“A weekend break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramelton
Moorfield Lodge Boutique B&B
Ranked #1 of 5 Ramelton B&B and Inns
Coleraine, United Kingdom
“A weekend break”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed for two nights.We booked the spa room which was luxurious, comfortable and beautiful.Lin greeted us on arrival with fresh scones and a cup of tea. She is a wonderful host. Lin recommended two great restaurants to eat in. The breakfast is the best I've had in Ireland .If you would like a lovely break this is the place to stay. Thanks Lin Mike and Christine

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
moorfieldlodge, Owner at Moorfield Lodge Boutique B&B, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you Mike and Christine - an absolute pleasure having you stay with us! With guests like you, we are so happy to be in this business - you made it all worthwhile ..........thank you again and we so hope you will be back in the sunshine - then you can make good use of the private deck off the Spa Suite. TAke care till then. Lin xx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed for one night 4th April but wished we had been able to spend longer there. We booked the spa room which was luxurious, beautifully furnished and very comfortable. The property itself and hospitality were excellent. We were greeted on arrival by Lin who made fresh scones with cream for afternoon tea, a dinner reservation at a local recommended restaurant was also made for us which also proved to be fantastic. We had a very pleasant night and in the morning had a lovely 2 course breakfast. Would thoroughly recommend this place for a romantic getaway or even a sound base for travelling around Donnegal.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but if you want something special chose the spa room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
moorfieldlodge, Manager at Moorfield Lodge Boutique B&B, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
It was our pleasure having you, thank you for choosing to stay with us. Yes, the Spa Suite is special and I will always remember your husband's comment as he walked in .." we went to Dubai for our honeymoon and stayed in a 5 star hotel and this is every bit as good, if not better" .....wow! what a compliment. We hope you will be back soon when the sun is shining again, and you can also enjoy the private deck for this room - sip a vino and soak up the sun and the peaceful pine forest views out the back. TAke care till then, and please keep spreading the good word - but please ask your friends to call me directly as a referral from you, so that I can give them something special.
Ireland
Reviewed March 26, 2013

As I was working in Donegal today I logged into tripadvisor to find a nice place to stay. Moorhall Lodge came up no 1 so I phoned to check availability. I spoke to a lady called Lynne who after checking her schedule told me that she had availability for a single room at a cost of €110 for the night. I asked her was there any room for negotiation on the price as I would be in Donegal on a regular basis and she agreed that we would do a deal when I arrived. She also explained that they 'do not take credit cards and accepted cash only"- which I thought was a little strange.

As Ireland had been playing an international WC qualifier I'd decided to pop into the local hotel on my way to Moorhall Lodge to watch the match and also get my dinner while I was there. At half time I recieved a call from Lynne who asked me if I still itended to stay. I'd explained that I'd popped in to have dinner and watch the soccer match. Her reply was that I was no longer welcome as I had told her I would be there in 40 minutes, and an hour had since passed. She politely recommended that I stay in the Silver Tassie Hotel- which is where I was eating my evening meal. I was gobsmacked- as was a fellow customer at the bar who had heard the whole conversation.

I have never been so rudely spoken to on the telephone in the way that Lynne spoke to me this evening. Perhaps if she reviewed her 'cash only' policy then I'd have saved time going to the pass machine to withdraw cash for her convenience. I cannot understand how a place like this has 5 stars (without setting foot in the door) unless stars are given out for being rude, impatient and obnoxious.

I will not be returning to Moorfield Lodge- regardless of how often I have to return to Donegal.

Room Tip: Make sure you get there on time or Lynne will be on your case!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
11 Thank CiaranMcP
moorfieldlodge, Manager at Moorfield Lodge Boutique B&B, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hello, I have been expecting this review from you, so it does not come unexpectedly.
I wish to put the facts on record, for those reading this. You called me at approx. 7pm to book a room for the night and when asked you said you would be arriving within "40 minutes" which was perfectly fine with me - as I was unwell and intended on an early night. You would have been aware that this was important as I had vascillated as to whether I should take your booking in the first place, making a point of asking how long before you would check in. I therefore expected you before 8pm. At approx. 8.45pm, I called your mobile to ask if you had changed your mind (which does happen on occasion) to which you replied that you had stopped off to watch the "match" - your review says that I called you during half time which would suggest that you may have been even further delayed before checking in! I suggested you might like to stay at the local hotel, being more convenient for you, seeing you were already there watching the match. You seemed peeved and put the phone down on me....This was said in a very friendly manner. I am sorry you felt this was rude, but I wonder why you did not think it courteous to call to tell me you would not be arriving till much later? You then called me back at 10.30 pm waking me up, to berate me, questioning me on why I do not take credit cards, etc and you told me you were on Trip Advisor, searching for any other negative comments from other guests, over the years. Sadly you found one! I wish to apologise for offending you, and wish also to make it quite clear that I spoke in a friendly and courteous manner to you at all times, including when you called me back later on during the night to question me further, putting the phone down on me yet again. I also had a witness here who heard these conversations and was amazed that you were offended in any way as he felt I had been most courteous in both calls, despite being woken up for a "grilling". (Our website clearly states that check-in after 8pm needs to be arranged with us.) Maybe we could chat over a cup of coffee when next you are up here? My treat. Take care in the meantime. With Respect, Lin.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Moorfield lodge most definitely lived up to our expectations. From the wonderful hospitality to the luxurious room with the most wonderful spa bath you could ever dream off...
Lin Crossle is a wonderful host and fantastic chef to go with! She will have you well looked after from the moment you arrive.
Fresh scones on arrival is just the start. Her breakfasts are to die for and we thoroughly enjoyed our Irish fry and freshly made crepes packed with fresh fruit.
A*** accommodation and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed February 2013
moorfieldlodge, Owner at Moorfield Lodge Boutique B&B, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you so much Kelly, for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to welcome gracious people to our home, and you were just that! You should come back again in the Summer when you can make use of your private deck - relax, sip a vino, and read a book with the pine forest as your backdrop - invigorating! I love cooking and it makes it even more gratifying to cook for those that love my food, so that was a pleasure also. We are expecting a busy season and the Spa suite is booking out quite quickly - but the Bayview is also a nice option - it has the double bath and double shower and is even bigger than the Spa Suite. Take care till then. x
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very positive experience here ... you will not find a tidier, cleaner place to stay anywhere. The food is top-notch, and Lin is very friendly. Yes, it's not an inexpensive place to stay, but you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LindylooRamelton, Owner at Moorfield Lodge Boutique B&B, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your most gracious review - you were especially lovely people to have in our home, and that makes all the difference really! We try to go that extra mile to make our guests' stay an amazing one, and it is so much easier when guests appreciate our efforts - so, thank you to you! We are away on our annual holiday to visit family, and re-open mid Feb, so we hope you will be back with us again soon after that. Wishing you and your loved ones a peaceful, blessed Christmas. Thanx again, Lin and Bobby.
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Such an enjoyable stay in Moorfield Lodge. Pure luxury. Friendly, helpful and hospitable host!
A great place for luxurious relaxation. Breakfast was absolutely beautiful. Best scrambled eggs you'll ever eat! Well worth a stay. P. Belfast.

• Stayed October 2012
LindylooRamelton, Owner at Moorfield Lodge Boutique B&B, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
We are delighted you had such a good time at Moorfield Lodge, it was our pleasure having you stay. Thank you for your lovely review! We look forward to having you back again in the Summer - great to spend time out on the deck of the Spa Suite, enjoying the stunning views whilst sipping your chardonays! Take care of each other, you are special people. x x
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Tom & I had the most pleasant stay in Moorfield Lodge in August. The accommodation was top class, breakfast was delicious, the scenery/location was breath-taking and finally, the host, Lynn, was warm, friendly and very professional. She was also generous with her time. Thank you both, Lynn & Bobby for making our stay so memorable. Donegal at its best!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PaulineHarrington
LindylooRamelton, Owner at Moorfield Lodge Boutique B&B, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thankyou Tom and Pauline for that wonderful review. We loved having you stay with us too, and we honestly found it a pleasure spoiling you. You are most gracious people, and we hope to see you again soon. We are going to take a break from mid-November till mid-Feb and visit family and friends in South Africa and Australia, but open for business as usual, refreshed and ready for the fantastic season ahead of us. With Derry-Londonderry being the Cultural Capital this coming year, and the "Gathering" in Ireland throughout the year, it should be madly busy! Take care, and see you in the new year. All the best, Lin and Bobby.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramelton
Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny
Dillons Hotel
Dillons Hotel
#2 of 12 in Letterkenny
Station House Hotel Letterkenny

Been to Moorfield Lodge Boutique B&B? Share your experiences!