“My Dream Wedding in Peacock”
Review of The Peacock Garden

The Peacock Garden
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Baclayon
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Thanks to this beautiful place! The Peacock Garden is one of our favorite destination. My husband and I travels a lot and has been to few swanky hotels in the world but Peacock is the place we call "HOME" in Bohol. It has a breathtaking view of the sea , the best swimming pool ( very well maintained and safe), genuine service of the local staff , very friendly owners and most of all superb FOOD!!! I personally think that Peacock Garden is a world class hotel.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the premier infinity seaview RM
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JosieRoberts

Reviewed June 6, 2011

my husband and i stayed in this hotel and we r so shocked that we thought that this hotel is on the beach, we r so upset that time but when we arrive in the hotel, gosh we cant believe how beautiful it is. the surroundings is so peaceful, the pool is so great (its like the water is coming down in the beach), the food is EXCELLENT (must try the beef fillet with wine sauce) and the crew are very hospitable. we hang out with the 2 bartenders (i forgot their names) at the restaurant, and we enjoyed alot. THUMBS UP for this hotel, u guys must come and see how beautiful and peaceful in this place.

we had a ride going to chocolate hills and other places in bohol but we didnt enjoy it, we went also to alona beach (we glad that we didnt get hotel near the beach because they r ugly.) if u want to stay in bohol, believe me, this place is great than in other place. :)

Room Tip: pick the room on the first floor
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shalou08
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We stayed at Peacock Garden on May 22 to May 24, 2011, and all I can say is, it was a perfect summer getaway.
Upon arriving at Tagbilaran Airport, a van from Peacock Garden came to pick us up. The driver (in house) is very friendly. Upon arriving at the hotel, I was immediately advised by the driver that they will take care of the luggage while I register. Upon registering, the person at the front desk served our welcome drinks and gave us a quick tour. When we got to our room, room service is already there with our luggage. All of their staff were super friendly. Few hours after, room service knocked and gave us bottled water and free packs of peanut kisses. Upon seeing my daughter, he gave us extra water and peanut kisses.
The room is very clean and cozy (Premier Infinity pool and sea view room). It has a small balcony with a very relaxing scenic view of the infinity pool. I can just sit there, relax and do nothing for the entire day. We grabbed our robes and headed to the pool, placed the bathrobes on a table and did a quick dip at the pool. Upon returning at the table, they already provided towels even though we did not ask for them. That's how great they are, they provide you with things that you need even before you think of asking for them.
The restaurant is also great, well designed and furnished. Food was fantastic. We love our room so much that we often opted for our food to be served at our room. They don't just deliver our orders, they serve them. Two waitresses came, set the table with mats, napkins, salt and pepper, etc with no extra charge (service charge). Food might look a bit pricey but it is worth it. One order is good for sharing. My wife's comment about their food "It was prepared and served with Love"
Each rooms has a port for internet connection via LAN. There was a problem with my laptop (I usually connect via wifi) where in LAN connection is not working because TCP/IP was not properly installed. They immediately offered some assistance. They sent someone to Tagbilaran (30-45min away) to buy me a plug-it modem (SMART Bro) and just charge it to my room. Again this was done with no extra cost or service charge.
We truly enjoyed our stay and will definitely go back. I highly recommend this place.

2  Thank JonasPaulo
Reviewed May 27, 2011

My wife found this place on the Dealgrocer website and was able to get a deal on a 3 day, 2 night stay at a Premier Room for 50% off and P2000 resort credits . We had never been to Bohol and since immediately after this trip, we'd be going abroad for a further holiday, I was hesitant about going. Let me just say, that immediately arriving at the resort, all my worries and hesitations evaporated.

We were met at Tagbilaran Airport by the hotel's coach driver. He was very helpful, nice and a delight to talk with when he found out that this was our first trip to Bohol.

Check in was a breeze and done very quickly. As our bags were brought to our room, a member of the hotel staff took us on a tour of the resort & grounds. As we came to the rear of the resort facing the sea, I was gobsmacked. The view of the sea was gorgeous and the infinity pool just begged to be used.

The room itself was very spacious, with a sizeable and comfortable bed, large dresser & drawers, and in-room safe. Heavy terry cloth bathrobes were available for us to use. The bathroom was clean, and the twin sink setup was a nice touch. WiFi was free and available in our room, with the signal just reaching poolside.

Breakfast was buffet style with a good variety of hot & cold foods. For lunch and dinner, there was only one menu to choose from, but the choices that were recommended we delicious. (I personally recommend the salmon as well as the bread dumpling in emmentaler cheese). A snack menu is also available.

Games such as billiards, ping-pong, and karaoke were available for use but we didn't partake. We more or less spent most of our time lounging about the infinity pool. (Very good, prompt service for towels & the lifeguard was ever present but not obtrusive.)

Our 2nd day there, we availed of the hotel's Bohol Tour, which we recommend to see the sights. (Skip the python). On our last night, we had a couples massage at the spa. It did not disappoint.

Overall, this place is a magnificent, luxurious place to getaway from it all. Note that this is a hilltop resort with no access to the beach. But the quiet, idyllic grounds and environment, along with the gorgeous pool more than made up for it. The staff was always friendly and helpful.

Only suggestion for an improvement is to have mesh or wire soapdishes in the shower. Or perhaps an in-wall holder. The present dish tended to become inundated with water, causing the soap to soften.

I'd definitely recommend this resort and we'd definitely come back to this place, even if we'd be paying full price. It's definitely worth it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ManilaRaf
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Just came from the Peacock Garden Leisure Resort and Spa, and it was a blast! I'm from Manila and it was a good escape from the stress of work, traffic, pollution and noise that we experience everyday.

Found out about this resort in Deal Grocer. Fortunately, I was able to get a Premium Suite at 50% which turned out to be a good catch. When we arrived, after getting picked up at the Tagbilaran Airport, I was immediately amazed at what I saw. At first glance, the resort itself looked stunning. The rooms sit atop a small hill overlooking the sea and also sets up the resort's beautiful infinity pool. For a 3-day, 2-night stay, we definitely spent a good portion of our time there!

When we got rested, we spent a bit of time exploring the resort. It was then I noticed that the resort was really peaceful. No loud crowds, chatty neighbors or noisy honking cars. It was really a good place to relax, unwind and really soak in the Bohol weather which by the way is very breezy and not humid like here in the city.

The resort staff there are also very accommodating and friendly. They helped us fix our activities which included an off-road buggy ride on the first day and a Bohol Tour on the 2nd.

Only downside I would say would be the lack of variety of the food. There was only 1 menu for the restaurant, the bar, the outside dining area near the pool which kind of made the food taste the same on our last day. Also, while this shouldn't be a big concern for some, prices of food in the resort's restaurant are higher than most, even here in Manila. My family and I found ourselves looking at the snack menu a bit longer than the main menu. The food in the snack menu was fortunately big enough for all out appetites, but I would think they'd be a tad bit small for American and European guests. Other than these, I can't complain about the quality of the food. The chefs, I think, do a great job in that.

The privacy and exclusivity of the resort, I think, it it's main draw. This, however, does come with a quite considerable cost. The Premier Suite we had reserved (I got 2 rooms, because we were 4) would have cost P10,000/night, while the other rooms would have P8,000 and P7,000/night rates. There was also the big suite which I wouldn't know what the rate is (and wouldn't bother knowing I guess). The Deal Grocer offer really sweetened the deal here in my opinion, since it would have been a tad bit too much to get the regular rate. Again, for some, this may not be that big of an issue as well.

Overall, our visit to the resort was definitely memorable in many aspects. Service was top-notch. Rooms were excellent. The infinity pool and jacuzzi are one of a kind. If you want a place where you can go unwind and relax or to get away for a bit, and have the budget for it, then this is the place to go.

I hope to be able to go back someday.

Room Tip: Budget for it.
1  Thank yekimyekim
Reviewed May 7, 2011

While comparison shopping online to stay within my budget, I found what seemed to be a first-class destination at rates much lower than other area hotels. The Peacock is not right on the water, which is the only drawback compared to its competitors. You pay a higher price to have the water at your door. But area waters are rather shallow until you are a good distance from shore, more suited to snorkeling than swimming or scuba. The Peacock's lower rate may have something to do with its inland location.

But what a location it is! After turning off the coastal highway, you drive up to a hilltop, pass through a guarded gate, and come to a wide expanse of beautiful vegetation and architecture. Every room faces the water and there is an impressive view of it and the surrounding landscape. The enormous swimming pool right at the edge of the hill, also with a great view, will make you forget how far away the beach is.

The Peacock Garden is situated within a short drive of several local attractions, but you can enjoy your stay even if you never leave the grounds. The in-site restaurant has an impressive breakfast buffet. If you are looking for local cuisine, you will be hard pressed to find anything exotic on the menu, unless you consider German food exotic. The e restaurant has excellent service and the food is very reasonably priced. There is also a Roman style spa, game room, patio, and a shady playground to cool off the kids if they come along. You do need occasional relief from the equatorial sun, and there are plenty of places to sit under the thick stand of mahogany trees on one side of the resort. We enjoyed dinner on the patio and listening to live acoustic music, a special feature one night during our stay.

And of course, there is a large pen in which a live, colorful peacock struts about. After finding out what an excellent choice I had made, I was strutting about, too!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drewcomix
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We are currently staying here for 3 days and 2 nights. Got our package from Deal Grocer. As soon as we got here yesterday, we fell in love at it instantly...staff at the reception are very helpful and accommodating. Aside from the staff, the place is awesome! We are staying at a Premiere Room Sea View, view is amazing =) Again, back to the staff...we decided after our bohol tour to take the dolphin watching the next day (which was this morning) we requested the staff at the restaurant of they could prepare our breakfast as early as 5am coz we're leaving at 530am for the tour, they gladly accommodated our request. As early as 515am this morning, food had been packed. Loved the food as well....so far me, my husband and my daughter are having a blast on our 2nd day here at Peacock Garden Resort =)

2  Thank Jacknoy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baclayon
Amun Ini Beach Resort & Spa
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Boho...
#1 of 12 in Tagbilaran City
J&R Residence
J&R Residence
#2 of 6 in Anda
40 mi away
Blue Star Dive & Resort
Anda White Beach Resort
Henann Resort Alona Beach

Been to The Peacock Garden? Share your experiences!