions, usually he makes his rounds during dinner time and asks everyone how things are. He seems friendly.

Rooms:

Rooms were generally nice, small, but similar to other resorts we stayed. The balconies could be bigger, but it was still nice to have them as we could sit outside and read and look at the view. The rooms were clean, looked new. The décor was great, they used an old touch but they do not look old. However, if they don’t keep up with maintenance and painting after a few years it may start to look old.

Location:

Well, for some it’s a great location, and for others it will be a bad location. Let me explain… The resort is located about 20km from the airport, and the city, so to get to the city you need at least 30 minutes, the closet restaurant is 10 minutes away by shuttle, which you need to pay for. The resort only has one restaurant, and it gets old eating there every night.

If you want some place quiet without people around, then this is the place for you because there is literally no one around, it’s quiet, peaceful and far away from the masses. If you don’t care about food then stay here.

Negatives:

Now for the negatives and I am going to be tough on this resort because I feel for a high end place that charges much more than other hotels, they should live up to the cost and the reputation they believe they are. They failed miserably!

Restaurant:

There is only one restaurant in the entire resort it’s where you eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, the menu is limited and the plates are small. The first day we were there the breakfast was not a buffet, as we were the only ones eating we had to order off the menu, but at least we could order more than one dish, but it was very very simple and very limited. On the second through fourth days we were there, there was a buffet, a very small buffet, and not what you would think about for a five star resort, the buffet was very limited, and some of the dishes were not very good. Some of them were good, but some were not, and frankly the offerings were just too small. I think part of the reason was just because of the too few guests that were staying there, but they should have made better accommodations for the folks that were staying at the resort.

We didn’t eat lunch, so we cannot comment on that, so let’s move to dinner. The dishes are not tiny, but they are quite small, for most people probably it might just be enough, but the cost is quite high, I think the average per dish is about US$15-20. I will say their chef or chefs are very good though, they can cook just about anything and it will taste very good. The food tasted great, just that it got rather old eating it everyday.

Location of Resort and Transportation Costs to the City:
If you want to leave the hotel to go eat the hotel has a shuttle that can take you into the city for 400p. And if you want to come back by the shuttle it will cost you 400p more. So a round trip would be 800p. It’s quite expensive. Forget about getting a tricycle to come get you and you wouldn’t want to anyway, it would take you an hour to get into Tagbilaran. From the crab place just down the street on the main road from the hotel, it took us 30 minutes to come back to the resort, I felt sorry for the driver and gave him an extra 100p as his tricycle couldn’t even make it up the hill, we had to get out and walk part of the way and the price we paid of only 250p probably didn’t cover his gas to get there and back as he didn’t have any customers to go back down the hill. Even though the price was reasonable, around 250p, I think, it just wasn’t worth it. There are few taxi’s in Bohol. So basically if you stay at the Peacock Garden you are pretty much stuck unless you don’t mind paying the 800p to get into the city. Frankly at 10,000p + per night the resort should include transportation for free outside the hotel, but it is a way for them to make more money and I think they rent out the shuttles, they do not belong to the hotel I think. Anyway, I suppose if you can afford to stay here you can’t really complain about the extra costs too much. We did take the shuttle into the city and back on another night as we wanted to go shopping and eat something different. The food at the hotel just gets old, there are such little things to choose from on the menu. It was good the first two nights but after that it got old.

Tricycles in Tagbilaran run about 10p per section, it is quite cheap to get around the city, this is just for your reference. For example from mall to mall it costs us about 40-60p I think, I cannot remember exactly but it was reasonable. Outside of the main city however, prices vary.

Water/Plumbing Problems:

The biggest problem with our stay is the following section, we find it ridiculous and offending that the resort could not take care of the following problems, this is what, for us, makes it impossible for us to stay here again. We simply would not be able to trust them after our experience. From the first night we stayed here we had water problems. When we first got into the shower the water changed from freezing cold to scalding hot, both my wife and I felt this is not reasonable for a five star expensive resort. We both were burned several times, not enough to go to the hospital, but enough to warn us to be very careful when showering as the water changed from hot to cold instantly without warning, it is very serious! I called the front desk after taking the shower and informed them of the problem. I asked for a manager as I didn’t even want to deal with the normal staff, this was a serious problem and they needed to take care of it immediately. When I informed them of the problem they told me they had no idea of the problem and told me they would look into it immediately. We were offered another room, but we asked them to check the water problem in that room first before we would move anywhere. The water problem was resort wide, so we stayed in our initial room. Because we were there on a weekend, we were told by the resort owner the next morning (the big German guy) at breakfast that there was nothing they could do about it until Monday as no one was working. At a five star resort you don’t tell a customer there is nothing that can be done until Monday, what you do is fix the problem immediately or you offer a refund, it’s that simple!

The next night the water problem was slightly better but now we had lower pressure and the hot/cold situation was still there. So, now it’s Monday and we ended up in a different room due to other problems, hot water problem still there, nothing changed, we had to be careful not to burn ourselves again, hot to cold hot cold, nothing changed. I informed the front desk yet again, this was like the third time, I was becoming increasing frustrated and annoyed but it was also getting to the point where I felt what was the use of calling them because nothing was going to be fixed! On the fourth night, and if I can figure out how to upload a video to trip advisor you will see just how terrible the situation became. Now, not only did we have a water problem we simple just did not have any hot water at all! If you turned the faucet to hot you got a trickle and then it stopped. It was Tuesday night now and we were leaving on Wednesday morning. The hot water was a drizzle coming out, we had no hot water, both my wife and I took cold showers and didn’t even bother informing the front desk of the problems, as we figured they knew and they didn’t care. We told them in the morning we checked out and all we got was sheepish grins and embarrassed looks, very disappointing. The fact is that these problems were never fixed throughout our entire stay, it is simple not acceptable for a resort of this caliber not to fix the problem or offer a full refund. The one thing we cannot tolerate is water problems when staying at a high class resort. We believe that this resort is highly over rated and is not really a high class place and does not deserve a five star rating.

Noisy Guests / Poor Management Decisions:

On the second night we were here there were a few more guests who checked in, I think all of two to three more. The hotel decided to put all the guests in the same area as where we were staying. Why they did this makes no sense. So anyway, right when we decided to go to bed we heard lots of noise coming from our neighbor, it persisted, and they started smoking outside on the balcony also, so we called the front desk. They once again extended an invitation to us to move rooms, and at this point we took it because we didn’t want to be bothered, we had had enough. The new room was bigger and the bed was better as the foot bed frame was lower as explained above. This solved the noise problem for the rest of our stay. However, the fact remains with so many empty rooms why did they have to put everyone together? It also showed us that the walls are paper thin and the smoke from neighbors balconies flow through the doors quite well.

Safety:

Another issue we had was that the balcony doors do not close well, thus mosquitos come in and it is a safety problem, although the hotels has security guards for the grounds, they don’t really have security for the rooms, so your neighbors could technical break into your room and no one would ever know it. Make sure you use the security boxes for anything and everything of any value.

I highly regret not asking for a full refund after the problems we experienced, we will never again tolerate such irresponsibility from a so called, high end resort. This is just unacceptable.

I don’t know why I will bother to do this, but ok if people really want to stay here then you have to consider the following.

Bed Frame:

If you are over 6ft tall, do not get the cheapest room, as your feet will be bound at the bottom of the bed because the bed frame is not flat. Opt for a larger room and the bed frame becomes flat and you can rest your feet over the top of the frame rather than hitting it and not being able to sleep straight. See photos of the room and you will see what I mean, if I can upload some I will. If you are tall choose the premier infinity and sea view room because the bed frame in the other rooms is too high and your feet will not be comfortable while sleeping. The premier infinity rooms are slightly larger but the best thing is the bed frame at the foot of the bed is lower so the tops of your feet can go over the top of it rather than be constrained.

Ask the hotel before you book if the water problems have been solved, I somehow doubt they will tell the truth.

Poor Follow-up Service:

In addition after we came home I sent an email to the hotel requesting that they send me the owner’s email address so I could address problems with him directly. The result was that they didn’t even bother replying to my email. It’s been six months since we stayed at the resort and until now there has not been a reply and I am sure we will not get one. They were very eager and fast to reply to every question before we paid and booked the room, but once we paid and booked the service stopped. A huge failure on the part of the resort, the management and the staff. It’s actually very sad that they didn’t take more care to fix the problems and actually try to improve their service. I believe the owner needs to take more care to insure problems are taken care of quickly and that guests are satisfied, there is so much room for improvement here, but it just seems the laid back lazy attitude of the staff and management will never see this.

So in closing, would we stay here again? No, we wouldn’t and the reason is very simply, management is severely lacking. The water problem probably won’t ever be fixed and if it is fixed I would not be surprised if it breaks again. There appears to be some issues with pumps and heating water, with an owner from Germany this should be a simple fix for him, the Germans are so great for engineering and fixing things that we just can’t understand why the water problems were not fixed immediately, excuses aren’t acceptable.

I have been pondering whether to give this resort a 2 or a 3, and after writing this all out have decided to give it a 2 due to such lack of management and problem solving, the water issues are just not acceptable. In addition one has to consider that paying over 10,000p a night in the Philippines for a hotel is really expensive, and in this case you do not get what you pay for at all, this resort is severely overpriced and thus another reason for the poor rating on this resort, we expected much more for the price. Perhaps our expectation was too high but in a country like the Philippines if you pay such a high price you should expect more, unfortunately we just didn’t see it. On check out I should mention that the hotel decided to cover the cost of our countryside trip, but honestly this didn’t come close to what we should have been refunded based on all the problems we had. I would think twice before staying here, or better yet think twice before you decide to come to Bohol at all, as I said, very good accommodations are limited. The Peacock Garden is probably the best in Tagbilaran area. The other resort we stayed in while in Bohol was the Amorita Resort on Alona Beach, you will find my review of that resort also, and that resort didn’t fare much better than the Peacock Garden as it had problems too, the only difference being you are in Panglao on the beach, the experience was quite different. In Bohol you get what you pay for doesn’t really apply, you overpay and get less is what we basically found. Bohol is a nice place, but overpriced.

If you have any questions about our stay at the Peacock Garden Resort or about our visit to Bohol, please do not hesitate to ask. There are many other reviews from us about the island. I hope you enjoyed reading our review, any comments or questions are welcome.

Room Tip: If you are tall choose the premier infinity and sea view room because the bed frame in the other roo...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
21  Thank CrunchyMonkey
ThePeacockGarden, Manager at The Peacock Garden, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear crunchymonkey,

Thank you for your review. We take your comments seriously, and the points you have outlined will help us improve on our shortcomings.

We are happy to learn you liked the well-maintained grounds, the food, and the buggy ride; it is nice to know as well you consider our infinity pool the best you have seen. We are also glad to learn you liked our decor - these items have all been personally collected and put together by the owner because of his interests in art, history, and travel.

As you said, it may be a matter of preference whether one enjoys a place away from the crowds and the more tourist-heavy areas; most of our guests do consider the peacefulness and seclusion a positive feature of the hotel.

It is with deep regret that we failed to live up to your expectations; we would like to comment on a few of your points:

Restaurant pricing - We strive to achieve a balance between providing quality dining at a reasonable cost. Your comment on serving size is surprising, as most feedback in the past has been that our portions are relatively large. At the restaurant we employ an experienced German chef and use many of the same ingredients as 5-star hotels in Manila. As such we would not fall under the category of most establishments along Alona or Tagbilaran and would likely cost more. However, as with our rooms, we do ensure our food and beverage prices are competitive with other high-end establishments in Bohol.

Transportation costs - You mentioned taking a shuttle to the city - you may be referring to the car hire service (used to make up for the lack of taxis outside of Tagbilaran) that we call on your behalf. We would like to clarify that we quote their transportation rates without adding a commission or markup.

Water problem - We apologize for the water problems you experienced. We did look into it the same night it was brought to our attention and called in a team over the weekend to remedy the situation. It was unfortunate we could not fix the entirety of it during your stay, however we have since addressed this problem.

We do apologize that you felt we did not care about your concerns and that we failed to perceive your continued unhappiness with the hotel after you were transferred to another room category - we would have gladly offered to transfer you to another hotel more suitable to your standards.

We are sorry to learn you expected much more from of us and Bohol, in general. Your detailed feedback including the rest of your points have been shared with the owners, management, and the departments involved, and these will be used as a source of improvement for all areas where possible.

With kind regards,
Amanda Iliscupides

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stayed: April 5-8, 2012 (Holy Week)
Room: Deluxe Seaview

Likes:
-Before entering the resort, you'd definitely know right away that the owner spent aloooot of money building the resort. Carved Gates & heavy security before entering. Alot of mahogany trees inside.
-Their spa is awesome! Worth every penny.
-Great architecture
-Great landscape
-Inifinity Pool
-Friendly owner.

Dislikes:
-Food wasn't that impressive
-Yes, the resort was nice, but somehow, it looks sad.
-It's not beachfront. (BTW, I didnt book this particular vacay. I would have chosen a beach front.)
-They could've informed us regarding our Balicasag Island Tour. They didn't tell us that lunch wasnt included, that we had to pay for a table and that the Dolphin Watching is from 6-10am. You wouldn't expect someone sitting on a boat w/o having to pee for 4 hours, I couldnt. We only brought several hundred pesos from us to tip the bangkeros. We ended up having to bring our dolphin spotter to the resort so we can give him and the guys a tip (we had to wait outside the resort for several minutes because they didnt want to let the guy in).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Empress1866
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed there for 3D/2N last June 2011 and I've got nothing but good praises for this hotel.
From the moment we are picked up at the airport from checking in at the hotel, everything is hassle free. Welcome drinks and towels are served, we are pampered so much by the staff. The rooms are GREAT (everything that you'll expect from a AAA hotel)!!! Infinity pool has a good view of the surrounding island and mountains. Once you step out of the pool, somebody will going to hand you a towel instantly. How cool is that?! Food didn't disappoint. They also serve yummy mango chili coriander ice cream. Aside from that; the owner itself is friendly to it's guest.
Overall, it's a great experience staying at Peacock garden. AAA indeed.

** They also provide cheap tour package around Bohol! :)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mutyamoi
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The hotel is just wonderful. Perched on a hilltop, it has a nice view of the sea.. The infinity pool was awesome. My daughter enjoyed every minute swimming. They have a great staff to assist every where (pool, yard and restaurant).. Breakfast was always good. Through the hotel services, we had a nice tour around the area that took us to the usual places- Chocolate Hills, Tarsier Sanctuary and lunch on a boat by the Loboc river, etc.. Definitely a good family place ",)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Peacock Garden is truly a five star hotel that will worth every penny you spent... It is freakin'clean, well maintained and intricately designed. They have well trained crews that always carry a big and sincere smile. They have awesome infinity pool which is breath taking ang i could hardly stop myself from swimming the entire night. Breakfast is served from 8 to 11am which is really suited for late sleepers like us. They also provide life guard from morning til night. Food is great and provides additional service in arranging side trips within the city. BEST HOTEL EVER!

Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank freakineat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baclayon
Amun Ini Beach Resort & Spa
40 mi away
Blue Star Dive & Resort
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Boho...
#1 of 12 in Tagbilaran City
J&R Residence
J&R Residence
#2 of 6 in Anda
Anda White Beach Resort
Amorita Resort
Amorita Resort
#1 of 16 in Panglao

Been to The Peacock Garden? Share your experiences!