“Wonderful”
Review of The Peacock Garden

The Peacock Garden
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Baclayon
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The hotel is just wonderful. Perched on a hilltop, it has a nice view of the sea.. The infinity pool was awesome. My daughter enjoyed every minute swimming. They have a great staff to assist every where (pool, yard and restaurant).. Breakfast was always good. Through the hotel services, we had a nice tour around the area that took us to the usual places- Chocolate Hills, Tarsier Sanctuary and lunch on a boat by the Loboc river, etc.. Definitely a good family place ",)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Peacock Garden is truly a five star hotel that will worth every penny you spent... It is freakin'clean, well maintained and intricately designed. They have well trained crews that always carry a big and sincere smile. They have awesome infinity pool which is breath taking ang i could hardly stop myself from swimming the entire night. Breakfast is served from 8 to 11am which is really suited for late sleepers like us. They also provide life guard from morning til night. Food is great and provides additional service in arranging side trips within the city. BEST HOTEL EVER!

Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank freakineat
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed there for 5 nights- a lovely setting, particularly enjoyed sitting on the the balcony with views of the sea and gardens. The room, food and service were good. It was relaxing to stroll across to the restaurant each evening, there was a menu of the day in addition to the standard menu. The hotel was quite empty most of the time we were there, so instead of a breakfast buffet we had individual service, which was excellent and still provided a good choice. The pool was lovely, and again we had it to ourselves the times we went swimming.

The hotel staff arranged a couple of day trips for us at reasonable cost, a car picked us up and dropped us off at the hotel. One of these was a tour with a guide, which took in the usual places- Chocolate Hills, Tarsier Sanctuary and lunch on a river-boat etc. The other time we just had a driver and toured Panglao island- the advantage being that we could go as and when/where we pleased. The Spa was also very good.

The only slight negative was that as the hotel was quite empty most of the time, they should have 'spread out' the occupied rooms a bit better, as we had people in the next room and therefore did not have a sense of privacy when sitting on the balcony.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Staying here was a great experience. The staff is wonderfully attentive and really did their best to accomodate our request. The food is good although somewhat lacking in choices. They take care of booking tours for you, just tell them what you want to do. I guess the only caveat is the location -- if you plan on really exploring Bohol, this might not be the best location for you. This luxury hotel I think would be more suited for couples who prefer the privacy and ambiance. The view from the pool is absolutely excellent!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eltsyrk
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This hotel is my favorite so far! it made our stay in Bohol our favorite out of town trip as well. It is indeed a sweet combination! It is actually a little above our budget but we were able to book the hotel through a promo on DealGrocer. The moment we arrived at the airport we were fetched by a van which looks like an RV, and made us think that this would really be a luxurious vacation.

The staff that greeted us at the hotel were very warm and friendly and they gave us our cold towels and iced tea immediately for a refreshing arrival. The ambiance at the hotel grounds is very relaxing, the beautiful infinity pool and well-kept garden landscape made the view even more breathtaking. Every one of their staff greeted us with smiles whenever we passed by. It's just a happy feeling to be around the hotel, and it calmed our stress from the city life.

The service is excellent, in that, you know that you're in a luxury hotel with the service they provide. The room, the bathroom, the spa, and all the amenities are classy. Complimentary fresh fruits, coffee, tea and water in our room. Big screen TV and DVD. Fresh beach towels every time you go for a swim and there's always a lifeguard on duty whether there's only 2 or 3 of you swimming. And a supply of peanut kisses every night. sweet. :)

The food is superb which is a big plus for us. It is expensive but not overpriced, you get what you pay for plus a sense of satisfaction. The complimentary breakfast is also wonderful, we were stuffed with good food from the hotel during our whole stay. We even had the opportunity to meet the owner at dinner. He greeted us and asked how our stay was and simply told us to enjoy our dinner. He was a lovely man.

We also arranged our tours through the hotel. They were efficient and accommodating with our requests. and they don't charge extra for the tours, they give us the price that the tour agencies give them and they gave us all the receipts that were paid for during the tour.

We didn't have enough time to swim in the beach, we just saw it at night at one of our tours because we only spent two nights in Bohol. We are certainly going back to experience the pristine white sand beaches of Bohol, and Peacock Garden will be on top of our list. I just hope we get another promo... :)

All in all, it was a wonderful experience to see the beautiful island of Bohol and we're so happy to have booked our stay at the unique Peacock Garden Resort and Spa. It was an unforgettable vacation, and a very pleasurable one at that. We are so excited to go back!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KCpekas
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I would rate this a 4.5 stars actually…

Positives
- Excellent service! All their staff were very polite, professional, always smiling, and eager to help. Also, when we were out walking around the grounds one night with my children, my 2 year old daughter wanted to be carried, and a staff offered a stroller to us without us even asking for it. Pool attendants were fast in bringing us towels. Restaurants staff were also very attentive. We asked for watermelon during breakfast (eventhough it wasn’t offered at the breakfast buffet) and they still accommodated our request.

- Huge rooms, comfortable bed/pillows/linens. DVD player a definite plus.
- I like how we can walk out of our room directly to the pool area.
- Beautiful swimming pool with a breath-taking view of the ocean
- Delicious food at their restaurant (order the Veal, it’s really good!)

Negatives
- Location not too ideal since it’s far from the beach
- The charge of P400-P500/way to go to an outside restaurant is quite steep I think.
- We wanted to go to Panglao one time to catch the sunset and we were told that a car was available “now”. We ended up waiting about half an hour for the car before it arrived and we ended up missing the sunset. Lesson: you have to book a car ahead of time to make sure it is available at your desired time.

Other suggestions:
- Maybe they can offer reasonable tours for guests to choose from early on? It’s better to know what our options are, instead of us asking.

Overall, a wonderful trip for my family. Thank you Peacock Garden.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cyeson
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I don't really know what to say that dozens of people haven't already said. This place is excellent, the staff is superb, and the food is by far the best that I have had anywhere in Philippines.

The ambiance and feel of the grounds/resort is phenomenal. Nowhere else have I come across such a feeling in Philippines. Most places either try to hard and come across as severely gaudy, maybe they go too far and it feels stuffy, or they just oversell and the place suffers because of it. That is not the case here at Peacock. The grounds are immaculately kept, this place truly deserves the name of Peacock Garden, you could easily spend an afternoon wondering around this place with your significant other enjoying the flowers and trees.

The service at Peacock is top notch, definitely some of the best staff that I have found in Philippines. I would be hard pressed to think of another that has treated me with the same level of hospitality. As my girlfriend put it, they are simply disciplined. Nothing feels like it is forced, the staff seem to generally want you to enjoy yourself not simply going through the motions that is expected of them and it shows. Every person that you cross will greet you with a smile and a salutation, almost like being back home in my small rural town.

The food is nothing but phenomenal, and don't forget to ask about what they may be serving off menu! We had some of the best food that I have experienced here, and by far the best steak that I have had in Asia to date. Claus (the chef) really knows his way around the kitchen. Whether it was Filipino, US, Australian, or German dishes they all taste delicious. His lamb shank had everyone staring at my table when it was delivered. Also, make sure to try their chocolate mousse for desert! Yes, the food is expensive but it is phenomenal and cooked by a highly trained German chef. Also, all of their food is imported specifically for them. If you want quality (and I assume you do since you are willing to stay here and not a cheaper place) then you will have to pay for it.

The ability to book everything that you wanted right from the hotel and have them simply add it onto your checkout bill was quite nice. Normally I wouldn't think anything different about that, but here in the Philippines I have had almost all hotels ask that I pay for it separate. Also, anything that you book through the hotel will start on time! That is a big thing here, not many tours always start when they are supposed to and taxi's tend to show up 15 minutes late. Here our taxi was there 15 minutes before he was scheduled, and what a superb guide he was. Extremely accommodating, knowledgeable, and a great personality. My girlfriend never once had to open up her own car door in 3 days of riding with him, something that a lot of drivers forget to do for their female clients.

The only down sides to this place is the lack of WiFi in the room (you can get it on your patio), rooms could be a little larger for the money (but you aren't visiting Bohol to stay in the room are you?), and the bathrooms could definitely be renovated. While the bathrooms are fine by any standards they still leave just a bit lacking. For the price of the room I would have expected more then just a fiberglass shower/tub combo. It comes off a little cheap to me, and could easily be remedied.

Overall this place is amazing, and by far my favorite place in the Philippines so far. It is definitely a "can't miss" resort and will be our only option from here on out!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baclayon
Amun Ini Beach Resort & Spa
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Boho...
#1 of 12 in Tagbilaran City
J&R Residence
J&R Residence
#2 of 6 in Anda
40 mi away
Blue Star Dive & Resort
Anda White Beach Resort
Henann Resort Alona Beach

Been to The Peacock Garden? Share your experiences!