“Lovely Hotel with warm,welcoming atmosphere.”

Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ballyliffin
Newry, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel with warm,welcoming atmosphere.”
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I travelled to Ballyliffin with my husband,teenage son and 3 year old son. We were given one of the suites at no extra charge. It was lovely with a jacuzzi bath in the room although this was a bit wasted on my husband and I as we were travelling with our children!
We ate in the bar every night as the food was so good there was no point venturing anywhere else-the steak was fab!
It was a great place if you want to chill out and relax,enjoy some spa treatments and have a few drinks in front of the fire.The pool isn't the biggest and can get quite busy at peak times,the steam room was out of order when we were there which was a pity. There is a great beach within walking distance and some great drives along the penisula.
Ballyliffin in October isnt buzzing but I don't think thats the point it's all about getting some "me" time and this hotel is great fot that.

• Stayed October 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2010

This hotel, its staff and management cannot be surpassed. Everything was outstanding. We had a warm welcome, and from then on we had an ideal stay in every respect. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were imaginative and most friendly. Everthing seemed to be directed at giving guests an ideal break. We slept welll, we were cosetted, we fed well and all in all it was perfect. Thank you to all.

West of Ireland
Reviewed October 23, 2010

I stayed at Ballyliffin Lodge this week for a few days break, the staff were so friendly,
I like porridge for breakfast which was not on the menu,but when I requested it,it was no problem. The front desk staff were all great.
Room was very clean,food was good,lovely views.
When I booked my spa treatments, I spoke to Susan the spa manager,nothing was too much trouble for her, she was so helpful
I went to the Rock Crystal spa, where I was told that the relax area has had a revamp, and it looks great.everything was just wonderful.I will certainly be going back.
What a joy to meet helpful people.

1 Thank MrsMurphy83
Carrickfergus
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at Ballyliffin Lodge and came away some pounds heavier,despite long walks on the beach.
The one downside,as I said to the receptionist,was the very firm mattresses.Not good for Old Bones.

Reviewed September 11, 2010

Was very impressed with our bedroom . It had a balcony with fantastic views . Dinning room had fantastic food . The presentation was first class had the crab for starters the flavours were mouth watering . The for mains I had the farmyard chicken lovely dish but may I recommend u serve a side order of gravy for it was very dry . Dessert was my number one favourite creme brûlée with basket of strawberries . The dessert was really lovely best creme brûlée I tasted so far with the scoop of ice-cream on top very good combination hot/cold . I found the chocolate wafer basket very soft as if the strawberries and blackberries were sitting in it for some time . The spa treatment was really good my therapist was roweena very good . I thought the room atmosphere was relaxing although needed a touch of paint and found it very small . But was very happy with treatment . The only thing I did not Like was the fact that you have to change in the public changing rooms not four star standard let's you down . But over all a very pleasant and relaxing stay .

• Stayed September 2010
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2010

The Hotel is slightly out of way if you are looking to tour but is perfect for a relaxing spa break with great food and brilliant staff.
The hotel advises when weddings are on and the noise tends to travel to some rooms - mainly from guests who are outside but it should not put you off from trying it

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
scotland
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Warm welcome with attentive, friendly staff. Lovely location at its best in the warm sunshine of late summer. Comfortable rooms and great gastro pub food at Mamie Pat's bar. Didn't venture outside the hotel to eat as the menu was so good. Really good to see a hotel which reflects the standard of service which confirms the famous Donegal hospitality! Travelled around the Inishowen pennisula and over to Fanad head, breathtaking beautiful!
The only downside which affected my stay was the heat in the room overnight, unable to sleep during my stay. Had left the windows wide open but the working noise from the back court (Kitchens / bar etc) carried on till the early hours. I understand staff need to clear up after the day. Access to Air conditioning? Fan in rooms for these 'rare' hot nights please.

• Stayed September 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyliffin
Ballyliffin TownHouse
#1 of 4 in Buncrana
Shandon Hotel and Spa
Shandon Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Portnablagh

Been to Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!