“Warm stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Kells B&B and Inns
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Warm stay”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

I enjoy my stay a lot in this warm and cozy house, and with the dog having the same name with me.

It locates on the way to Ring of Kerry and near the coast highway. It's not easy to find but it's really worthy to stay.

The host is like a warm hearted mom, I like her a lot!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Comfy room, great view, wonderful home made breakfast! Agnes was so sweet and caring. She even sang a song for us before we left!

We stayed at 5 different B&Bs and Taobh Coille was my favorite.

Would definitely stay again..hopefully soon!

• Stayed April 2013
Greater Noida
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We visited Ring of Kerry in the month of July and stayed in Taobh Coille for one night. It was one of the most memorable stay we had in Ireland. Though, I found that people in Ireland are generally very good, but John and Agnes were the best. Not even for a single moment we felt that we were away from home. Their hospitality was very good and so was the location of the property. Dear Mr. John, Dev and Shravan – My sons, join me to say thank you for inviting us to feed your sheep in the morning. It was indeed an experience for us. We hope to return some day. God bless you all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed November 25, 2013

In formulating our itinerary, I made sure to include to a few multiple days stays in seafront farm B&Bs slightly off, but in proximity to, compelling regions of west coast tourism. Each turned out to stellar experiences with Taobh Coille B&B, Agnes and John now rock solid life memories of the first order. It's the perfect location for first exploring the majority Ring of Kerry and then following up with a second day finishing up the Kenmare, Killarney National Park, to Killarney town leg of the Iveragh Peninsula and back for a restful sleep. Some even choose it as a base for the proximate Dingle Peninsula as well or a great restful area beach, local restaurant and pub day.

There's a way of life, a warmth and perspective here, a sense of humor in a classic throwback with modern convenience, careful attention and potential delightful surprises which may vary from circumstance to circumstance, so I'll "be the hush" on our own varied and memorable particulars. Enjoy the breathtaking all sides glass panorama of a breakfast by the sea. Cozy up to a snug den fireplace after a long day of adventure.

To be with John is to surrounded in gentle, modest warmth. To be around Agnes is a lifetime experience in her particularly peppery variety of human energy and personality. Ted Williams/John Wayne handsome (check out the life cycle famiy photos) long married to an amazingly loving, totally memorable and impish gadfly. Agnes must've delightfully punched my playfully in laughter near half a dozen times in our stay. They are, from my life experience over five visits to Ireland, of a rare and increasingly endangered species. And very individual smiles to memorialize on canvas or snapshot emanating from each of them. Who says you can't buy love?

It's so curious and ironic to me that people recommend and influence others to choose a steroid pumped plastic-cutesy setting like Killarney megavillage over a Kerry Kells' Taobh Coille as a base for others seeking to explore or experience the best of Ireland. From its bloated cement outskirts, Killarney town shouts we're here for the big bus crowd and a model depot for a nearby small airport if ever there were to be one nearby. If you took the reins and made the prudent decision to see Ireland by car, follow it up with special places like this, a classic seaside gem of a Irish farm surpassed only by the brilliant quality of its owners.

We've certainly been in more elegant and delightful appointments facilities, but never did we find anything hinting of anything essentially overall superior. anywhere.Taobh Coille is wholly other from the norm and shouts of Ireland at its very best in its truest strengths.

Room Tip: Taobh Coille is an Irish quilt of experience. Good as they are, the fine rooms are secondary by far...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank preglad
Troutman, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We arrived late in darkness, Agnes and John graciously waited up for us, and I was treated to my first peat fire, a cozy couch, and an adorable dog Kelly, before deciding to turn in. That morning, we walked into the front room to a spectacular view and an equally spectacular breakfast. Agnes recommended we go to Valencia Island, and gave us her ferry card so we wouldn't have to spend the 9 euro. That evening we were treated to a hot whiskey (also a first), and I was given her personal Jameson to ensure when I recreated the recipe back in the States it would not be in vain. Agnes and John were so kind and giving, I felt like a member of the family, and I was deeply saddened that I had to leave. If you do not stay here when you visit Ireland, you are doing yourself the greatest disservice! I will never forget the wit and wisdom of Agnes, "You never touch the same water twice." There is a special place reserved in Heaven for that family, and not surprisingly it resembles Taobh Coille.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is not just a Bed and Breakfast , this is a home away from home ! Agnes, John and Eilene are the kindest, most welcoming people of any B&B I haved stayed. All of them go the extra mile to ensure you are taken care of ! The scenery was absolutely beautiful ! The location was perfect for the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle Peninsula .The food and service was excellent. If you are traveling to Ireland, make this a part of your trip ! My life is mucher richer now as a result of my stay there ! I fell in love with the family and the place.
Brenda .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Taobh Coille is for me an essence of Ireland. I've found there beautiful views, genuine hospitality, warmth and tranquility. I chose Taobh Coille for it's perfect location which is important when you plan to explore the Ring of Kerry. In short distance you have unforgettable and quiet Gap of Dunloe, Valentia Island with Fogher Cliffs, picturesque and breathtaking Ballycarbery Castle covered by ivy, long sandy Rossbehy Beach with horse riding and walking, The Sheepdog Show with Brendan and his border collies and many more attractions of Ring Of Kerry (photos attached). Agnes and John are the perfect hosts. When you smell freshly baked bread in the evening - you feel like at home. In the morning I enjoyed delicious breakfast and eggs with so yellow yolks from happy hens I saw around the house. Agnes had time to have a chat with us when she invited us in the afternoon with nice cup of tea and homemade cake.

I found excellent selection of CDs with Irish music in the dining room, I wish to stay for a week or two here to enjoy all sounds and views. Views from bedrooms and from dining room towards Dingle Bay are fantastic. You can take a seat and simply watch - you get another beautiful picture every minute! You can go through the gate and follow the path which brings you to the shore where is the table and some seats. Sunset over the Dingle - what more you need?

I stayed in Taobh Coille in companion of two people from Canada. This stay was for them the perfect essence of their 4 days tour around the West Coast the spend with me. I'm going to bring along to Taobh Coille everyone who wants to experience The Essence of Ireland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
AgnesOSullivanKells, Owner at Taobh Coille, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
It was a pleasure as always to welcome & take care of you Peter & your lovely canadian ladies. We value your custom very much & we hope to see you again soon . Best wishes always Agnes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kells
Parknasilla Resort & Spa
#2 of 3 in Sneem
QC's Townhouse
QC's Townhouse
#1 of 19 in Cahersiveen

Been to Taobh Coille? Share your experiences!