“It was a great stay.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Baclayon
Montreal, Canada
“It was a great stay.”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

My wife and I have been living in Canada for a lot of years until we decided to come to the Philippines and experience Bohol. We went to this resort last May with her extended family. I read a lot of reviews about the place but got a good deal from another website so we decided to check it out. 3D/2N it was WELL WORTH IT. The facilities were excellent, we felt like royalty all throughout our stay. Quality comes at a price. THE VIEW WAS AMAZING. Overlooking the sea from your balcony is something I've only seen in pictures. THERE'S NO COMPLAINS HERE. I have told about this gem of a place to my family and friends. Try their spa service and experience how it is to be genuinely pampered. EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. Thank you!

Room Tip: If you want a peaceful/relaxing vacation, try it!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Peacock Gardens and Resort is really beautiful. Everything took my breath when I saw it in person especially the view from the rooms. The pictures definitely do not do it justice.
The resort is classy and private. We stayed when the resort was fully booked but we didn't even feel it was fully booked because the other house guests and the staff respected our privacy. The staff were really helpful and friendly.

The food from the restaurant may seem quite expensive at first but the servings are big and the food is delicious. My family wasn't so hungry but after a tiring day of touring so we ordered room service with only 2 dishes. After the meal, we were all satisfied even if we were 5 and only ordered 2 dishes. The food is worth your money.

The deluxe room was pretty and spacious for 3 people but the premier room was gigantic. If you want to save, stay in the deluxe room because there isn't much difference. The differences are the premier room is more spacious, has a bathub, two sinks, better furniture and better view. The deluxe room will suffice for me.
I also heard that if you book the peacock suite, they will pick you up from the airport in a vintage Bentley.

We had vouchers thus had 50% off and then they gave us 2, 500 worth of credits which is like points you can redeem through food and tours. We used our points on transportation and tours so all of those were like free. Also since the resort is far from restaurants and such, they can avail of transportation for you even at 11 pm. We had dinner in Panglao Island when we were staying and they picked us up immediately when we called them at 11 pm.

I don't recommend the dolphin watching though. It wasted our time because we didn't see any dolphins. However try the firefly watching!

The place is very beautiful for garden weddings. The weather in bohol is bipolar. It can be sunny and rainy so be prepared! Good place for honeymooners, couples and people who want to relax!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dreamytraveler_11
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 13, 2011

the hotel is pricey, im lucky i got the chance to stay there through dealgrocer's promo. the hotel is excellent! they have friendly staff complete with bar, wine cellar, resto, spa. and they have the best infinity pool ever! its so beautiful. the place is really awesome and peaceful. the only thing i would want them to improve is their menu coz its quite limited, and how i wish they have beach front. but all in all, our stay was perfect!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Thanks to this beautiful place! The Peacock Garden is one of our favorite destination. My husband and I travels a lot and has been to few swanky hotels in the world but Peacock is the place we call "HOME" in Bohol. It has a breathtaking view of the sea , the best swimming pool ( very well maintained and safe), genuine service of the local staff , very friendly owners and most of all superb FOOD!!! I personally think that Peacock Garden is a world class hotel.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the premier infinity seaview RM
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JosieRoberts
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2011

my husband and i stayed in this hotel and we r so shocked that we thought that this hotel is on the beach, we r so upset that time but when we arrive in the hotel, gosh we cant believe how beautiful it is. the surroundings is so peaceful, the pool is so great (its like the water is coming down in the beach), the food is EXCELLENT (must try the beef fillet with wine sauce) and the crew are very hospitable. we hang out with the 2 bartenders (i forgot their names) at the restaurant, and we enjoyed alot. THUMBS UP for this hotel, u guys must come and see how beautiful and peaceful in this place.

we had a ride going to chocolate hills and other places in bohol but we didnt enjoy it, we went also to alona beach (we glad that we didnt get hotel near the beach because they r ugly.) if u want to stay in bohol, believe me, this place is great than in other place. :)

Room Tip: pick the room on the first floor
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shalou08
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We stayed at Peacock Garden on May 22 to May 24, 2011, and all I can say is, it was a perfect summer getaway.
Upon arriving at Tagbilaran Airport, a van from Peacock Garden came to pick us up. The driver (in house) is very friendly. Upon arriving at the hotel, I was immediately advised by the driver that they will take care of the luggage while I register. Upon registering, the person at the front desk served our welcome drinks and gave us a quick tour. When we got to our room, room service is already there with our luggage. All of their staff were super friendly. Few hours after, room service knocked and gave us bottled water and free packs of peanut kisses. Upon seeing my daughter, he gave us extra water and peanut kisses.
The room is very clean and cozy (Premier Infinity pool and sea view room). It has a small balcony with a very relaxing scenic view of the infinity pool. I can just sit there, relax and do nothing for the entire day. We grabbed our robes and headed to the pool, placed the bathrobes on a table and did a quick dip at the pool. Upon returning at the table, they already provided towels even though we did not ask for them. That's how great they are, they provide you with things that you need even before you think of asking for them.
The restaurant is also great, well designed and furnished. Food was fantastic. We love our room so much that we often opted for our food to be served at our room. They don't just deliver our orders, they serve them. Two waitresses came, set the table with mats, napkins, salt and pepper, etc with no extra charge (service charge). Food might look a bit pricey but it is worth it. One order is good for sharing. My wife's comment about their food "It was prepared and served with Love"
Each rooms has a port for internet connection via LAN. There was a problem with my laptop (I usually connect via wifi) where in LAN connection is not working because TCP/IP was not properly installed. They immediately offered some assistance. They sent someone to Tagbilaran (30-45min away) to buy me a plug-it modem (SMART Bro) and just charge it to my room. Again this was done with no extra cost or service charge.
We truly enjoyed our stay and will definitely go back. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank JonasPaulo
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed May 27, 2011

My wife found this place on the Dealgrocer website and was able to get a deal on a 3 day, 2 night stay at a Premier Room for 50% off and P2000 resort credits . We had never been to Bohol and since immediately after this trip, we'd be going abroad for a further holiday, I was hesitant about going. Let me just say, that immediately arriving at the resort, all my worries and hesitations evaporated.

We were met at Tagbilaran Airport by the hotel's coach driver. He was very helpful, nice and a delight to talk with when he found out that this was our first trip to Bohol.

Check in was a breeze and done very quickly. As our bags were brought to our room, a member of the hotel staff took us on a tour of the resort & grounds. As we came to the rear of the resort facing the sea, I was gobsmacked. The view of the sea was gorgeous and the infinity pool just begged to be used.

The room itself was very spacious, with a sizeable and comfortable bed, large dresser & drawers, and in-room safe. Heavy terry cloth bathrobes were available for us to use. The bathroom was clean, and the twin sink setup was a nice touch. WiFi was free and available in our room, with the signal just reaching poolside.

Breakfast was buffet style with a good variety of hot & cold foods. For lunch and dinner, there was only one menu to choose from, but the choices that were recommended we delicious. (I personally recommend the salmon as well as the bread dumpling in emmentaler cheese). A snack menu is also available.

Games such as billiards, ping-pong, and karaoke were available for use but we didn't partake. We more or less spent most of our time lounging about the infinity pool. (Very good, prompt service for towels & the lifeguard was ever present but not obtrusive.)

Our 2nd day there, we availed of the hotel's Bohol Tour, which we recommend to see the sights. (Skip the python). On our last night, we had a couples massage at the spa. It did not disappoint.

Overall, this place is a magnificent, luxurious place to getaway from it all. Note that this is a hilltop resort with no access to the beach. But the quiet, idyllic grounds and environment, along with the gorgeous pool more than made up for it. The staff was always friendly and helpful.

Only suggestion for an improvement is to have mesh or wire soapdishes in the shower. Or perhaps an in-wall holder. The present dish tended to become inundated with water, causing the soap to soften.

I'd definitely recommend this resort and we'd definitely come back to this place, even if we'd be paying full price. It's definitely worth it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ManilaRaf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baclayon
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Boho...
#1 of 11 in Tagbilaran City
Amorita Resort
Amorita Resort
#1 of 48 in Panglao Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,351 reviews

Been to The Peacock Garden? Share your experiences!