“The Best B and B I have ever stayed in”
Review of Ardeen House

Ardeen House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramelton
Ardeen House
Ranked #1 of 5 Ramelton B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“The Best B and B I have ever stayed in”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Ardeen House is a handsome building in a quiet corner of Ramelton looking towards the river. There was a beautiful arrangement of sweet-smelling lilies to greet us in the hall, and Anne and Bert Campbell gave us a lovely warm welcome with tea and home-made cakes in front of a roaring fire. Just what we needed after a long drive.
Our bedroom was large with very comfortable beds. Anne had knitted the bedspreads in our room, and had made patchwork quilts for some of the others. She is a great knitter,and also a champion brige playeer.
The breakfasts were delicious - lots of choice and everything looking attractive served in Nicolas Mosse pottery in the elegant dining room.
We could treat the sitting room as our own, and there was always a fire burning when we arrived after a day's walking - and of course, tea.
We made our own picnics each day and Anne filled our thermos flasks with tea or coffee.
The last morning she drove us to Letterkenny to catch our bus to Belfast - leaving Bert to cook breakfast for the other guests - even though she was going to Portugal the next day and had a lot to do.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 16, 2013

What a wonderful 4-night stay at Ardeen House! From the first welcoming tea (amazing little scones topped the list of delicious treats that Anne makes when she's not knitting or quilting) to her warm send-off at the bus stop, every minute at this welcoming home was a delight. My room was so magnificent I was reluctant to leave it. Unlike any other B&B I've ever stayed at, this one had rooms you could actually "swing a cat in," if you were so inclined. The furnishings were lovely and Anne's handiwork, a beautiful quilt on the bed and a small one hanging on the wall behind it, were charming. Anne and Bert were attentive but never intrusive hosts. I'm looking forward to a return visit, perhaps to the gorgeous cottage they have next door.

Room Tip: I think any room would be a good choice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Colle Umberto, Italy
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Well, It was one week I was traveling through Donegal and I was a little bit tired despite the weather was bright and the environment was proposing stunning views. My lonely planet Map was raccomending this B&B , so I took the opportunity to meet Mrs. Campbell.
Very clean room and place , comfortable bed and wonderful breakfast. Still missing their home-made scones .
Very reccomended !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed in the cottage next to the house which I believe used to be stables but now has been fitted out with all the amenities you could expect from a first class B&B. There were very comfortable beds, a large kitchen/breakfast room and a sun room which took you into the garden. Anne and Bert made us very welcome and ensured that we had a memorable stay. There were tennis courts just yards away and just a short walk into the town centre. The views of the river were stunning, we are definitely going back.
Terry Jones

Room Tip: Try the cottage if you want privacy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Terry J
Dublin
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Ardeen House is a beautiful old house in Ramelton - fabulous grounds and an amazing view of the river (if you're in a front bedroom as we were). Anne is such a warm and welcoming host, very helpful and friendly. We arrived in the afternoon and she made us tea and fresh scones! Our bedroom was lovely, really comfy bed, nice ensuite. We would have liked a small tv in the room to enable us to watch the Olympics (!) but there is a tv available to guests downstairs in a common sitting room. This was the most expensive B&B (out of the 4 we stayed in in Donegal).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, UK
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I should declare an interest, that Anne and Bert are old family friends. I stayed for them for 4 days in July 2012, and their standards are as high as ever in line with the reviews below. The house retains its period charm, the bedrooms, ensuite bathrooms and public rooms are immaculately clean and well ordered, and Anne's breakfasts are the perfect start for a day's sightseeing in Donegal. A very pleasant and peaceful place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Adreen House is a lovely B&B in a Victorian house overlooking the river. I stayed with my 10 year old daughter over a weekend while at a wedding in the village in May. Anne, who runs the B&B, was very welcoming and made an excellent breakfast each morning, with fantastic homemade scones and bread and a proper fruit salad, which my daughter wolfed down. The room was clean and comfortable and well-decorated, and the house made you feel like you were staying in a country house hotel. It was a real pleasure to be a guest.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ardeen House? Share your experiences!