My husband and I recently spent a night in Moorfield Lodge for our 1st wedding Anniversairy and we really didn't want to leave! The lodge deserves it's 5* rating even due to its gorgeous rural setting with large lawns, stretching driveway, trees and surrounding mountains. Our host Lin was warm, welcoming and very friendly who put us at ease straight away and ensured that if there was anything we may require just to let her know. Upon signing in Lin greeted us with her home baked scones with tea which were delicious! Our room was the spa suite at the Lodge and we were not disappointed. With the living area, wide screen television, cream carpets, large windows, beautiful white linens and of course the luxurious jacuzzi bath for two it was the perfect choice for a romantic night away. Everything was to perfection and we could not have asked for a more perfect wedding anniversairy!
Breakfast was a real treat due to Lin's exquisite talent for cooking. I would recommend that everyone tries the home made Granola and Fruit crepe- absolutely delicious! My husband had the full Irish Breakfast which Lin cooked to his preference and he said it was one of the nicest he's had in a long time. We were also given a Congrautlations card from Lin and her Husband which we found to be a lovely touch to the end of a perfect stay.
We can't thank Moorfield Lodge enough for making our special day exactly what we wanted it to be and can't wait to come back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moorfield Lodge B&B Ireland - where design is contemporary, hospitality is instinctive and the atmosphere tranquil - setting new standards in home from home comfort - a successful mix of old and new highlights the richness of antiques and luxury accommodation. Perfectly located minutes from Letterkenny with Rosapenna Links Golf Course approx. 20 minutes away, and Glenveagh National Park, one of Ireland's top tourist attractions also 20 minutes away. The most beautiful beaches are on our doorstep including Rathmullan, and a little further north to Portsalon. Indulge in the captivating views of the Ocean and the reflective twinkling night lights whilst relaxing in your luxurious suite. Easy day trip to Giant's Causeway, Bushmills and Dun Luce Castle. We go that extra mile to add to your holiday experience - you will be spoilt at Moorfield!Comprising 3 sumptuous bedrooms en suite, offering an all encompassing luxury stay. Beds and fabrics are of the best quality with the emphasis on classic chic. You won't want to leave. Awarded "100 BEST PLACES TO STAY IN IRELAND 2011" and "TOP 10 MOST Romantic Places in Ireland 2011" and again in 2012 for the 2nd consequetive year, as well as Trip Advisor's Excellence Awards for 2011 and 2012. Recently chosen to feature in the Michelin Guide 2013. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Moorfield Lodge Boutique Bed And Breakfast
- Moorfield Lodge Boutique Hotel Ramelton
- Moorfield Lodge Boutique B&B Ramelton, Ireland - County Donegal