“March retreat”

Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ballyliffin
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Had a wonderful weekend at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel.
The whole weekend was amazing
The Staff are wonderful
The food excellant
absolutely fabulous will be back
The treatments were the best i have ever experienced
Sandra & Sharon

Room Tip: propbably rooms on south side Our room was excellant
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandra K
JoDoherty, Customer Care at Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Sandra & Sharon,
Thank you for your kind review on the Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa, it is fantastic to receive such positive feedback on our staff and food and to hear you will return is just wonderful. Our spa will be delighted to hear that the spa treatment were the best you experienced! We look forward to welcoming you both back In the near future and best wishes from all the team here at the lodge.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We recently visited the hotel with our two young children. Our time there can only be described as wonderful from start to finish.
The staff are so helpful and friendly, the food is good, the pool and spa are lovely and the children's play area is fantastic.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and look forward to visiting again very soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. I am delighted to read that your stay with your family was an enjoyable one. We aim to ensure the children are made feel at home here and the play area is a fantastic area for them to enjoy while mum and dad relax. Thank you for your kind comments on our food and staff which I will share with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,best wishes.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Two night stay at the hotel excelled all my expectations.

Never have I met staff more dedicated to ensuring the time spent here is a memorable experience.

Nothing was too much trouble as was the case when I asked for a change of room due to noise. .They didn't only change my room but upgraded me to a beautiful room with a seaview..

I thought the food was excellent value and the service was excellent. .I loved the restaurant managers sense of humour..when I told him I wanted to stay longer he offered me a job. .lol..

I was so impressed with my spa experience I had an extra treatment. .the dry floatation and massage I would highly recommend. Again I cannot say how dedicated and lovely the girls are.

• Stayed: February 2014
JoDoherty, Customer Care at Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Guest,
Many Thanks for your wonderful review; I am delighted to read that we excelled your expectations. We do pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our guests and try hard to stand out as a warm and well managed hotel where you can relax and know that we will look after things for you, no matter how small. I will ensure to pass on your kind comments to the team.
Your comments on our food are most welcome and I will certainly pass on your comments to the restaurant manager.
Many Thanks once again for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I recently spent the day here for my Friends Wedding, from we entered the door it was nothing but fabulous, Champagne on arrival was Delicious (must ring up to find out name) Lobby/Bar area was so comfortable & relaxing, i could have sat there all day, i just wish i had of being staying the night but they were booked out :-( The set up for wedding function room is lovely & if i were to get married i think 99.9% sure i'd be having my reception here.. Food was amazing, start i had vol au vents, superb, soup, turkey & ham & there was enough for 2 people on my plate, i just couldn't finish or fault 1 part of the meal & could have easily ate it the next day if i'd of had a doggy bag (yummy), desert was 10/10 and i most certainly will go out there for evening tea someday & have the Apple Crumble & custard if it's on the menu. Staff were quick & happy looking, toilets immaculate. Extremely attentive to the Bridal party.. Rate this Hotel 10/10 or more. Thank you for a lovely pleasant & delicious day

Room Tip: I didn't stay here, just a review for a Wedding function.. Fabulous.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Ann,
Thank you for sharing your wedding experience on Tripadvisor,I am delighted you enjoyed your day her with us. We have a fantastic reputation for weddings and we pride ourselves in the service and quality of food we deliver to each and every wedding. It is fantastic that this was your experience also. I will certainly be sharing your comments with all the team here at the lodge and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again.

Kind Regards from all the team.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I visited Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel late last year and was very impressed by the warm welcome and friendly staff. The food was good and reasonable and attention to detail with regard to cleanliness was apparent. The leisure facilities were also spot-on and I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel for singles, romantic couples or families!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tom,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. It is lovely to read that you found staff courteous. We do pride ourselves in trying to go that extra mile for our guests and I am delighted to hear you would recommend our hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon. Best Wishes from all the team.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed here for 2 night in February. The hotel was great, staff really friendly. Unfortunately the weather was really bad, snow , sleet, wind and rain. We were lucky there is a spa, pool and leisure facilities at the hotel (which are excellent) We would definitely go back when the weather is better. The area around Ballyliffin is beautiful just need better weather to enjoy it fully.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andreanireland

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and took advantage of our wonderful leisure and spa facilities. Unfortunately we couldn’t control the weather for you, we are fortunate here in Ballyliffin that we don’t actually get a lot of snow in the winter it was just unfortunate it snowed during your visit. I hope to welcome you back again in the future. Best Regards from all the team.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed here for two nights on a Groupon Deal .. In the past we have had some awful experiences from the purchase of a Groupon..Alas Ballyliffin was NOT in that category....from the moment we arrived til we checked out was jus perfect...we paid extra for a room at the front so we could savour the beautiful view of Pollan Bay etc..our room was massive and extremely comfortable..staff wer excellent and so willing to help. Food was delicious,breakfast was plentiful,my only criticism would be the hair salon policy,I paid 80 euro for my wife to have a treatment (she said the spa and the therapists wer lovely) in our room we had a treatment and price list at the back it states "10 euro for a blowdry( which costs 15 for spa users ,so I booked my wife in for a Blowdry which was booked for the following morning,but because the treatment and the hair appt wer not on the same day they would not accept the 10 euro price but wanted the 15euro...my wife cancelled as she too thought it was a bit unfair ...maybe we wer being too fussy but I had paid 50 euro extra for the upgrade and as I said 80 euro for the Spa. Apart from that the hotel is simply superb and we can't wait to return..

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David M

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review on our hotel. I am delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations here at the Ballyliffin Lodge. Your kind comments on our staff and food are most welcome and it is certainly rewarding for you to acknowledge this. I am sorry to hear your comment on our spa, it is spa policy to have the blow-dry on the day of the treatment but I will certainly pass your comments onto the Spa Manager. Thank you for expressing your concerns which are extremely important to us as it helps us maintain and improve our standards. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Best wishes from all the team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyliffin
Ballyliffin Hotel
#2 of 4 in Ballyliffin
Shandon Hotel and Spa
Shandon Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Portnablagh

Been to Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!