“Pushing you to your limits, and having fun!”

Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Gym
Ranked #3 of 43 things to do in Chalong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Unit-27 is Thailand's leading specialist & purpose built S&C/Fitness Facility. Staffed with an Elite Team of instructors including British degree Qualified S&C coaches the quality of our sessions is high, the results effective, fast and above all safe. Fully quipped with high quality functional equipment including prowler tracks, Rig, Cargo Nets and indoor underground sprint track. Add to this air-conditioned cardio & spin rooms and much, much more. Then wrap it all up in a graffiti/urban vibe with pumping tunes ! We are also the only CrossFit affiliate in Phuket Thailand & operate under the official name "CrossFit Phuket". Instructor are all L1 & L2 qualified having conducted their training in Europe and Australia. Our on site organic, healthy and tasty Muscle Bar provide nutrition advice and personalised meal plans. All sessions are all high intensity orientated and include Strength and Conditioning, Yoga, Body Fit, Spinning, Crossfit, Free Weights. With Ice Baths & Sauna for your recovery needs, and an apparel shop selling cool gear, Unit-27 is a "one stop shop" for all your needs.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Hong Kong, China
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Pushing you to your limits, and having fun!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I arrived for a week in Chalong, not really sure what to expect in terms of my week ahead.

I was more than pleasantly surprised to discover Unit 27, together with their friendly and knowledgable trainers, helpful staff, spotless facilities and quality equipment. A friend had been in town and recommended them - I'm glad she did.

As a single female, relatively new to weight based training, I found myself looking forward to every class at Unit 27, and yes, I actually even enjoyed the toughness of the classes! I was immediately drawn to the encouraging (and sometimes friendly competition) of the other participants, who always made me feel welcome, and importantly, helped push me further than I would ever go alone. I enjoyed being surrounded by like minded people - working hard to get the most from it, and then enjoy ourselves afterwards!

Each class type followed a similar format, but was totally different, so you never know what you'd be getting! Just that it would be tough enough to challenge everyone in the class, no matter their level.

The facilities are SO clean, and I really liked that they gave you a fresh face towel for each class - believe me, you need it! The space itself is a good size, the music system solid and the overall set-up great.

The only suggestion would be to add an evening yoga class a few times a week. Regardless, 100% recommend and I can't wait to go back!

Visited July 2014
Rob H, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Gym, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Hi SydBJ,

firstly thanks for taking the time out of your day to write such a positive review, very much appreciated.

We love the fact that you understood the ethic of the gym .... that being that we will push you to YOUR limits .... but only if you let us .... and maybe we can make it a bit of fun along the way ;-)

We did try evening Yoga for a month or so in the higher season and unfortunately it had very few takers. If enough clients do request it at any one time then we would certainly look at having our instructor conduct Ad Hoc lessons as required / requested. Next time your in the Unit let us know and we'll see what can be spun up.

Cheers & thanks again - Rob

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent staff, facilities and training. You'll have fun and get results!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I trained at Unit 27 for four weeks in July and thoroughly recommend them as the best training gym on the Chalong strip.
All the staff are friendly and enthusiastic about the training they provide and each are well skilled in their own discipline.
The facilities are in excellent condition and cleaned after every class throughout the day - after being on the strip for a few days you'll realise how much of a pleasure it is to be in a spotless gym, as not all of them are.
The variety of training offered at Unit 27 also makes their weekly and monthly packages excellent value for money. I regularly did yoga in the morning with Note (which was a great day to start the day and stretch out sore muscles) followed by morning circuits with Sarah (whose unstoppable enthusiasm puts your morning into overdrive), and then a strength and conditioning session in the afternoon with Evan and Oh (these guys know what they are doing and ensure correct technique to prevent injuries and isolate targeted muscle groups). If you've got anything left there's also crossfit and spin classes in the evening. Not to mention access to the weights room, sauna and ice baths. It's the best equipped outfit on the strip.
The prices are also very very good. I selected the weekly packages which provided unlimited access for only 3500 baht; by comparison Tiger down the road charge over 4000 bath for a weekly package (be careful as Tiger quotes prices excluding tax) and don't provide nearly the same variety or quality of training.
While training at Unit 27 I also added a few private sessions of Muay Thai per week at Dragon Muay Thai (great staff and also recommended) but you could also do the same at Top Team.

If in doubt, don't book anything until you arrive. Try a few out when you get there and then book the long term packages. I'm sure you'll agree, Unit 27 delivers.

Enjoy it

Hi Kiwi,

another great review from another great client, thanks so much !

Agree with absolutely the best piece of information you could give to anyone coming to the Soi ......... don't book anything before arrival, shop around and pick what suits YOU best.

Good advice !

Cheers - Rob
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“If you want to get fit that's the place to go ”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Unit 27 was for me the superior gym in the area. The fitness training was very professional, focused and different every day. The staff were evidently experienced and added great variety to their sessions. There was also a personal touch, they quickly get to know your name and make you feel welcome every time. The sessions were fun and enjoyable requiring maximum participation. It is extremely satisfying, even with the achy body, and all achieved with a smile on your face!!

Tiger gym was enjoyable, sociable and inclusive with some good sessions but it was not as focused as Unit 27. It was a bit of a sausage machine, I felt they are living of reputation. You will not be disappointed with Unit 27.

Rob H, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Gym, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hey Jolita,

good to see you are safe back in Dubai, and we hope you are looking flights back to Phuket :-)

Thanks for the excellent feedback, was awesome to have you with us training, we really enjoyed your positive attitude and commitment to the sessions.

Hope to see you again soon.

Best - Rob

P.S. It's more difficult not to remember the names of our clients with the level of personality and focus that they all tend to have, we are very lucky to work with people like yourself daily :-)
Basel, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“unforgettable :-)”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Ich bin begeistert vom Angebot und der profesionellen Unterstützung der Trainer, welche mit viel Herzblut ihren Job machen, danke.

I am excited about the offer and the professional support of the coaches, which do their job with a lot of passion, thank you.

Hi Anuschka,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review, we really do appreciate it.

Was a pleasure to meet you and have had you in our sessions. You always gave 100% and the Team love working with people like yourself.

Hope to see you again sometime soon :-)

Best - Rob
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Life changing experience!! A must do for all fitness levels. DO NOT miss your opportunity to train here!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Since my time in Phuket and @unit27 reluctantly came to an end a week ago, I have had some time to digest just how lucky I was to have been able to train here and change my life for the better.
I traveled here alone with a time frame of 2/3 weeks (depending on work circumstances and my amount of commitment ha! )..however this time ended up getting extended to 7 weeks as results kept coming (and my luck to stay here kept coming), my body fat % was dropping and strength,endurance, conditioning and muscle mas improving with every day and week.

I found that within 5 minutes of attending my first class that this was the place for me, the atmosphere in the gym was exactly what i wanted, very friendly and welcoming always encouraging and pushing people to the limits :)...the training is very challenging and you will work hard, however all you can give is your best and the trainers are clever enough to recognise when you give your best..
The people that were training alongside me were all at different levels some people are super fit and some people were like me just having a go trying to improve with everyday but the camaraderie and energy from the people here is one of the highlights of the gym for me.

The trainers are second to none here and all have a different approach, the mix is astonishing British degree level , pro athlete, body building competitors, Crossfit Professionals and people who love fitness and working with people..(which is all very infectious) the knowledge and skill implemented day in day out is very refreshing and always challenges you and pushes you to your limits and beyond.

The management and admin team are superb always able to assist in matters within the gym and offer advice in what to do away from the gym, because lets not forget you are in Thailand and want to enjoy the many Jaunts and rambles available in paradise. ;);)

The facilities here are also second to none, Brand new state of the art equipment that is regularly updated and added to and kept in pristine condition by the tireless cleaning staff who keep the gym immaculate and hygienic all day long, State of the art Air conditioned spinning Room with some pretty awesome lighting ;), Fully equipped Crossfit Rig and official affiliation with crossfit, Sauna and ice bath facilities which are a godsend when your body needs that extra bit of recovery.Open gym times, Good tunes, Showers and Plenty of more little things that make a big difference.

I also take away great friends from my time training here,the people training here become like a family to you and the staff are keen to get out and socialise when the opportunity arises, and have no doubt i will meeting up with a few of them down the road. :) :)

Its very hard to say what my favorite class or activity was in the gym, I have gained a wealth of knowledge and techniques to apply and practice into my training now going froward but i think my favorite would be the Saturday morning Rapid Fire Competition sessions where an awesome way to round off a great week of training before enjoying some deserved R&R..

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Damian O
Rob H, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Gym, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Hi Damian,

big thanks for taking so much time to write such a detailed review. You pretty much hit every base so it's a good job you were happy ;-)

All we ask is that you do whatever it is you have to do to come back soon and see us. We really enjoyed having you in here every day (we were tempted to offer you to set up a bed at one stage) and look forward to seeing you again in The Unit and socially outside.

Meantime, take care and don't work too hard (we may need your skills) ;-)

Cheers - Rob