The Strand Hotel
$126
$122
Ballyliffin Hotel(Ballyliffin)
$119
Inishowen Gateway Hotel(Buncrana)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Pool
Frontier Hotel(Bridgend)
Rathmullan House(Rathmullan)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsroast beeffamine villagefriendly hotelgroupon dealbed was comfortablepollan beachfood was lovelybit datedbar foodan overnight staybreakfast roomcouldn't do enoughnice staytwo nightslovely roomcourse mealreception area
Reviewed November 19, 2012

got a groupon deal for this hotel found the central location good and easy to find our double room was big and so was the bathroom our room was at front of hotel but did not find it noisy the staff were very friendly and helpful and the place was spotless would definately recommend it

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here after receiving a Groupon offer, which was £80 for 2 nights, quite cheap but I guess you get what you pay for. The reception staff were not rude but there was no friendliness or chat that you would normally get at a hotel reception. The decor in the whole place needs updated, including the foyer, the bar, dining room and the bedrooms. The bedroom was quite spacious as was the bathroom and also clean but just very old looking bed covers and carpet and furniture etc. The shower was also a disabled access shower which seem to pulsate at different pressure and heat throughout the shower and also came off its handle at the slightest touch, not very enjoyable. I also think an extractor fan is necessary when there is no window in the bathroom. The bed was extremely soft which I quite like when I'm alone but it is difficult when sharing with someone because if you want to lie beside each other you just sink into the middle. Breakfast was fine, cereal or cooked breakfast, I was only having bacon and eggs and I thought they could have given me more than 2 slices of bacon since I was having so little (half the plate was empty) but taste was nice, as is the view from the dining room. For lunch we had a starter from the bar menu, got the chicken wings which were good and the vol au vent which was not. However the service was good from the waitress Sarah who was extremely busy working between the bar/foyer/kitchen.We didn't like the look of the menu for dinner so decided to ring the Ballyliffin Lodge which was fully booked so instead drove to Bunchrana to The Beach House which was gorgeous and good value (3 courses for 30 euros on set menu). Wifi only worked in foyer, not in bedrooms. I'm not very fussy and for £40 a night it's fine but if it's a special occasion I would recommend somewhere else.

2  Thank luvhols0012
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel is set in the lovely town of Ballyliffin and is centrally located for lots of tourist attractions. The staff were very friendly and our room was fine. The decor is a little tired, with the carpet in the room a little dirty in places but apart from that the general cleanliness was good. The hotel was very busy considering it wasn't peak season and there was lively entertainment in the evening, however the noise could be easily heard from the bedroom making it quite difficult to get to sleep. We didn't dine there, instead we opted for the Ballyliffin Lodge across the road and the food there was great. Breakfast in the Strand Hotel was fine too, cereal, yoghurt with the option of a fry or a selection of fish. We had a perfectly nice stay but some of the other hotels in the town seem that little bit more luxurious.

1  Thank IrelandCat87
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We bought this offer on a groupon deal, for the price I can't really complain, however if I had paid Full Price I would of been most disappointed
The room was quite dated & the neither the bathroom or bedroom window closed properly. The room wasn't particularly warm.
On a plus the staff were friendly & tentative

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My hushand & I stayed at hotel for one night. We were for a function in another hotel in Ballyliffin but we were warmly welcomed from all staff. The food was excellent, both dinner and breakfast, although I would have liked to see a pot of tea on our table iinstead of self service from a heated pot. We hope to stay again, maybe in better weather.