“A Hidden Secret - A Must”

Ao Chalong Yacht Club Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 99 Restaurants in Chalong
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a very casual , secluded , Water Front Bar/Restaurant Where Everyone Is Welcome .Very good place to call in if you are touring around the Island . We employ local staff and source as much local Food as we possibly can without compromising quality . Ample parking , Fibre Optic Internet Connection , Beautiful View , Moderately Priced . Our apologies but we do not have Credit Card Facility . Local Thai Cuisine and European Comfort Food ( Bangers & Mash . Hamburger . Fish & Chips . Seafood Chowder . Daily Specials . ) We serve Iced Cold Beer and delicious Fresh Fruit Smoothies . We serve Bar Snacks at 5.30pm Monday to Thursday . Our Coffee is freshly ground and very good taste . We have freshly made food to suit a wide range of tastes and appetites . Pizzas are very good and we do provide a take away service if required . Look out for our sign , we have provided a photo of it . We have an Acoustic Guitarist playing on Sundays , he plays from 2.00 - 5.00 PM . He sings a lot of classic 60's - 70's . Very easy listening and as well as our Lamb Leg Roast or Loin of Pork, a very pleasant Sunday .
Reviewed August 10, 2014

This is not your "high end" Yacht Club. It is a casual bar restaurant which welcomes everyone and no cover charge and right on the water with fabulous views. The covered restaurant bar is open on all sides, but great in all weather. It is a great place to chillout with friends or family and watch the boats go by whilst having lunch or dinner and the odd bottle of wine, as I do. Food is served all day from lunch time and the bar is always open. The menu is a mixture of Thai and Western and Kim the owner makes sure it's fresh.
As someone who lives in Phuket, this is probably my favourite chillout place where I always take visitors. .

1  Thank SuePhuket

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I selfishly hesitate to recommend this oasis here as I want to keep it as my own little secret. Although the title implies that this a private club, the restaurant/bar is open to to the public and is one of the best places to be for a meal, sundowner or both. The genial host Kim always makes you feel welcome and provides superb home made Western and Thai cuisine at very reasonable prices and there is an extensive wine list. There is often live guitar music from the talented Edwin and a relaxed seaside ambiance with old, and sometimes not so old, sea dogs swapping maritime tales. Kids have their own play area, and the service is second to none. A traditional Sunday lunch here, complete with sea breeze, is the stuff memories are made from. Don't all come at once.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I were in Phuket and needed to get away from the hustle and bustle. We stumbled upon this gem for lunch. We then went there again the next day with our firends for dinner and again the following for lunch. We just loved the view and atmosphere. The food was awesome! It was fresh and clean. And the staff were friendly too. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Is this a Restaurant with a Yacht Club?

The Ao Chalong Yacht Club or ACYC as it is referred to is the main Yacht club in Phuket that has a bar, naturally, and used to serve food, as many yacht clubs do.
Then along came Kim Mitchell with his expertise for putting together a whole package where restaurants are concerned.
I tell people we now have a the ACYC restaurant with an in house yacht club, and I don't believe any of the members would be offended by that tongue cheek statement.
The ACYC Restaurant is open to everyone and all are made to feel welcome, however it can be a bit tricky to find for those first timers who are not familiar with the area.
To get there you head north from the Chalong Circle on the Phuket Town road (Chaofa Rd East) for 800 meters and turn right at the sign that says ACYC YACHT CLUB. This narrow Soi or road is almost opposite Flints-one bakery which is about 20 meters further along on the other side of the road. Follow this for another 500 meters until you see the bay and turn right into the ACYC car park. Or in sailor talk Latitude 7°49'38.03"N Longitude 98°20'53.69"E
Google maps...easy peasy!

What you find here is one of the best locations on Chalong Bay. The view out into the anchorage and on towards nearby islands is stunning, especially around sunset
when all the boats light up. It's a popular time for snapshots and a sun-downer or three.

The restaurant is an open air affair which is perfect here in the tropics and allows the breeze to flow through the bar and dining area which is decorated with Kims other passion, tropical plants. The whole atmosphere is a perfect blend for reaxing.
Running the bar and restaurant is a team effort between Kim and his partner Pia, who are both great people and run the place as professionals with a relaxed friendly attitude. Their support staff are attentive and polite which helps ensure your visit is a memorable one.

The food is what you would expect when you put all the elements together and far from expensive.
Their is a choice of both western and Thai dishes and a couple of specials on the blackboard that change regularly.
There is also a selection of fruit shakes for the kids, (yes and they are welcome too). or for those who would just prefer something healthy and refreshing.

As a local expat and a yachty, I tend to frequent the place so I have tried just about all the dishes, and being an ex-restaurateur I can be critical when it comes to cooking, especially when
someone is charging me money
My recommendations are to try the seafood chowder which is delicious and filling, or the chicken schnitzel with warm potato salad. If you arrive on a Sunday then you won't
go past the roast pork chop with apple sauce, dumplings and veg. There are always a couple of treats for desert such as apple crumble with cream and ice cream or chocolate fudge brownie with ice cream.
On the Thai side of the menu you will find some of the typical Thai favorites like Massaman curry with pork or chicken, pad kapow moo, green curry with seafood just to mention a few and
and if it's not on the menu and they have the ingredients then just ask as they aim to please and might just whip it up for you.

To sum it all up, I think the ACYC is fortunate to have two people like Kim and Pia who are a dedicated team that have, in my book, put together the perfect package!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

So glad that this place is finally on tripadvisor. I have lost count of how many times I have been to this place . The view is amazing and with a cold glass of wine or a gin and tonic it's even better. I am always greeted with a smile from the staff and enjoy a chat with Kim the owner .
It's a wonderful place to pop in for a drink or take the family , the Caesar salad is one of the best I have had on the island. Plenty of parking and priced well.