“Beautiful situation”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Annagry
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Beautiful situation”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The views from this hotel are stunning, even in the rain! Our room was perfectly clean and in good condition. The breakfast produce was of good quality and served hot. Evening meals couldn't be faulted. The staff were friendly and efficient. Would certainly stay again if I was in the area. The only negative was on a personal note both my husband and I found the pillows uncomfortable which led to poor sleep quality and sore necks!

Room Tip: try to get a room at the front of the hotel for the tremendous views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
Tintagel, Cornwall
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a short stay at this hotel. The views from the bedroom were breathtaking and a real treat at the start and end of each day. The room was cleaned to perfection every day and the meals and service in the restaurant were very good. We will certainly be coming back here and recommending it to our friends.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front for the great sea views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
edinburgh
Reviewed May 25, 2014

had an evening meal in the bar, and had two and half courses, had yummy local mussels and then for main meal the chicken in peppered sauce, and then the cheesecake , and it was hmmmm, and i really can't fault the top class restuarant.

Room Tip: meals are really good, first class
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed here with my family for a two night weekend break, we had booked 4 rooms, all of which were lovely and clean.

The staff were more than helpful and really friendly.

To top it all of the food was fantastic.

Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Grainne1989
Hamble
Reviewed May 21, 2014

It's hard to believe a place like this exists in such a wild and rugged part of Ireland. Friendly efficient staff keep the wheels oiled here. Our room was large with a table and chairs by the window with a view of the bay. The bed was super king sized made up with quality linen and super comfy.

I had a bath which filled quickly and most welcome after a day cycling and climbing.
Even though it was the week before Easter, the bar was busy with families and couples enjoying snacks or meals.

The locally caught crab claws were delightful. And our evening meal was equally delicious. We had a house red which was fairly priced and palatable.

There are plenty of historical snippets hanging on the walls to read and ponder.

Really enjoyed this family run Hotel and our bikes were stored safely overnight.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meraid G
Northern Ireland
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed for two nights midweek on a Groupon deal and had a excellent time. The value for money was unbelievable. The room we were given was large with a large double bed and single bed (although there was just the two of us) and faced the front with lovely views. Tea and coffee making facilities were available and replenished each day. We were lucky with the weather and enjoyed lovely walks on the beautiful beaches a few miles away which we found after being given directions from the receptionist who was so lovely and genuinely friendly. She is a great asset to this hotel. We enjoyed our delicious, generous breakfast which left us so full we could not eat anything more until late in the evening. We enjoyed a lovely meal in the bar on our second night which again was plentiful and truly delicious. Service from the young waiter was efficient and he had a lovely warm and friendly attitude. Although there was no live music in the hotel (only on Saturdays I believe) we traveled to Bunbeg where there was Irish music and dancing in Teac Jack's and on the second night in Leo's which is a bit nearer the hotel.This area of Donegal is rugged and wild with beautiful views so if that's what you like then this small hotel offers a great base for touring this wonderful area.

Room Tip: Rooms at front have nice views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I know this area of Donegal well and had eaten in this hotel a number of times but had never stayed there before. But this Easter changed all that and a truly lovely and relaxing experience it was. There is a very welcoming feel to the place, and the staff are all very efficient, helpful and genuinely friendly. I had one of the delux rooms at the front looking out over the bay. Well appointed room, with a very comfortable bed and a homey feel to it.
I woke early after a great nights sleep, (the Donegal air of the previous day had knocked me out) I pulled back the curtains and the sun was just beginning to rise and the tide was far out. I made a cup of tea from the facilities provided and sat and watched as the sun rose and the tide crept in so quietly. It was a beautiful start to the day. For breakfast I tried their scrambled egg with smoked salmon, it was a very generous portion served on a big slice of moist wheaten bread. There was tea and toast and a whole range of cereals and some fresh fruit to chose from. The second morning, I didn't rise in time to watch the sunrise, but I did have a little sit with a cup of tea again to look out and enjoy the sun shimmering on the water in the bay. I had their special fry for breakfast and was not disappointed, delicious.
I was there with my elderly parents and my young niece joined me on the second night. We all had a great experience and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. We didn't even get to enjoy the music provided in the bar each night as we were so exhausted after walking around beaches and along country roads in the fresh air all day, but as I dragged my weary legs up to bed each night, I could hear the great craic in the bar, but I was beat and I knew that big comfortable bed awaited me zzzzzzz.

Room Tip: It is worth paying a little more for the delux rooms with the beautiful view over the bay. A great...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Shinner72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annagry
Harvey's Point
Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny
Dillons Hotel
Dillons Hotel
#2 of 12 in Letterkenny

Been to Caisleain Oir Hotel? Share your experiences!