1. The restaurant space is magnificent with decor that would put trendy western urban places to shame.
2. The staff are friendly charming and efficient
3. The guide provided by the hotel was the best I have seen. He gave us a fascinating insight into what is really going on in Rakhine State. He knows the history well too. Ask for Tunnewun, aka Newun (pronounced 'neigh one'). He has just been released from three years in prison for speaking his mind.
4. The boat journey from Sittwe was much more interesting and beautiful than the cruise we did on the Irrawaddy, but pack a few jumpers if you are traveling in December. The boat provided by the hotel is comfortable and the lunch on board was good.
1. The fittings in the bathroom were a bit cheap, but really, does this matter? This hotel is great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A slice of "Arakan Heritage" in a unique historic site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Mrauk Oo Princess Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mrauk Oo Princess Hotel Mrauk u