“Worth what you pay”

Rising Sun Residence
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Chalong
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Staff is reliable, rooms clean, and ratio quality cost is absolutely good.
Only minor negative aspects were location (always need the car to move and quite a lot of time is lost) and our driver (reliable and good in driving) spoke a very poor English, making comunication difficult.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed November 18, 2013

It was a pleasant and nice stay here. The hospitality was awesome. Our ville was neat and clean. The view from our room was magnification. Hotel driver received us from the airport and starting from there, the hospitality was great.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have been remiss in not reviewing our one week stay at Rising Sun Resort in early February 2013 sooner. From the moment we were met at the airport by our driver, we were treated to hospitality at its very best. The warm welcome, the magnificent three bedroom villa, beautifully decorated with our own infinity pool , the divine restaurants selected for us and dine in meals, the fresh fruit and delicious breakfast from our attentive and lovely maid " Jic" , the organised day trips and cooking classes..we loved it all! Wipa and her husband are experienced, attentive and very caring hosts. Above and beyond was Wipa's organisation of my speedy admission to Phuket International Hospital when I fell ill and her subsequent visit to me some hours later to ensure I was receiving the best of care. Wipa, thank you so much! We look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jill1957
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I would say that I was totally impressed by RS and I have never experienced anything similar before. At the start I was worried that the hotel might be too old to look good, the location might be inconvenient, there was few reviews from the web site. However all doubts were gone completely after I arrived.

About villa:The hotel rooms are well-maintained and look fairly new, the bathroom is so amazing, nicely renovated, and It even has sun roof, that's my favourite!! The swimming pool is large enough to swim around, and very very clean!! The villa is nicely surrounded by greenery and tall trees, peaceful and quiet nice little gem in chalong!

About service: I couldn't appreciate more for the service, the managers have arranged everything for us, very thoughful. Every morning(even in rainy days)they will come to our villa, ask about our request and plan a whole day trip for us! They even make reservation of restaurants for us, and evey single place they recommend is just amazing! Scenic, yummy, reasonable price! I wouldn't know these places without their help! Thank you so much RS staff! I want to highlight the personal driver service! It couldn't be more helpful for tourists like us. We can go anywhere anytime and the driver will just wait for us, very punctual! Thus the location is never a problem! We have great flexibility to do whatever we want to do in Phuket, that is something that other hotel or tourist agency cannot give.

Love rising sun, will come back in the future and recommend to my friends for sure!

Chelsea

• Stayed: October 2013
11  Thank Mintchelsea
Reviewed September 13, 2013

What a wonderful place.
We really enjoyed our stay even if it was too short ( 3 days ). We could have stayed for much longer.
Our villa was really nice and quiet which is what we wanted. The views are great and we just relaxed our days away.
The food in the hotel was also very good.As was the service from the staff. Wipa really must be congratulated for keeping such a happy and friendly atmosphere. Our whole experience there was great.
Thanks again for looking after us so well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank parson777
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family stayed at 2 one-bedroom villas.
Before our stay, I read all of the reviews of RSR and it raised my expectation to very high level.
Right after we arrived at the airport, we figure out that our vacation will be just as expected.
Our driver was very gentle and so helpful, Mr/Mrs Wipa provided us with all kind of support and it was all perfect to us, and the pool which is in front of the one-bedroom villa was so big and we everytime used it as a private pool.
Anyway, everything was awesome and we will definitely come back!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank HelloCake
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here in August. We were excited to be returning to Rising Sun, after a fantastic stay last year.
Wipa, Methee and staff are as helpful as always – nothing is too much trouble.
Breakfast served in the villa was wonderful, fresh and tasty.
Having been to Phuket previously, were we keen to stay in and relax, and the pool at Rising Sun was the perfect place to do just that.
I don’t need to tell you all about this wonderful hotel as it has been described many times previously. Perfect holiday - we will be back at Rising Sun again next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chalong
The Signature Phuket Resort
The Tint At Phuket Town
The Tint At Phuket Town
#4 of 93 in Phuket Town
Palm Garden Resort Phuket

Been to Rising Sun Residence? Share your experiences!