“Loved it, staff are brilliant, couldnt do enough,”

Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ballyliffin
Reviewed July 1, 2007

We stayed here after a wedding at the weekend.... our room was lovely. very clean, lovely view.

the staff were brilliant, couldnt do enough,
room service and breakfast to your room was excellent,

i liked it that much i have booked my wedding there

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AshDerry

Reviewed June 16, 2007

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend with my husband and our 2 children and the hotel did not disappoint. We were allocated our first floor room on arrival. It was a corner room with sea views and was suitably spacious for a family of four. The room's decor was tasteful and contemporary and the en suite was well-finished and sizeable. The only complaint I had about the room was that the mattress was a bit too hard for me! The hotel was spotless and rooms were cleaned on a daily basis. Breakfast was a typical affair with offerings of fresh fruit, cereals, toast, croissants and a fry! Very filling! The bar was a great place to relax and have a snack, a meal or a drink (or two!). We spent a lot of time here, inbetween walks on the beach and swimming, and the food and service are to be commended. Brilliant lattes! The staff were helpful and friendly and went out of their way to accomodate my son's picky eating habits! The hotel restaurant was wonderful and we had a fabulous meal the night we ate here. My children had a fantastic time in the pool. (It was a God-send as there really isn't much to do in Ballyliffin - unless you're a golfer!) There was a lovely jacuzzi area for adults only, which was really warm and relaxing. I didn't avail of the beauty therapies but the list of treatments was varied. All-in-all I would highly recommend this hotel as a place to chill out, eat, drink and enjoy quality time with your family. It certainly ticked all the boxes and we hope to go back again soon.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank ValerieL
Reviewed May 30, 2007

A recently built luxury hotel, set in a beautiful setting with nice views. We spent 2 nights here, one of which was peaceful the other noisy due to a disco which went on to 0130 hours and this was during the week.
I would stay at the hotel again, but will check in future for loud noise.
Food recommended.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank arthurguinness
Reviewed May 3, 2007

This hotel struck me as beautiful from the outside as we drove up to it, and inside it did not disappoint! It has a high degree of elegance and class about its reception area and the bar and restaurant, but at the same time it still has a welcoming air about it. This may have also had something to do with the staff: friendly and helpful on all occasions. The rooms were nice, as were the en suites - all very spacious, and the breakfast in the morning was beautiful: a choice of cereals, fruits, croissants etc as well as a full cooked meal if you so chose. The pool area was very relaxing and I could have spent hours in here! I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would definitely recommend it to familes and to couples, as well as golfers (obviously!)

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank 1European_Traveller1
Reviewed April 30, 2007

I visited the hotel a few months ago with my two young children and my husband. I was so impressed by the hotel, the food and the friendliness of the staff that i decided that i would definetly come back and stay there which i did last month with my husband. I have been ranting about the food ever since.

We ate in the hotels Holly Tree Restaurant which was formal without being overbearing and the staff were always onhand.I honestly have never eaten food like it in my life. It was absolutely fantastic. I had fish whilst my husband had the steak - both were excellent.

I didnt get to try the Rock Crystal Spa as it was fully booked but the reports from other people staying in the hotel was that the hot stone massage was wonderful so i will have to go back again to try it out. This time i will stay longer and i may even bring the children!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank frankieAntrim
Reviewed April 23, 2007

I have stayed in Ballyliffin Lodge on numerous occasions eg. weddings, anniversary celebrations and also attended various functions ie. christenings, confirmations, birthdays, and found it outstanding at all times. I have found staff to be always friendly, polite and very helpful. The decor of the hotel is exquisite and I love the local artwork and photographs displayed around it, giving a sense of pride for the area.

The bedrooms were very spacious and again the decor appealed to my taste.

As for the food it has always been delicious from breakfast to lunch to dinner. I would recommend their lamb shank anyday.

I have made use of the leisure facilities and also tried some of the treatments which I thoroughly enjoyed. The relaxation area was beautifully calming. I was also very impressed with the treatment rooms which were always pleasantly warm and quiet and the therapists were excellent.

4  Thank AILZ
Reviewed April 17, 2007

We were booked a room through the bridge & groom of a wedding taking place here. The views of the ocean & breakers were lovely upon arriving at the lodge. The room looked really nice and the bathroom was clean and spacious - nice heated towel rack. One odd thing was that the toilet roll holder was much too far away to reach from the actual toilet but that was easily solved by moving the toilet roll to the top of the toilet. We didn't spend much time in the actual room as we were at the wedding all day and night but when bedtime rolled around, I peeled back the comforter as it was too warm and noticed a hair on the blanket. And quickly noticed many more hairs - of all different lengths and colors littered all over the blanket. That was really really disgusting and it actually made me nauseous. Thankfully there was another (clean) blanket in the closet which I used but the thought of all those stray hairs made me uneasy and I kept checking the rest of the bed which thankfully was hairless. That was very surprising for such a "quality" hotel but definitely worth mentioning. Other than that, the place seemed ok but I would not stay here again nor would I recommend it. One thing to note was that the wedding (onsite) was wonderful, the food was good and the staff at the Ballyliffin were great.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ckarp73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyliffin
Ballyliffin TownHouse
#1 of 4 in Buncrana
Shandon Hotel and Spa
Shandon Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Portnablagh

Been to Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!