“Ballyliffin paradise”

Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ballyliffin
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We spent a weekend at the Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel( Donegal) last weekend and needless to say it was fantastic. Everything from the food, rooms,spa, and the staff were fabulous. Special mention to Michael, the duty manager, brilliant person, very friendly, helpful and a really nice guy. We met so many lovely people and when you add to that the fantastic welcome that we get every time we go there then there is not much more to say.
The Ballyliffin is the place to go for a fantastic relaxing restful time. It does not matter how long you go there for you are sure of a good welcome and excellant service in every respect. Try it and enjoy. Be sure to look up Michael and say hello from us. Best wishes to Sean and his wife for running such a fabulous hotel.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
JoDoherty, Customer Care at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Margaret and John, It was a pleasure to welcome you both back here again last weekend. I am delighted with your feedback and thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure all our guests are made feel welcome here in the lodge and it is fantastic to read your compliments on our team. Michael will be delighted with the mention and I will certainly pass on your regards to him along with Sean and Mary. We look forward to welcoming you back again later in the year. Best Wishes from all the team at the Ballyliffin Lodge.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Attended my son's wedding at the end of January.Had a beautiful large room overlooking the bay on a three nights for two offer. Well appointed with everything you could need. I particularly liked the earplugs provided in case we might be disturbed by a function downstairs. They were hardly necessary. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The spa facilities were superb, I used the Rock Crystal Spa ,the Hair Salon and the pool facilities.
The wedding was very well done,from the welcome drinks in the foyer, to the bar/room set aside for guests and in the ballroom, the wedding feast,served promptly and hot,and nothing was too much bother.
I would like to return to enjoy the beach and surrounding areas.

Room Tip: The rooms to the front of the hotel have spectacular views of Pollan Bay. There are 2 rooms with ba...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Kate,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor. It was a great pleasure to host your son’s wedding here recently and I am delighted to hear you had a “Wow” experience during this time. Wedding are a very important part of our business and a lot of care and attention is given to each and everyone and we pride ourselves on the service and food provided at each one so it is very rewarding to hear your comments. Thank you once again for sharing your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Best Regards from all the team.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here over Xmas 2013. Staff are super friendly and always have a smile on their face. The food was some of the best we have ever had and was consistently good. Great views from our room and the gym/pool area was great. Hope to visit again very soon!

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your five star review. I am delighted you had an enjoyable time here over Christmas and thank you for your compliments on our food and staff. We would be delighted to welcome you back again soon.

Best Wishes from all the team.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I booked a 2 night stay via Groupon to celebrate my sisters 50th birthday. This is the first time I have used one of these offers and we were not disappointed. We arrived on Sunday 2nd during a Wedding Fair so it was very busy, but the staff had plenty of time for us. The Hotel is just beautifully situated on a hill overlooking Pollan Bay. We were allocated a large room with disabled facilities at the back of the hotel. I hadn't realised that rooms with a view of the beautiful bay were available at a supplement and I would have been prepared to pay this given it was a special occasion. I'll know for the next visit

You are literally spoiled for choice with the various menus on offer. The food is really good and there are plenty of special offers to choose from. Again staff in the restaurant & bar are very friendly despite being very extremely busy . Breakfast is hearty with fresh fruit, cereals, ham, cheese, & traditional Irish breakfast & coupled with a additional menu card offering Belgian waffles, pancakes etc. You are honestly spoiled for choice.

I hope to return soon with my family & grandchildren as the Lodge caters for children. All in all a great location, friendly staff, beautiful food & value for money .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your positive feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here at the Ballyliffin Lodge. We strive to make our guests feel welcome and relaxed. I am glad you enjoyed the food and service throughout your stay and I will certainly be sharing your comments with the team.
Many thanks once again for your kind review. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.
Best Regards from all the team.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I booked a groupon deal for 2 nights for 2 and a spa treatment each. I was apprehensive as I've been on a couple of groupon breaks before and always been left a bit disappointed.

The hotel itself is beautiful and maintained to a very high standard. Our room was lovely and very clean.
There's a beautiful room downstairs with views over the bay with an open fire where you can get afternoon tea. The spa is really nice and I found my balneo bath treatment massively relaxing. While we were in the pool area there was one lane cordoned off for kids swimming lessons which was a bit noisy but there's a timetable up in the leisure area letting you know when these things are if you'd prefer to avoid the kids!

Breakfast was brilliant. As well as your usual Irish breakfast options, cereal, croissants etc you can order other options like pancakes, waffles or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. All delicious!

The first night we ate in the bar and the second in the restaurant. The food in the bar was fine but I highly recommend spending that little bit more to eat in the restaurant. Whoever put the dishes together really knows what they're doing. The flavours complimented each other so well and the food was cooked to perfection. I just mentioned in passing at the start of the meal that it was my partner's birthday. At the end they brought him out a complimentary dessert with a candle and "happy birthday" written on the plate in chocolate! We were so shocked at such a lovely gesture.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. If I was pushed to find any faults I would say their coffee was very poor (my partner is a massive coffee snob!), it would have been nice to have mushrooms for the cooked breakfast (just a personal choice) and the wifi is a bit patchy (but when you're in such a beautiful part of the country with such great facilities you shouldn't need it!)

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you your recent review and thank you for choosing the Ballyliffin Lodge to celebrate your partner’s birthday. Your kind comments on our hotel, food and service are very much appreciated and I am delighted to hear that we didn’t disappoint. We are fortunate to have such a lovely hotel which is so well maintained and we are all proud of what we have here. Thank you for mentioning the coffee, I will ask our F&B manager to look into this as it is not a common complaint and I am sorry you felt it was poor. I hope you will return again and I look forward to welcoming you.
Best Regards

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have recently enjoyed an excellent overnight stay at the Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the food was first class. The room was spotlessly clean with a fantastic view over the bay. The Leisure Facilities were also first class. I will certainly be back in the near future.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank MikeBB738ZY
JoDoherty, Customer Care at Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review on our hotel. I am delighted to read that you had an excellent overnight stay here recently. Your comments on our hotel, food and staff are very much appreciated and I am pleased you found us first class. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best Regards.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed in the wheelchair accessible room in Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel in October 2013 while attending a wedding. This 4 star Hotel is in an excellent location with beautiful scenic views. Staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The accessible bedroom and bathroom are very modern and spacious. There is a wheel-in shower with grab rails. However, as seen in attached photos the shower chair supplied was a very unsuitable wooden stool and the bathroom mirror is very high.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AccessTravel2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. Your kind comments on our hotel and staff are very much appreciated and I will certainly share with our team. I appreciate your comments on our wheelchair accessible rooms and I am glad you found them modern and spacious. We have since replaced the stool with suitable shower chairs with arms which are more appropriate than the stool. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Best Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyliffin
Ballyliffin Hotel
#1 of 4 in Buncrana
Shandon Hotel and Spa
Shandon Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Portnablagh

Been to Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!