“A Real Gem!”

Nancy's Barn Ballyliffin
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Voted World famous seafood chowder champions 2017 in Newport Rhode island, USA We are a Unique Coffee shop / Bistro with a highly skilled team of chefs & front of house staff serving up the freshest baking & savoury dishes daily. All Ireland award winning seafood chowder Champions 2016 & Donegals best seafood chowder 2015. Nancy's Barn received Trip adviser of Excellence 2015 & 2016 in a Row. We use Local fresh seafood and ingredients all the way in our dishes! We strive for customer excellence in our business daily. Nancy's barn can be dimmed rite down by Evening to a beautiful fine dining restaurant /bistro for your private family get together serving up delicious Ala Carte dishes tailored by you & our Culinary Team. Fully Wine Licensed premises OPEN DAILY ALL YEAR AROUND.
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We discovered this place by accident and cannot praise it highly enough. The menu is so good that I had difficulty choosing. I finally opted for the Spanish seafood chowder with homemade wheaten bread, It even came with a separate dish of mussels. Absolutely delicious. Great selection of coffees, cakes (that were flavoursome and moist and just melted in the mouth) and icecream. I had to sample them all. The staff are so friendly and Kieran even took the time to explain the recipes. When he discovered it was my birthday he and the 2 waitresses brought the ice cream with a candle in it to our table. They then all sang Happy Birthday and took my photograph. They really do know how to make you feel a valued customer!!
There is ample seating inside (beautifully decorated like a rustic kitchen) but also lots of seating outside which has a glass roof but open sides.
I can't wait to go back.

2  Thank teacher358

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Thanks again for fabulous food on our annual visit to Donegal. Our visit is incomplete without at least one visit to see Kieran. What an absolutely lovely chap and the staff are all so friendly and efficient, even at busy times which it often is. Well done Kieran. Long may you continue to flourish in your ventures, whatever they may be. You deserve every success. Look forward to seeing you again next year - Margie and Phyl x x

2  Thank Margaret O
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a wee gem of a restaurant , great food , friendly helpful staff . The seafood chowder was Devine , thick creamy soup with loads of fish ,prawns etc. The inside is lovely and if it is a nice day there is an outside dining area . Please visit Nancy's Barn if you are in the area , even if just for a coffee and a bun . We will be back the next time we are in Ballyliffin !

2  Thank bookerBelfast
Reviewed May 22, 2014

A return visit and once again we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Really tasty food, beautifully presented, although it didn't stay on the plates too long to be admired !!
Very clean and comfortable with great, friendly service, we shall be back.

2  Thank 2020vision
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Today I ordered goats cheese cashew pear and rocket salad. It was presented promptly well presented and very tasty. I enjoyed it but didn't expect the chicken that also was included. I appreciated but a veggie may have been dismayed since it wasn't on the list of ingredients. My tea was hot and plentiful, I'd go back.

3  Thank charmaine_chugg