“Marvelous!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Enschede
“Marvelous!”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I was really surprised by the food that they make. I had read something but I didn't know that it is just like we eat at home :)
Gluten free, whit Soya products... (quinoa, agave... I LOVE!)
I am curious for some good recipes for us to make gluten free bread!
And I was wondering how you make your porridge. When I make porridge at home it becomes very sticky en hard... The porridge was great whit fresh fruit :)
I hope you could send me some of your lovely recipes?!!
Breakfast and diner where both very well!!!
My boyfriend said to me... tis is all YOU, Eem!
What a lovely surprise... I was also so enthousiastic about the Gypsy Wagon... and this makes it compleet! I was very happy I booked it for 2 nights ;)
Beside the restaurant you can also rent a room, gypsy wagon or cabin in the lovely garden around the house. It's so lovely! It looks great and we have slept very well!
Thank you... Keep on doing what you love, Lorna!

• Visited August 2014

“Tastiest food I have eaten in a long time!”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Myself and three friends stopped here for a meal on a rainy bank holiday, August 2014. We thought the decor was beautiful and quirky and the atmosphere relaxed and friendly. All the food was delicious and I think the early bird 3-course menu for 20 euro is very reasonable. I had a warm bean salad to start, the Phoenix bake for main and a fruit crumble for dessert. The food arrived quickly and was presented very nicely. I have also not tasted such delicious food in a long time. It was all extremely fresh and clearly full of years of expertise! I just wish I could cook like this and would love to return for a stay in the accommodation, and for the cookery course. Oh, the home-made bread was so delicious too. I asked if I could buy some to take home but unfortunately they did not have enough. I strongly recommend this restaurant and will be returning myself if I am ever in the area again!

High Falls, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vegetarian Cuisine on the Dingle Peninsula”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The Phoenix Vegetarian B/B has the best cuisine on the Dingle Peninsula. If you stay at the B/B the breakfasts are an eclectic serving of fresh baked goods, homemade musli, fruits, cheeses and condiments. From Curry to Pesto, Lorna is a fantastic chef. Also has a wonderful cookbook in print.

• Visited June 2014
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will be back again”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Me and my wife stayed over at the phoenix we were only booked in for one night but we both agreed we should have booked all our nights here the rooms were so clean and the staff were so welcoming and down to earth if we needed anything anytime it was no hassle for them. The view from our room was amazing it looks over the gardens which you are also allowed to walk around and enjoy. The owner Lorna is such an amazing host but in an easy going way which gives the place a feeling of home. The restaurant being downstairs is a real plus you can sit back enjoy a few drinks. I wasn't to sure about the food at first being a meaty person but those fears were quickly squashed the minute I seen the menu there may be a lack of meat but not a lack of flavour I had the tofu curry very hot (you are asked how you like it mild medium or spicy) and my wife had the spicy pasta with homemade pesto. So if you are looking for a place with great food clean comfy rooms and an atmosphere that makes you never want to leave then the phoenix is the place for you. Thank you Lorna and Billy I'm sure you will see us again

1 Thank Josh S
County Kerry, Ireland
“Definitely would not recommend”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I would definitely not recommend this bed and breakfast because firstly on arrival we received a very poor welcome. We were shown to our room and we all noticed a musty smell of damp on the way up to the room. The family room itself was bright and airy but lacked some basic essentials such as as glass in the bathroom and shower gel in the shower. The light on the dressing table did not work and one of the plugs also did not work. We asked for a key to lock the room and we were told there was no key available for this room, we were unhappy with this for obvious security reasons. We did not eat in the restaurant as the menu was very overpriced after 6pm. When going to bed that night we realised that one of the beds had no pillows only uncomfortable slippy cushions and the other bed had only one pillow on it. The beds in general were uncomfortable and lumpy. The sheet on one bed was stained and had to be taken off the bed. The breakfast was very basic, very little choice of cereals and disappointing overall. The last straw for me was when I was overcharged on departure. When I made the booking over the phone I was quoted €35 for myself and €17.50 for each of my three teenagers. Despite this I was told I had to pay for 2 adults and two children. The room cost €105 in total for a room and service that was not worth this. Myself and my family will not be returning to this establishment ever again.

• Visited August 2014
stiniSwitzerland, Owner at The Phoenix Restaurant, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
Our prices are 35 per person sharing, kids between 3 and 15 years half price. We serve breakfast between 8.30 and 10, 00. this is written on our price list. I believe in this case there may have been a discrepancy over the B&B total as it was one adult & three teenagers we were threatened with a negative review if prices were not lowered. We had other families staying that day all paying according to our2014 price plan. It was a very uncomfortable situation for us, the teenagers & of course the guest in person as she genuinely felt she had been overcharged- which was not the case. As for the breakfast we were asked for porridge which we cooked, there were freshly baked scones, a cheese plate, jams, juices etc and the offer of eggs even though it was after 10am. The teenagers were reluctant to rise, everything felt wrong-footed with this guest, even though I believe she really loved the grabOne afternoon tea the previous day. I am really sorry her overnight stay was not the happy one that our other B&B guests experienced on that particular day and I hope she will try us again.